Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2011, 21:44   #1

Wish we'd finished 8th

Well, what a terrible end to a terrific season. Frankly these two play off matches have been an embarrasment. The rest of the country, if they were still watching have witnessed the 2 worst televised games of the season, coupled with a football pitch that must have embarrased the Football League.

In terms of the match, Craney was on the pitch for approx 60 minutes longer than he should have been. His performances towards the end of the season have been shameful. Stanley finished 5th in spite of Craney, not thanks to him.

Jimmy Ryan has cemented his place as a League 2 player. He was again very poor, but didn't give up. However, the tactics employed tonight were abysmal. Stevenage must not have been able to believe their luck as Stanley played right into their hands by launching long ball after long ball straight to their centre backs. The sending offs were both predictable. I said at half time we would have a sending off, although I didn't expect 2 in a minute. Both justified by the way.

John Coleman's body Language was of a beaten man after the 1st 15 minutes. I really do think he might well throw in the towel and take the Bury job , if they still want him. How can any manager be expected to coach a football team to play on a pitch that is worse than the average sunday league park pitch.

Sorry for the depressing tone of my post, but these 2 games have done Stanley no favours whatsoever, and in my view, finishing 8th would have been preferable.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2011, 21:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Wish we'd finished 8th

*** Close Thread ***

Troll Alert.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 21:54   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what a load of crap, what they achieved was remarkable given the circumstances n although i'm very disappointed i'm also very proud of what the reds have done. one who bothers what others think aint very high on me list.
Old 20-05-2011, 21:56   #4
Senior Member+

So proud of Accrington Stanley. From favorites to go down to play off contenders.

Jack Barret will be proud.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:02   #5

what a poor thread. You should never regret anything you achieved this season. Your teams done excellently and every Accy fan should be proud of their players.
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:04   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmason View Post
what a poor thread. You should never regret anything you achieved this season. Your teams done excellently and every Accy fan should be proud of their players.
We are Carl, just gutted that we will miss the derby
Old 20-05-2011, 22:10   #7
Senior Member+

Lets face it, where we finished is irrelavent, Coley always betters the previous season, so auto promotion next season?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:12   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmason View Post
Quite right. As disappointing as these two games have been, I would have been a lot more disappointed had we been relegated this season.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:15   #9
Senior Member+

The town should be proud of what the team have acheived but tonight's display has taken some of the shine away from that, congrats to the lads on getting this far, it's no mean feat.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:16   #10

In the first line I wrote "Terrific season", To finish 5th has been a remarkable achievement. However, to claim that these two games have somehow enhanced Stanley's reputation you would have to be living in Cloud cuckoo land.

I've watched every play off game, on Sky (except tonights match at Shrewsbury) and in truth ours have been the worst. The two performances we have witnessed have not represented the Way Stanley have played this season, sadly the rest of the watching public do not know that. And I was embarrassed by the state of the pitch. A pitch that just might make Mr Coleman consider his position as Manager.

These are just my opinions. But i am thoroughly dissapointed and would honestly have preffered not to have suffered these two games.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:21   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
IA pitch that just might make Mr Coleman consider his position as Manager.

These are just my opinions. But i am thoroughly dissapointed and would honestly have preffered not to have suffered these two games.
Why should JC consider his position

Believe in making things even better next season, and who knows, auto-promotion may just be achieved.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 22:21   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yeh also wrote "Wish we'd finished 8th" as the thread title, that makes a sad loser in my eyes.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:29   #13

I meant to put a question mark at the end of the title thread.

Sad loser? well maybe. but football is an emotive game and tonight i feel quite emotional about it.

Anyway, season over, and all in all a remarkable achievement, but i still reserve the right to feel dissapointed at the end of it.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:34   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

were all disappointed larry, but fer me that don't detract from what stanley have achieved.
Old 20-05-2011, 22:41   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
We are Carl, just gutted that we will miss the derby
Got to admit league 2 isnt looking the best next season and with us and Dale going that must be a fair chunk of the away income gone.

Its not all doom and gloom, who says you cant build on this season and go up next?
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..