Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2011, 17:56   #31
God Member

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Any link to the article Dave?
Guessing it won't be online until tomorrow, I actually bought the paper.
Old 17-02-2011, 17:57   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can i ask who says its rubbish in the Beano?

It's the official club line
Old 17-02-2011, 18:09   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Shaw View Post

Being a 'technophobe' I was not aware that discussions were being recorded. The reason for the meeting was to lay out clearly the difficulties being met at the club and to avoid a repetition of the unexpected financial bombshell of two years ago. The meeting was also to garner support from fans to help the club through a difficult period and there was a number of
constructive ideas put forward.

I fully accept that ukcowboy acted in good faith.

Why wasn't this meeting 'open'? Surely the gorey deets could have just been posted on here, as they eventually were by those present.
Improving transparency with closed meetings sounds like an oxymoronic state of affairs to me.Just my opinion.

Posted via Mobile Device
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 18:41   #34
God Member

People were picked/invited on a strategic basis, FANs from all corners of the ground, those there are/were challenged to spread the word, better that than 100+ in The Sportsbar, baying for blood!!!!

Mr. Shaw, did what he felt was the right thing and we should all respect that!!!

Let's all focus on what the task in hand is...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 18:43   #35
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
its going to get rough between now and the end of the season.

by the end of this month we'll owe that taxman around 100k.

we have nowt coming in.

the difference between incomings and outgoings is massive and we won't pull it around.

there is a directors meeting planned in London this weekend and big decisions have to be made. I have no knowledge of what these decisions are about but I can guess.

Its going to get messy but the only good news I can take from it really is that it is finally coming to some sort of head. With a bit of luck it'll all be over for the new season - it's just a question of how much pain can we take between now and then
100k tax bill hows that since 20th november we only had 4 home games out of 12 games played,income from those 4 games wouldn't atract that kinda tax surly?players and staff have been payed last month, This Directors meeting would this be at the wycombe game which i would think it will be the first time mr kharn and mr marsden have seen stanley play for a while,as mr kharns been out of the country for a month or two and both live in the london arear,may be the meeting to welcome peter shaw on board as a new Director of the club who knows.
Old 17-02-2011, 18:47   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
100k tax bill hows that since 20th november we only had 4 home games out of 12 games played,income from those 4 games wouldn't atract that kinda tax surly?players and staff have been payed last month,

The income from games is VAtable, tax is for wages which still occur every month regardless of games
Old 17-02-2011, 18:48   #37
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
The clowns in charge of "Our club" are just that - I do not put RH in that bracket!! - They have little/no idea how to run this business!! We lose sponsorships, but they cannot find more, we over spend on players budget, then they take on more, we owe money left, right and centre, so we take on more staff!!!

It all beggers belief, but it is true

The MAJOR shareholder, must go now, to give us any chance of turning this thing around (I use the word MAJOR, as that is what he is, NOT THE MAJORITY!!!! @ Best 43% ) He should have stood by his word and gone when we reached the FL, then he would still now be the hero we all belived he was.....

Cannot think of much more to say, but I am sure thaat Macca, Loweiy or Timmins will fill in more.

As a group of FANs, we must fight this, but protest marches, or staying away, is not the way.
It's all well and good to say you don't put Heys into the group, but what has he done? Maybe I'm missing something or your post is missing something; an explanation as to why you don't put Rob into the same category as Eric and David.

Personally, I felt it was just a matter of time until the club was back in trouble with money. Haven't we learnt by now....
The Red Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 18:49   #38
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
People were picked/invited on a strategic basis, FANs from all corners of the ground, those there are/were challenged to spread the word, better that than 100+ in The Sportsbar, baying for blood!!!!

Mr. Shaw, did what he felt was the right thing and we should all respect that!!!

Let's all focus on what the task in hand is...
Was this meeting held by P Shaw as chairman of ASSF,or as a Director of stanley if the latter was it with the full backing of Mr Kharn ????
Old 17-02-2011, 18:50   #39
Junior Member+

I can only find this info on this site. Is this true about the financial situation. Where did all the money go from the Newcastle match? Sounds daunting
packernjs
NJSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 18:51   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
Can i ask who says its rubbish in the Beano?
Whalley and O'Neill's puppet, a Mr. Heys.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 19:07   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Blooded View Post
It's all well and good to say you don't put Heys into the group, but what has he done? Maybe I'm missing something or your post is missing something; an explanation as to why you don't put Rob into the same category as Eric and David.

Personally, I felt it was just a matter of time until the club was back in trouble with money. Haven't we learnt by now....
We can all have our opinions, mine is that Rob Heys is OK!!!! He is never going to sell us down the river, unlike the other two, the only thing he is guilty of is caring to much!!!!!!!

My opinion..

Old 17-02-2011, 19:09   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Was this meeting held by P Shaw as chairman of ASSF,or as a Director of stanley if the latter was it with the full backing of Mr Kharn ????
As a Stanley FAN Mab!!!! Thankfully he is there to keep us in the loop!!!

Old 17-02-2011, 19:10   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSP View Post
I can only find this info on this site. Is this true about the financial situation. Where did all the money go from the Newcastle match? Sounds daunting
packernjs
Debts, debts and more debts, sponsorships have gone/not been paid, wages over budget, income is less than out goings!!!!

Old 17-02-2011, 19:14   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Debts, debts and more debts, sponsorships have gone/not been paid, wages over budget, income is less than out goings!!!!
So, why is Rob Heys denying this in the Observer?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 19:22   #45
Member.

Can we not give Rob Heys a break, he’s a true ASFC Supporter and at the end of the day he’s an employee of the club and has to work within the perimeter of his contract; whatever that may be. Peter Shaw has only done what we’ve asked for and was promised; he’s been open and transparent, which is more than anyone else has been in the last two years; at least we know before the rest of Lancashire. The future of the club is in all our hands.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..