Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2010, 19:27   #181
Senior Member+

Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
What about when we could not walk along the walkway at the end of half time fc:??? What was that all about??? The whole night was crazy, just hope that we do not lose one of our best assets on the back of this!!!!!

The walkway incident was really annoying!

One steward was stood their on the terrace walkway entrance with his arms across it! We started walking towards it saying excuse me and said we wasnt allowed through. Thinking he was joking i laughed politely and said excuse me! He was actually being serious. He said that you cant go through the walkway as people behind it were blocking it!

I thought, is this a joke? I went to him " well why cant you move the people behind the walk way so then we can use the walkway for what its for" he said nope not coming through.

So everyone then had to get through and pass everyone on the terrace just get to were they wanted to!! Its an utter joke. Whats the point in a walkway?
I didnt mind walking through the people to stop a problem etc but its how they talked to you and what they did and that was nothing.

I try not to have a moan on here as there isnt any point and just causes negativity towards the club but this was something that really annoyed me!

Oh and yes, if crooky gets banned for chucking a till roll , then so do another 80 people!!!

Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2010, 21:02   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
Jase and Danny are not alone in this fight there is alot going on at min but there will be a statement made if it is allow(stanleymad ill pm you with the full statement before i post so you can ok it)

The statement will be made in the next 24hrs
Cheers katei no probs

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-08-2010, 09:51   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
EVERY HOME GAME THIS HAPPENS:

Game Ends - 10 Minute Singing - Put Flags Away And Clear Up

Why the stewards or Chief Steward(s)/ Health And Safety man couldn't tell the police before or after the game had finished puzzles me!!!

There was no need for any of it, no dangerous or ruley behaviour happened!

Also a note for the police is their Horses, one police woman couldn't control hers and it was all over the place and even managed to kick two people!!!
i nearly got bloody kicked when it charged at me! when i was leaving the ground! couldnt exactly leave when we had 3 massive horses blocking the exit!
Old 29-08-2010, 13:58   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Good post, I did not see the incident as I was on my way from the ground so I am not prepared to comment on any of the actions of any of the parties involved, but I do believe Jase had approached the ultras earlier in the night asking them not to set off smoke bombs /flares but what happened SMOKE BOMBS and now Jase is facing a banning order. At the end of the day rules is rules as stated elsewhere on this thread and it,s the FL that set them, If ASFC are found to be in breach of these rules it will be the club that pay the price also the police can re catorgerise any further matches at the crown which will also inccur cost to the club.
We have so far been in a very lucky position were certain aspects of the FL regulations have been woolie round the edges and a blind eye has been turned but in truth how many times do people have to be told not to throw things onto the pitch what do they expect to happen if they get caught??
I do think that things will now change (for the worse in my opinion) at the crown no matter who was to blame for this inccident and I would not be supprised to see fans being searched even more stewards and police and overall a clamp down on anything regarded as bad behaviour or a breach of FL league rules.
At the end of the day there is no chance of a statement from the club until such times as all the evidence is gathered, to comment before would be like shooting themselves in the foot.
Swore i'd never post on here again,so here goes for one day and one day only.Having read through the posts regarding the problems during and after the match i can see both sides of the argument,having been on the clayton end for the Newcastle game it was great to see everyone in high spirits.As Stanley convert says the throwing of any object onto the pitch is against league rules and the club will bear the consequences when the dust settles.The smoke bomb pellets were a stupid idea being let off in a confined area with people so close together,these smoke pellets are potentially toxic and can harm anyone with or without breathing difficulties,the empty container was also in the goalmouth and had obviously been thrown at Tim Krul along with a few coins.I have done a lot of work inside the crown ground (including clearing up all the till rolls and everything else that was thrown into the goal area during the Newcastle game) since the end of last season, and it saddens me to see that certain people are giving Mick Schultz a lot of stick over the ensuing problems that followed the game.Do any of the people involved realise just how much Schultzy does for ASFC,he's not only head of security but Kitman,gopher and a host of other duties (exccept when he's trying to delegate them to me lol).Get off schultzy's back and let him get on with his job,i for one wouldn't want his job and i don't think many other people would be able to do what he does.My only hope is that the events of wednesday night are sorted out and any heavy handed stewards are dealt with accordingly,common sense and thought cost nothing,i also hope that the events of wednesday don't come back to haunt ASFC.The cost to the club for extra policing which could be forced upon them (£3000 upwards) would put extra strain on a already tight budget,i sincerely hope it doesn't come to this.The club needs all the support it can get,so perhaps the fans should put a little thought into what they do to help not jeapardise ASFC, by the way i thought the effort that went into the banners for the newcastle game were fantastic,shame the night had to end in such a fashion.
Onwards and upwards STANLEY.
Old 29-08-2010, 14:48   #185
Full Member+

