Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2010, 15:28   #76
God Member

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I think that's about it yes. So it doesn't really matter who has EW's worthless shares, but as long as DON doesn't pay for them then EW has nothing to put in his back pocket. So let EW keep his worthless shares. Let's stop bothering about it and let Ilyas get on with it.
Sorry, Jeff, but I think you're wrong. If those shares are worhless then EW would have got rid of them in a fire sale long ago. Without looking at the latest balance sheet I would guess that net assets are somewhat less than net liabilities, taking into account the various loans put into the club by EW, Ilyas, Peter Marsden and others.

However, you are failing to take into account goodwill and - more importantly - the brand name that ASFC has. Quite honestly, that brand name - if correctly managed - has a value far higher than any of the tangible assets of the club and that probably includes the players on contract. I really can't put an estimation on it but it is without doubt substancial.

EW has the club by the short 'n'curlys here; if he does not get back what he is asking for - loans, donations, or whatever he now wants to call them - then he holds on to his shares. The other creditors can of course, then ask for their loans back but but where does that money come from? If they then decide to pursue the matter then they will not be held in the best shining light as at most they can probably only recover a few pennies in the pound and they will then be held for the financial demise of ASFC.

The only good news in this is that we are not the only club in the boat; look at what is happening at both Liverpool and MUFC, where obstinate owners are holding out for maximum financial gain at the expense of their respective clubs.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2010, 15:32   #77
God Member

I tend to agree with what tealeaf said there thats my feeling also and u particularly remember that fateful morning. I do worry!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 15:53   #78
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
EW has the club by the short 'n'curlys here; if he does not get back what he is asking for - loans, donations, or whatever he now wants to call them - then he holds on to his shares. The other creditors can of course, then ask for their loans back but but where does that money come from?
It makes no difference if he does hold on to his shares so let him. What other creditors are you talking about ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 16:00   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
It makes no difference if he does hold on to his shares so let him. What other creditors are you talking about ?
Err...it makes one hell of a difference if he has the majority shareholding. The other creditors, are of course Ilyas, PM et all. The problem lies in the process of converting their loans into equity. I mentioned this in my earlier post - No 63 on this thread. It all boils down to the legal procedures to be followed if he EW decides to hang on.
Old 03-06-2010, 16:10   #80
Senior Member+

I for one have had enough of this, can the ASSF please stand up and be counted. Did Ilyas transfer those shares.
As a club we are small, however we own two elite things. Our name and league status - something which 90 percent of non league players want to play in. As a club we need to hold open trails that are proper advertised for prospective players to display their talents.

Can someone explain, how our budget has already taken into account the extra league money, when this has only just been announced ?. I understand the risks of longer term contracts however its a gamble which also has its positives, if you unearth a prospect.

We need to invest in proper training facilities not the ones at preston sports arena, ones in which have proper changing facilities as currently after training they use the ones in the crown, and we all know how good they are. No wonder Kee went to torquay !
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 16:12   #81
God Member

Quote:
Err...it makes one hell of a difference if he has the majority shareholding. The other creditors, are of course Ilyas, PM et all. The problem lies in the process of converting their loans into equity. I mentioned this in my earlier post - No 63 on this thread. It all boils down to the legal procedures to be followed if he EW decides to hang on.
At a board meeting earlier this year, the board Ilyas, Peter and Do'n voted for a £200,000 share issue, whereby, Ilyas can convert his financial aid into £200,000 worth of shares.

As it stands, EW has 51% of the shares, he agreed a price with DO'N to buy these shares, EW has said he lent the club £xxx but can't prove it. DO'N or the club don't want to pay EW for the £xxx loan until it is proved how much and when was lent. Hence the share transfer stalling.

If EW decides he wants the club back with his 51% of the shares, then Ilyas will exercise is option to make his financial aid into shares, instantly making EW's holding 25% and worthless on it's own.

Can everyone follow that.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 16:17   #82
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
At a board meeting earlier this year, the board Ilyas, Peter and Do'n voted for a £200,000 share issue, whereby, Ilyas can convert his financial aid into £200,000 worth of shares.

