Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2011, 15:27   #91

Re: Home leg ticket Madness

"SOLD OUT" sounds good, I cant wait. Three sides of the ground packed there should be a great atmosphere. Lets hope we do it for all of the people who have worked so hard over the years to get us to this position.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2011, 16:03   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Yep, only the coppice end remains really.

Would be superb to fill that aswell
looks like yeh got yer wish smudge.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:25   #93
Senior Member+

Could someone explain why half the Whinney Hill terrace was empty? If that was a sell out, the attendance should be 5070, yet the official attendance was 4185, how is that a sell out?, hell of a lot of space at the top of the Coppice stand.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:28   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Could someone explain why half the Whinney Hill terrace was empty? If that was a sell out, the attendance should be 5070, yet the official attendance was 4185, how is that a sell out?, hell of a lot of space at the top of the Coppice stand.
5070 minus Sky Cameras and non shows. Stevenage had 200 left. Fair attendance.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:36   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
we assumed that section was reserved fer satanage ozzy, the end was all fenced off.
Old 20-05-2011, 23:13   #96
Resting in Peace

The figures still don't add up for me. 200+ maybe for the empty half of the Whinney Hill, presumably unsold by Stevenage. Where were the other missing 700+ if all home tickets were sold? Very odd.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 23:34   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The figures still don't add up for me. 200+ maybe for the empty half of the Whinney Hill, presumably unsold by Stevenage. Where were the other missing 700+ if all home tickets were sold? Very odd.
thats puzzling me. no-way 700 didn't turn up. if capacity is just oer 5000. still a damn good gate though.
Old 21-05-2011, 06:34   #98

None of it added up towards the end

was watching the on-line sales, and we had 500 left at one point, then I see an "official" announcement that there are 200 left????

300 didnt just vanish, or, as it now appears, get sold.

Understand if the camera took up 300 places of for safety reasons... but why not say that

Now the season is over it's time to get serious (Ilyas???). Went to the club for my ticket for the Barnet game, which I had ordered, during "opening hours"... was told shut because the new shirt stock had arrived and the guy said "I am not stopping again till midnight, so I have took tickets off sale, and shut the shop"... forthunately I only cam from Rishton, but what if I had travelled...???

When I went for my Bradford Ticket, which I had ordered (having been told the three games were all-ticket)... was told "it is locked in the office"....

On numerous other occassions I have been to the ground and the office/shop has been shut when it is advertised as being open

Time to have a re-think, get some professionals in, and HOPE we keep the manager on the pitch....
rishtonreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2011, 06:40   #99

Alot of clubs always announce a smaller figured attendance so it's less money to give out Bradford almost got caught with it a couple of seasons ago when they tried blagging there was over 2000 less fans in the ground than there was
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..