Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 21:01   #916
Senior Member+

Re: Sean Mc

Have not been on Accrington Web for a while. Rare sign in! Cant believe this thread is still going and has 114,000 views!

Still bitter about him going to Stockport though!

Sean this season just needs to be a little more consistent and he will flourish like last season! He has come back a better player!

Great goal though last saturday! Superb!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2017, 00:38   #917
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:39   #918
God Member

Our self-appointed 'Fans Rep' once again exhibits his magnanimity.
KiTChener and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 16:45   #919
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Have not been on Accrington Web for a while. Rare sign in! Cant believe this thread is still going and has 114,000 views!

Still bitter about him going to Stockport though!

Sean this season just needs to be a little more consistent and he will flourish like last season! He has come back a better player!

Great goal though last saturday! Superb!
Hi fc Stanley!....I have a feeling that following the next post, then your revisiting of the Forum
Might well be of a slightly abbreviated nature !.
Don't be deterred at all..!

and KTF !
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:09   #920
God Member

Smile Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another assist yesterday for Super Macca and a good all round performance from him

Corners and set pieces, were - in the main - well delivered and dangerous..... still do not know how Billy managed not to score right at the end

After a run of average/poor performances, Sean has upped his game and is influencing games more

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:42   #921
Senior Member+

Joe,I know exactly why Billy didn't score at the end --- because I backed 3-0 !!!
AccyMad, baldy and sherry like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 15:46   #922
Senior Member+

I have noticed Sean's corners have improved 10 fold the last couple of months. Couldn't beat front post to save his life last season!

Much better from him of late!
Old 05-02-2017, 16:06   #923

Couldn't agree more. Especially now we have our own Peter Crouch - a.k.a. 'Rodger the Dodger', waiting beyond the back post.
It's apparent that Harvey has been instructed to take up a position beyond their last man & run in to meet Sean's long corners. As others have said, our corners & free kicks have suddenly become much more effective.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 17:08   #924
God Member

Smile Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Joe,I know exactly why Billy didn't score at the end --- because I backed 3-0 !!!
You would have been cursing - similar to Carlisle game and Harvey - if you had have been standing next to me..... Great ball in from Sean and somehow Billy managed to knock it over the bar, you could see the look of dis-belief in Billy's eyes......

For maybe the first time this season, it did not cost us...

Old 18-02-2017, 18:55   #925
God Member

Smile Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 More assists today for Super Macca and - for me - was the best player on the park!

Corners and set pieces are now things that we can - and do - score from

Filled in well at LB after the sending off, tackled well and put the blocks in

He also kept charging forward with the ball into the dying minutes.

As well as this, he had the state of mind to barge into their player in the box and give away a penalty, which a) After they scored set up a nervy and exciting last 20 mins and b) Saved the Club ££££ in clean sheet bonuses - HERO

Roll on Tuesday and a chance to welcome another HERO back to Stanley, lets hope that he gets the reception he deserves, but also - like Guthrie and Fosu - goes back to Cambridge pointless

ON STANLEY ON

AccyMad likes this.

Old 18-02-2017, 19:19   #926
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I have noticed Sean's corners have improved 10 fold the last couple of months. Couldn't beat front post to save his life last season!

Much better from him of late!
I was told today they were much better than those he delivered on Tuesday Night? too deep then ? today i thought they were excellent.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 18-02-2017, 19:45   #927

And what a shame he's picked up his tenth yellow and now misses the next two games.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 19:52   #928
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How many is the don out for?also has the portugese lad got clearance yet?
Old 18-02-2017, 20:07   #929

The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?
AccyMad likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 20:17   #930

For me he's up there for player of the season , just getting pipped to the post by Matty p.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..