As one of the people who have “had a go” as you put it, at Mr Schultz, I would re-iterate what I previously said. Whether or not he is a superb kit-man, wonderful gopher or anything else, I would say that, if those duties interfere with his main role as Chief Safety Officer, then he is taking on too much. The fact remains that, as Chief Safety Officer, he is ultimately responsible for the stewards and, ipso facto, for the way in which they conduct themselves. All I have asked from him is a statement that he, as Chief Safety Officer, does not condone the behaviour of certain members of his team and an assurance that action will be taken to ensure that such behaviour by stewards will not be condoned by ASFC in the future. No such assurance has been forthcoming, so I am left to draw my own conclusions.
Old 29-08-2010, 16:51   #186
God Member

ditto Oldgobbin.

I text him the name of the steward WHO I SAW THROWING PUNCHES so hopefully it will be dealt with. But like has been mentioned, somebody is accountable for the stewards and it was their heavy handedness which forced the issue on the night. Fair do's nicking somebody, but when four people are holding one person down, with headlocks and arm bars, then folk will always intervene. If the stewards retaliation is to throw punches then the whole situation escalates. The club, if anything, should be extremely thankful that we don't have the army of idiots that the police clearly thought we had. If the 30 or so people involved (myself included) had been of that ilk then they'd still be cleaning the claret off the terracing
Old 29-08-2010, 19:46   #187
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
ditto Oldgobbin.

I text him the name of the steward WHO I SAW THROWING PUNCHES so hopefully it will be dealt with. But like has been mentioned, somebody is accountable for the stewards and it was their heavy handedness which forced the issue on the night. Fair do's nicking somebody, but when four people are holding one person down, with headlocks and arm bars, then folk will always intervene. If the stewards retaliation is to throw punches then the whole situation escalates. The club, if anything, should be extremely thankful that we don't have the army of idiots that the police clearly thought we had. If the 30 or so people involved (myself included) had been of that ilk then they'd still be cleaning the claret off the terracing
Whilst I have some sympathy in what is being said, I cannot think Mick Schultz will come on this site to answer your complaints. Also, having seen a number of Newcastle fans ejected in a similar fashion, there was no intervention from their fans with the exception of a few boos directed at the numpties that came onto the pitch. However, due to the lack of retaliation after the incident, those ejected were laughing and joking with the police. There is one other point, although Mick is the Ground safety officer, what about a response from the chief steward (Caroline). There has been a deafening silence from her as well.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 29-08-2010, 20:07   #188
God Member

I think that we all know that the club are in a very difficult situation and I for one would not expect to hear from them on this forum!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 29-08-2010, 20:17   #189
God Member

Smile Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

It is up to us as FANs to sort this, we must use the stickied thread at the top of this messageboard, plus every other option we have!

We all know where the club is, we all know who the people are!!

We have Amanda Jacks from FSF, who is offering help. I was close to Jase and I know that at least 1 or 2 more on here were close by - it could have been us!!!

We must not take this lying down, if we do, it will be the thin end of the wedge, before we know it there will be zero tolerance on singing, dancing, drums etc.

JUSTICE FOR THE SU2

Old 29-08-2010, 20:22   #190
God Member

Exclamation Re: FANs not criminals!!!!

Shocked to read what happened Jase,

Reading between the lines I reckon that the stewards have been waiting for an opportunity to get you, and you gave them that opportunity albeit for in your opinion the right reason, supporting your mate.

Of course I will definitely be a Character Witness for you, if it can help.

Accrington Stanley would not be the same without you, and also although I reckon your Ultras would carry on, I am sure that everyone would agree that it just wouldn't be the same without you.

Don't let them win, fight it and good luck to you.

Once again if I can help in any way as a Character witness then I will.

Best wishes to you and all the Accy Ultras.

John

Forever Bury.

Shakers and Shrimps alike, they all know the score!!! We must fight this!!

Old 29-08-2010, 20:27   #191
Senior Member+

why do stewards keep coming on here and trying to distract from the cause of the problems.

Police and Stewards with no idea on how to control a harmless crowd, but hell bent on wilfully creating a scene to justify their pointless existence.

I didnt agree with alot of what eric whalley said, but i do i agree with him on one thing 'i wouldnt pay them with washers'
Old 30-08-2010, 08:28   #192
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
why do stewards keep coming on here and trying to distract from the cause of the problems.

