Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How much would you pay PER SEASON for multimedia on the fishy site?
£35 (this is what FL premium TV sites cost for the season) 12 30.77%
£20+ 13 33.33%
£10+ 4 10.26%
I wouldn't be prepared to pay 10 25.64%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2011, 19:49   #31
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Website subscription

Okay...
I don't think I've ever posted this much on here on a non match day!
The commentary MUST come through Accrington Stanley - they are the rules.
However, what comes out of your speakers and plays out on your screens doesn't necessarily have to come from the club.

If we take only the commentary, this can be provided by a third party (ie a radio station) and a number of clubs do this. Now, aside from the fact that no commercial stations cover the club any more and Lancs don't do commentary, that is something that could be done.

A company (or a radio station, but we'll go for company as a standard term) could provide the multimedia content and in lieu of a fee that company could take a percentage of the subscription money (like the Football League do)

That money would cover staff costs, expenses etc etc.

The Football League would get their cut, then some may go for website hosting (bear in mind this is all theoretical)

There may or may not be some money left over after that. I don't know. That's why I'm trying to gauge interest. It's only an embryo of a beginning of an idea at the minute...

So your money would INITIALLY go to ASFC (cos it has to) but then it would immediately be distributed to the various sources mentioned above.

Please note that this is MY IDEA ONLY - I haven't discussed any details with anyone. Other than you lot. On a public forum...

I'll do my best to answer any other questions, but as I've said about a zillion times now I'm open to ideas.

Dan

P.S. Enough talk of medals you fools - I get paid (a bit) to do something that you lot PAY to do, so it's not me that deserves the medal!!!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2011, 19:50   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach View Post
All that being said, I still think the FL shouldn't have stopped the club providing it for nowt!
In fairness if the FL didn't enforce certain commercial issues and therefore make relevant payments back to the clubs some clubs would be out of business now.
Old 14-01-2011, 20:09   #33
God Member

I think the point Spuggie raises about worldwide is a very valid one, in that you have to look more beyond your own backyard so too speak.

I think if the website was fresh with regular updates it keeps fans going back to have a look as well as perhaps visiting fans and people who have an interest in football in general.

A player with video & audio content alongside the website would be fantastic and a giant stride forward for the Club maybe opening the door with Commercial & Sponsorship opportunities?

It also serves it's own purpose with news that then filters out to the wider media etc.
that gets people talking and gains their interests and putting us in the public eye.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 20:54   #34
God Member

What a grand idea. I would find up to 50 pounds if it meant live coverage,visual and audio on the net! I really hope this idea grows legs. C'mon STANLEY.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 22:41   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The club does not have an unblemished record in providing service.
This has to be a contender for understatement of the year! Like Cowboy, I'd be prepared to pay around £20 provided it was totally independent.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 00:29   #36
Senior Member+

firstly dan i think you are doing a sterling job in promoting the club and trying to take things forward and i thank you implissibly for that

secondly i, like many others from scattered shores miss your commentary on a saturday/tuesday/wednesday and would love to hear your vocals once again

as to taking things forward i would happily pay £35 for the ability to hear a live commentary obviously by yourself for each game as i by location cannot get to the majority of matches however love your passionate biased commentary

thirdly i am not getting involved in the politics at the club although realise there is so much crap and ego going on there

simply love ACCRINGTON STANLEY

i wish you all the best in your quest in taking our club forward
Old 15-01-2011, 09:15   #37
Full Member+

Dan

Could you not put an appeal for feedback on this proposal on the fishy site?

As all content would be through that site and not this one, that would be an appropriate place for such a request.

It would be a great shame if, for just £2 or £3 per month during the season, there wasn't enough interest in this proposal to cover the costs and make it work.
Whalley Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 10:47   #38
Full Member+

I think this can work if done properly and for that, Dan's the man . £20 - £30 depending on content

Last edited by Reamer; 15-01-2011 at 10:49.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 11:28   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
So your money would INITIALLY go to ASFC (cos it has to) but then it would immediately be distributed to the various sources mentioned above.
Just like the monies due HMRC and all the club's other creditors. You don't really mean immediately do you? More like when legal proceedings are instituted. This why I said I wouldn't pay anything until we have changes at the top.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 11:51   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Just like the monies due HMRC and all the club's other creditors. You don't really mean immediately do you? More like when legal proceedings are instituted. This why I said I wouldn't pay anything until we have changes at the top.
Ok some people do not trust the club to be above board with this which understandable to many. Yet the club can redeem its self in a small way in the eyes of fans and supporters. It would be a good start that shows those in charge want to help the club expand off the field. Out of interest what ís the playing staff think of this as they will be the hero's/villain's in this possible venture?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2011, 12:49   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Just like the monies due HMRC and all the club's other creditors.

It's a poor attitude when you think that legal responsibilites and people's livelihoods should take priority over power & ego's
Old 15-01-2011, 16:16   #42
God Member

this is the kind of thing that our website really needs and I hope it won't be at the expense of losing our own independant website to one of those mass produced Premium things that most other clubs run.

Much as I'd love it to happen I don't think there would be enough interest to get it off the ground without financial propping up from external sources (ie sponsorships). I would imagine Accy Web would the most indicative of likely audience - how many people are viewing this forum during matchtimes? (25 members and 65 non members) And then I would imagine no more than 75% of those people would be likely to subscribe and pretty much only for the commentary. Anything else contained on the site would be fluff. If the quality of the fluff was goo enough and regular enough then there would the possibility of grabbing a lot more of the crowd to visit the website after games as well - and that would be where the money is.

As you walk around Accy town centre on a saturday afternoon there is no interest in the game or the team - I would like to walk past market stalls and hear the commentary coming through radios hung over the back of the stall.

For the record I'd happily pay £35 but would hope for a figure of £19.99 in order to appeal to the most possible tightarses!

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 15-01-2011 at 16:18.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..