Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 13:47   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Southend Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Our club is going down the pan & it kills me.

We are being run by a man whose only experience of football is videoing the game.

More & more will just not bother like Cashy..... such a shame
the real shame jase is i am already aware of folk that aint bothered this season, n all fer the same reason its going down the pan soley because of the ownership fiasco, i have no doubt of that, no-one i know expects a super stadium or big signings as that is beyond a club like stanley, but everyone i think has a right to have what stability a club like stanley can provide, many hoped this would have come to pass by now, but no it just drags on n on n on.
Old 12-02-2011, 13:54   #32
Full Member+

I spoke to a couple of Southend fans at the ground,they been travelling since 7.45 this morning , they seemed very understanding and were heading for Blackburn Rovers instead.
To say £70,000 has been spent on the pitch it is time Stanley sued the company who did the work.

I just hear radio and ref on passing the buck, says Stanley should have requested an early inspection , and it now up to F.A. as to what action to take.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 13:54   #33

Common sense tells me its going to get worse before its gets better the PITCH i mean
We need to relocate the games to another venue ie Burnley/Blackburn for the rest of the season
Need to get contracter back to dig the bloody thing up and start again they cannot keep patching it up
By the way the local council pitches were played on this morning by the kids !

stanley nick
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 13:57   #34
Resting in Peace

Absolute disgrace, and I am once more utterly ashamed to be a Stanley fan. A Southend fan from Harrogate on a motor bike saw my scarf and stopped me after I had got 100 yards up the road and I didn't believe him. I had checked the website just before setting off and was just watching all the footie matches in progress over on Wilson's playing fields. Without a drought we are never going to get any matches on for months, and it's not as if we have had any meaningful rainfall this week! I hate to be wise after the event, but I remember posting months ago before the work on the pitch started that 70 grand was like in the wind. Can we not beg Rovers and Burnley to let us play our home games alternately on their patches, please? Whaddya think, Dave?

Last edited by Stanleymad; 12-02-2011 at 14:34. Reason: Language
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 13:59   #35
Senior Member+

Its one thing after another.... Player registration fiascos, club mascot fiascos, tax bill fiascos, ground grading fiascos, ownership fiascos, more player registration fiascos, players not being paid, managers not being paid, small companies not being paid......

There is nothing to feel proud of about being Stanley, bar Coley & Bell

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:02   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
.There is nothing to feel proud of about being Stanley, bar Coley & Bell
And the players!
Old 12-02-2011, 14:02   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Whaddya think, Dave?
Might end up that way yet, which is even more expense for Stanley.
Old 12-02-2011, 14:03   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Might end up that way yet, which is even more expense for Stanley.
We're doomed, then.
Old 12-02-2011, 14:04   #39
God Member

Quote:
ground grading fiascos,
I don't think you've heard the last of that one yet if Barnet finish in the bottom 2
Old 12-02-2011, 14:05   #40
Resting in Peace

Bet there playing on the White Ash, I feel sorry for the Southend fans they must have set of early doors to get up here, there must have been some doubt yesterday, don't think its rained since then, seems like Wallace and Gromit prevail at the Crown
Old 12-02-2011, 14:06   #41
Senior Member+

Sue the contractors .... dig up the pitch .... ask for the use of Rovers or Burnley grounds. All these are big decisions. There is no-one at ASFC capable of making such big decisions.

How ironic that in a week when one of the triumvirate has been publicly begging support, the club is about to lose yet more money because of the need to postpone a game and all that that entails. Apart from the financial loss, it puts yet more pressure on the players who will again have to play two games within a week. It makes a mockery of the "Back the Boys" campaign.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:10   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Simple question- Who is responsible fer calling n early inspection?
Old 12-02-2011, 14:17   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sue the contractors .... dig up the pitch .... ask for the use of Rovers or Burnley grounds. All these are big decisions. There is no-one at ASFC capable of making such big decisions.

How ironic that in a week when one of the triumvirate has been publicly begging support, the club is about to lose yet more money because of the need to postpone a game and all that that entails. Apart from the financial loss, it puts yet more pressure on the players who will again have to play two games within a week. It makes a mockery of the "Back the Boys" campaign.
I don't think we need to look too far ahead, as I can't see the club surviving much longer. This rudderless ship with the ghost of EW at the wheel is going to get blown out of the water. That man will never be forgiven.
Old 12-02-2011, 14:19   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
there must have been some doubt yesterday, don't think its rained since then,
Not sure how long for but it did rain fairly hard at one point last night, I know it was throwing it down at 9ish because I checked for somebody else on here.
Old 12-02-2011, 14:24   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not sure how long for but it did rain fairly hard at one point last night, I know it was throwing it down at 9ish because I checked for somebody else on here.
Can't have rained that hard Dave, I can always tell if its raining my windows come in for some hammer, heard very little last night, but even so if games are called of after every rain shower, things are looking extremely dodgy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..