Police and Stewards with no idea on how to control a harmless crowd, but hell bent on wilfully creating a scene to justify their pointless existence.

I didnt agree with alot of what eric whalley said, but i do i agree with him on one thing 'i wouldnt pay them with washers'
DAV007 I really do have to take issue with this statement.

FACT - till rolls were thrown after the start of the second half.
FACT - a message was tannoyed around the ground after the start of the second half to cease throwing till rolls. FACT also this wasn't heard on the Clayton End - which in effect is a club problem.
FACT - I know Jase polices the Ultras with a passion and his mantra is for a loud proud bunch of supporters who are - in the main - law abiding and peaceful. A policy I support whole heartedly.
FACT - were the stewards at the Clayton End, club stewards or hired help? You don't answer this one.
FACT - quite clearly you have never stewarded a game in your life. Try it, even at Accy it is not always that easy.

Whilst I support Jase and the Ultras for all they do at home and away matches, get off the stewards backs. Yes they may be paid 'washers', but without them, the town of Accrington would not have a football club, because they are a legal requirement - FACT.

PS I am not a steward - used to be one, but now do a more mundane job.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 30-08-2010, 08:43   #193
God Member

~Whilst I understand what you are trying to say Ozzy, stewards came on the Clayton End with fists clenched, THAT IS WHY THERE WAS THE LEVEL OF TROUBLE THAT WE SAW.

If the arrest/ejection had been made in a proper fashion then there wouldn't have been any objection from the crowd as a whole. Once it was obvious that trouble had begun then they could quite easily have made a cordon between the first arrest and the so-called police attackers - they didn't, they separated and became emboiled in various battles all over the place.

For the record, I personally didn't have any problem with the way the police spoke to people, or the way they handled the beginnings of the trouble. At any point that they are asked, or take it upon themselves, to intervene then there is a problem. That type of problem is usually violence and they were dealing with a crowd. They are trained to deal with problems as quickly and firm handedly as possible. For me the problem of the police on the Clayton End lies with whoever made the call that they were required and whoever was in control (or not) of the Stewards? Did they act on their own initiative or was somebody telling them where to go and how to act?
Old 30-08-2010, 09:37   #194
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
~Whilst I understand what you are trying to say Ozzy, stewards came on the Clayton End with fists clenched, THAT IS WHY THERE WAS THE LEVEL OF TROUBLE THAT WE SAW.

If the arrest/ejection had been made in a proper fashion then there wouldn't have been any objection from the crowd as a whole. Once it was obvious that trouble had begun then they could quite easily have made a cordon between the first arrest and the so-called police attackers - they didn't, they separated and became emboiled in various battles all over the place.

For the record, I personally didn't have any problem with the way the police spoke to people, or the way they handled the beginnings of the trouble. At any point that they are asked, or take it upon themselves, to intervene then there is a problem. That type of problem is usually violence and they were dealing with a crowd. They are trained to deal with problems as quickly and firm handedly as possible. For me the problem of the police on the Clayton End lies with whoever made the call that they were required and whoever was in control (or not) of the Stewards? Did they act on their own initiative or was somebody telling them where to go and how to act?

This was a point which I tried to make earlier Macca..
If it was deemed that such a large 'Security Force' was really necessary, given the good behaviour record at 'The Crown', then surely some pre-match 'briefing' would have been given to all concerned!.
If this was the case, then did The Police brief the Stanley Stewards and the 'Rentathugs' ?...or did the leader of the Mercenaries ( Hired Stewards!)...say that they would handle any misdemeanours in their own fashion ?....or was the Stanley Safety Officer the one to decide how the general security at the game would be handled, and any emergencies dealt with ?..
Or was there NO briefing at all imparted to the occupying Army , and thus ultimately no effective control planned other than that which caused the breakdown in order so widely described on our Forum ?.
An answer to this question would not only satisfy my curiosity, but also that of many others so concerned about our Club and it's future!. BUT...as the many others have implied...I'm not holding my breath!.
(Incidentally, I too as I walked through the Police Barrier at the top of Livingston Road, felt an unease that a meek and mild,and peace-loving Fan of our Friendly and Family- oriented' Club should not have to experience...this bit of Police-prescence was totally unnecessary...and no doubt expensive to the tax-paying citizens of Hyndburn !)
Old 30-08-2010, 09:45   #195
God Member

I've just posted on another thread that there were at least 15 stewards or police lined up in front of the Clayton End before the final whistle. Are they always there like that and I've just never noticed?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..