Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2010, 23:03   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Everyone is carrying on like there is no problem? You have got to be joking! D'on comes in for a barrage of criticism on a daily basis on this forum from the majority of posters (including me).

However, withdrawing our support from the club is definitely NOT the answer. You say that DAV007 has a point. Yes, his point is that we shouldn't go to home matches and shouldn't buy merchandise (and presumably draw tickets). In other words, we should slowly strangle the club. My point is, do you agree with him or not?
Lots of emotional language as opposed to discussing the facts.

These men will not listen to any of you and change will not occur unless you starve them of the 2 things they love.
Money and status.

That means 2 things.
At away games, vocal protests which embarrasses the owners/management while they are living it up with opposing directors and highlights their short comings.
Not buying season tickets or merchandise and starving them of their cash

Im sorry, but you have never offered an alternative way of making a protest that is effective
you have never discussed what motivates the owners of the club

if you keep giving them your cash and attendance, you are not protesting but supporting them.

short term pain for long term gain, its the only way to get them out.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2010, 23:10   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

would that not possibly be long term oblivion davo? ilyas aint a bottomless pit. you got this great idea, what would sustain the club if that happened?

Last edited by cashman; 02-06-2010 at 23:17.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 23:25   #48
Senior Member+

cashman - the current owners cant sustain the club
Old 02-06-2010, 23:29   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
cashman - the current owners cant sustain the club
they seem to have no debt at the moment, from what we can gather. i agree they aint competant, but starving the club of cash would bring on another 62.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:33   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Starving THEM of their cash? No, starving the club we love of cash, until it dies. Is that what you want?

I also notice that you avoided mentioning Ilyas, the person who has ensured that we still have a club. Perhaps you think that his views don't matter?

Once again, I will ask you quite seriously - get in touch with Ilyas and see what he thinks of your suggestions. He's very approachable and he is willing to listen to criticisms from fans...I've certainly bent his ear enough times! So, go on, ask him.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:51   #51
Senior Member+

I have said all along, while Iylas donations are appreciated, it is morally wrong that he is holding up a untangable board.
I take Iylas point arguing the shares are in monetary terms worthless but they do still control who runs the club; malority ownership is where the power lies.

Once again, you are quick
to attack so i ask you again, inform me of an effective way to protest?
What do you think motivates o'neill and whalley?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

if that was n attack, ya need to get help.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:10   #53
Super Moderator

I would have thought that money is power, rather than paper shares. The way I understand it, if Ilyas converts his investment into the club into shares, he will have the majority holding and that's what counts.

As for the motivation of the club management, as I'm a not a mind reader I wouldn't like to say; I'm far more concerned about their ability to run the club.

If people want to protest, that's up to them. Starving the club of money can only lead to its demise.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:09   #54
Resting In Peace

If somebody buys EW shares then the money goes into EW pocket. Do you want to line EW pocket? EW is not a Director, he is not on the board and has no say in running the Club. Yes he has 51% and if he wanted he could call a shareholders meeting and out vote everybody else. But, as has been said before, if that was likely then Ilyas would convert the money he has invested in the Club into shares and then EW would end up with about 25% so there is no problem. The only person to benefit by the sale of EW shares is EW himself, so what is everybody's problem. Unless you DAV and Shurm are supporters of EW and want to see him line his back pocket. You are not starving EW and DON of money you are starving the Club of money, so carrry on and get a few more on your side and then we can return to non-league and obscurity, we will end up in the North West Counties with Chester, would that make you happy?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:31   #55

Surely it should be DO buying the shares of EW not the club ? Have I got that wrong ? If so yeah pay the fella and get rid of him once and for all what's wrong with that ?
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:36   #56
Full Member+

Quote:
Lots of emotional language as opposed to discussing the facts.

These men will not listen to any of you and change will not occur unless you starve them of the 2 things they love.
Money and status.

That means 2 things.
At away games, vocal protests which embarrasses the owners/management while they are living it up with opposing directors and highlights their short comings.

Im sorry, but you have never offered an alternative way of making a protest that is effective
you have never discussed what motivates the owners of the club

if you keep giving them your cash and attendance, you are not protesting but supporting them.

short term pain for long term gain, its the only way to get them out.
Starve the club of cash until O'Neill and Heys have no other option than to resign?

The problem is that since the High Court action, the Club hasn't been in such strong a financial position for a number of years due to Ilyas and Peter Marsden.

Should they have let the Club be wound up at the High Court? That would have removed O'Neill and Heys from their posts ... would this be, in your words, "short term pain for long term gain"?

Alternatively, should we hope that the players lose in Round 1 of all its Cup games next so it starves the Club of all the unexpected Cup income that we received last year?

Utter nonsense.

I'll never stop giving my money to Accrington Stanley and I'll never stop supporting the team. No amount of grievance with individuals at the Club would ever stop me doing either of those.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:51   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
I'll never stop giving my money to Accrington Stanley and I'll never stop supporting the team. No amount of grievance with individuals at the Club would ever stop me doing either of those.
Sums it up perfectly for me!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04   #58

Sorry is it better then he doesn't get paid then ? I'm confused

just wanted him out the way !!!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:19   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Shurm many are confused, but from my viewpoint if he don't get paid, he don't benefit, if the shares stay in his name, they are worthless to him. thats my 2 pennorth.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:31   #60

Right so really it ain't ever going to get sorted then ? But it's nothing to worry about either ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..