As it stands, EW has 51% of the shares, he agreed a price with DO'N to buy these shares, EW has said he lent the club £xxx but can't prove it. DO'N or the club don't want to pay EW for the £xxx loan until it is proved how much and when was lent. Hence the share transfer stalling.

If EW decides he wants the club back with his 51% of the shares, then Ilyas will exercise is option to make his financial aid into shares, instantly making EW's holding 25% and worthless on it's own.

Cheers for that, mate, message received! That's very reassuring to know!
Old 03-06-2010, 16:17   #83
Senior Member+

Yeah, but I still feel DON is a scapegoat for EW failure.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 16:40   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Yeah, but I still feel DON is a scapegoat for EW failure.
There is no doubt, in my eyes, that EW screwed ASFC re tax and creditors............the man is/was a finacial dinosaur, and then got out before the preverbial hit the fan.

Now as for the DON, he admitted in PUBLIC that he was well aware of the financial state of the club when He decided to buy out EW, He also admitted that He did NOT have the financial ability to pour cash into the club and sort out the mess. Nor would He be seeking to do so! Throughout all of the tax problems time and time again He LIED to both the fans and public of Accrington, knowing full well that there was very little if any chance of paying off the debt. On the final day (when IK and PM stumped up the cash a the court hearing) both He and Rob went to London with NOTHING TO OFFER.................ASFC would have been closed there and then.

So to say DON is a scapegoat is IMHO a farcical statement!!

The man cannot be trusted...................simples!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 16:51   #85
God Member

WE ARE TOO SMALL A CLUB TO HAVE FACTIONS!!

Please somebody make a statement and let's put the whole sorry saga to bed once & for all and move on looking forward not backward all the time.

It's like sitting on a time bomb

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 17:15   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post

OK..this then should put it to bed. When the £200K share issue was voted on, did that vote include EW's 51% voting right? If so, then it's done and dusted..if not, it's meaningless.

Simple, really.
Old 03-06-2010, 18:12   #87
God Member

This is the thread about the shareholders meeting, not board-meeting as I originally stated.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ers-51303.html

Amongst other things, it has been stated that DO'N has the 51%, but it is unclear whether he has paid for them or not. The issue with EW's loans is why the transfer has not been formalised. My understanding is that as DO'N was majority share holder at the time, (whether he still is, is unclear) and voted for the share issue.

Other bits and pieces picked up over the last few months, has led me to believe that my earlier post is the most accurate, understanding of the situation.

I also agree with Jeff that there is nothing to worry about.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 18:14   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
OK..this then should put it to bed. When the £200K share issue was voted on, did that vote include EW's 51% voting right? If so, then it's done and dusted..if not, it's meaningless.

Simple, really.
Please explain to this numpty T, if it included E.W.s 51% or not? cos if it didn't n then if fer circumstance ilyas converted his loan to shares twould leave E.W. with 25% as i understand things. so therefore to my tiny mind that 25% would be meaningless, i'm simple really.
Old 03-06-2010, 19:05   #89
Full Member+

Quote:

Simple, really.
No, it doesn't include EW's shares ... that is irrelevant. If EW has 51% of the current number of shares and the number of shares doubles (i.e. there is a 200K NEW share issue), EW's share of the TOTAL shares would drop to 25%.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 19:19   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
There is no doubt, in my eyes, that EW screwed ASFC re tax and creditors............the man is/was a finacial dinosaur, and then got out before the preverbial hit the fan.

Now as for the DON, he admitted in PUBLIC that he was well aware of the financial state of the club when He decided to buy out EW, He also admitted that He did NOT have the financial ability to pour cash into the club and sort out the mess. Nor would He be seeking to do so! Throughout all of the tax problems time and time again He LIED to both the fans and public of Accrington, knowing full well that there was very little if any chance of paying off the debt. On the final day (when IK and PM stumped up the cash a the court hearing) both He and Rob went to London with NOTHING TO OFFER.................ASFC would have been closed there and then.

So to say DON is a scapegoat is IMHO a farcical statement!!

The man cannot be trusted...................simples!
Spot on post UK!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..