Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2011, 12:06   #16
God Member

Re: Accy £50 Clubhouse Appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
....this is the stupidest idea they have ever come up with.
I agree, but then it is only April. There's plenty of time for worse.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2011, 13:21   #17

my wife and I go into the Club before every game and have a couple of drinks. We will not be paying £50 for the privilege making a total of £100 for the two of us. Disgusted, and disappointed. Not the way to gain support.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 15:22   #18
Senior Member+

In my opinion £50 just to sit and pay for your beer is a bit much. However there is an opportunity here that has been missed. The Sports bar, in my opinion is in need of a major overhaul, as many of us know it has some issues regarding the roof, the bar area could do with renovating and rejigging to make it a better service area and the back bar area could also do with a refurb.

If this had been me putting this idea forward I would have gone about it in this way:

I would have presented it as a way of sponsoring the revamp of the sports bar, £50 quid gets you exclusive rights to the bar pre & during game including the early football game on the big screen (wall!). Complimentary tickets for a free pint and pie, along with the opportunity to rent the bar out in the evenings for events at a reduced rate. Your name on a commemorative wall plaque stating that you helped to sponsor the revamp and also a picture on the sponsors page in the programme.

My way would have got the bar improved basically for free, which lets face it the bar does need it really. It would have given the scheme a sense of purpose and the fans a sense of involvement in the future of their club.

How many would have put their hand in their pocket for £50 if it meant they had a far better sports bar to have a drink in?

Just a thought!!!

Last edited by sparkie; 13-04-2011 at 15:25.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 15:55   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
My way would have got the bar improved basically for free, which lets face it the bar does need it really. It would have given the scheme a sense of purpose and the fans a sense of involvement in the future of their club.

Maybe they should have used the money given to do it in the first place. There is also the opportunity to have the walls lined with Stanley memorabilia.
Old 13-04-2011, 17:05   #20
God Member

sorry Sparkie gotta agree with Dave. They were sponsored for 25k to do just that, and all they did was paint the walls and make some plywood tables. They then received more money, mainly from the osc inc the Rochdale walk money. I think all they did with that was stain the plywood tables. There was a little more to it but you get the drift.
Old 13-04-2011, 17:08   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
sorry Sparkie gotta agree with Dave. They were sponsored for 25k to do just that, and all they did was paint the walls and make some plywood tables. They then received more money, mainly from the osc inc the Rochdale walk money. I think all they did with that was stain the plywood tables. There was a little more to it but you get the drift.

25k ?
Old 13-04-2011, 17:16   #22
Senior Member+

Ah I didn't realise that was the case, I had no idea that was what the dale walk money was for etc. But that aside, I still think my option would have been more viable than the one they are offering!!! lol
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 15:11   #23
God Member

Well Rob Heys has defended the idea in the observer, saying that hospitality interest has increased and the lounge pack is a comercial decision - not to snub fans but a great source of revenue for the club and hope to spend more money on the crown pub so that it becomes the supporters base before & after match!

MMmm crown is too small for a start! Can see its not gonna go down well with a selection of supporters

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 15:15   #24
God Member

I'll let you all know what 'proper' hospitality is like next week got a feeling the basics will blow me away to what im used to here hahahaha

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 14-04-2011, 15:22   #25
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Well Rob Heys has defended the idea in the observer
Rob Heys is, and always will be a lying (twit), how can he defend what has to be one of the most stupid ideas ever to come out of Stanley

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Stanleymad; 14-04-2011 at 15:23. Reason: language
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 15:25   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Rob Heys is, and always will be a lying (twit), how can he defend what has to be one of the most stupid ideas ever to come out of Stanley
Maybe he feels as CEO that he has to defend the ideas of his staff

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 14-04-2011, 16:19   #27
God Member

Well I hope people get a table to put their drinks on and a chair to sit on for their £50 cause as it is now it is as cramped as Trumpton before a game at the moment.

The other question would be if walk on prices, season tickets and admission to the Clubhouse is going up are the rates for match sponsorship?

I am far from thrilled as many on here are of the prospect of not being able to use the facilities unless I pay a season's coverage and it is something that is difficult to take but if the Club can afford to turn supporters away from the lounge unless they pay £50 then fair enough.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 16:37   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
The other question would be if walk on prices, season tickets and admission to the Clubhouse is going up are the rates for match sponsorship?
I really hope not. Several of the last few matches I have been to have been sposnored by Hyndburn Council. I'd prefer to see the council staff pay to get on instead of using my council tax
Old 14-04-2011, 16:42   #29
Senior Member+

We all know the lies RH has spouted over the last few years, he would be straight out the door if I was running it, but alas hes there and there is nothing we can do other than put up with his garbage.

The issue as a whole as I have already mentioned doesnt bothar me as I go in the Crown, however at the last home game of the season (Barnet) , myself and 9 others have a table booked with a meal etc and have got it for £22, which is a superb deal.

If we enjoy it there is no question we would have re-booked for a game (if not 2) next season.

Unfortunately if the club now wants £50 on top per person than they are im afraid, in cloud cuckoo land.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 16:44   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
The issue as a whole as I have already mentioned doesnt bothar me as I go in the Crown, however at the last home game of the season (Barnet) , myself and 9 others have a table booked with a meal etc and have got it for £22, which is a superb deal. .

The standard price is £320, how come you got it so cheap ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..