Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1063Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 18:26   #61
God Member

Re: Sean Mc

well although chris said he was leaving my shirt I sponsered when he left, it turns out he didn't after all!! But have to say that Mr T has come up with a fantastic "other option". so anyone who sponsored a shirt last season pm Mr T on here with who you sponsored and your details and I am sure he will do everything he can to sort out.

The prob is the players doing a runner with their shirts most of the time and then the club struggling to get them back, which is even worse when they leave the club too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2011, 19:21   #62
Junior Member+

Am I wrong to presume that getting a permanent marker into the home dressing room on the last game of the season is that difficult, it would have been obvious (even in May) that not EVERY member of the entire squad would not re-sign for the coming season so why not get the shirts signed directly after the last match (having them dirty and smelly confirms they are genuine too !!)

Last edited by Fritzel; 10-07-2011 at 19:28.
Fritzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 20:21   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzel View Post
Am I wrong to presume that getting a permanent marker into the home dressing room on the last game of the season is that difficult, it would have been obvious (even in May) that not EVERY member of the entire squad would not re-sign for the coming season so why not get the shirts signed directly after the last match (having them dirty and smelly confirms they are genuine too !!)

They shouldn't have to be watched like schoolchildren knicking stuff from an unlocked stationery cupboard in the classroom.

The players know the shirts that have been sponsored, and even though they may be the lowest players in the league some of the sponsors are not as well paid and probably pay whay they struggle to afford to help the club. A bit more respect to people who do this woudn't go amiss.

I was told ( and don't know how correct it is ) that Danielle got the players to sign a form to say they would refund the money if the players didn't return the shirts. Shame she wasn't still there at the end of the season to sort them out
Old 10-07-2011, 20:25   #64
God Member

Smile Re: Sean Mc

Has it not occured to you my friend, that some of the players actually want to keep their shirts as a souvenir/momento of their times at Stanley???? And to be honest there is little the club can do about it!! Mr.T. Will no doubt keep us informed Reply to post 62.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 10-07-2011 at 20:30.
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 20:28   #65
God Member

Exclamation Re: Sean Mc

Thing is LD, she has gone, as has Martin, so there is little or no chance....

P.S. How is my Richardson top coming along?

Old 10-07-2011, 20:30   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Thing is LD, she has gone, as has Martin, so there is little or no chance....

P.S. How is my Richardson top coming along?
Will ring up tomorrow and check, wasn't in week before last.
Old 10-07-2011, 20:32   #67
God Member

Quote:
Has it not occured to you my friend, that some of the players actually want to keep their shirts as a souvenir/momento of their times at Stanley???? Reply to post 62
If truth be told Joe thats probably what happens at most clubs, you more than likely don't get the actual players top but a new one with their name on. Still needs sorting though.
Old 10-07-2011, 20:32   #68
God Member

Smile Re: Sean Mc

I hold out no hope my mate, but no doubt I will be chucking cash at another top this season!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 20:33   #69
God Member

Quote:
Thing is LD, she has gone,

There's a vacancy get her back
Old 10-07-2011, 20:35   #70
God Member

if a player wants to keep one of his match worn shirts is it not too difficult to supply him with one 'at cost' to wear in the last match?

Beyond that it still shouldn't be too difficult to prevent a player from leaving the dressing room with it.
Old 10-07-2011, 20:37   #71
God Member

and i think that providing the sponsor with a new one, badged and certificated, is fine whether it is worn or not - as long as it hasn't got the tags attached you'd never know anyway. And they could always let the youth team wear it in a training session to get it authentically stinking!
Old 10-07-2011, 20:37   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if a player wants to keep one of his match worn shirts is it not too difficult to supply him with one 'at cost' to wear in the last match?

Beyond that it still shouldn't be too difficult to prevent a player from leaving the dressing room with it.

Lew should have insisted in tracking devices being sewn in to the new ones
Old 10-07-2011, 20:48   #73
Junior Member+

with the greatest of respect folks (and I genuinely mean that too) the shirts are not the property of the players, I appreciate they may want to keep a shirt as a momento but unfortunately they have already been allocated to a sponsor who has ploughed their hard earned cash into the club to support ASFC. the concept of giving the players a shirt to wear for one particular match is valid (eg the one off black "cleverboxes" one worn at Stevenage) that the players may keep, and still issue the sponsors with the goods they have paid for - If I wandered off with a keepsake from my last job as a lasting memory of my time there I am sure it would have been scorned upon ....I worked at Natwest !! lol
Old 10-07-2011, 20:51   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzel View Post
eg the one off black "cleverboxes" one worn at Stevenage

They were the shirts worn all season because Coley was superstitious.
Old 10-07-2011, 20:57   #75
Junior Member+

Black Combined were worn all season and Lew made a special Joma Cleverboxes one for the Stevenage away match - the red home kit had a black cleverboxes square placed on from the the Stevenage game at the Crown (hope Im right or I will look a right plank !) lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..