Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2012, 19:05   #61
God Member

Re: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm not believing that we would accept £70,000 for Coleman's three-and-a-half-year contract. It simply doesn't equate.

I got told ( by somebody not connected with the club I hasten to add ) during the summer when he was touted for one of the various jobs going , that if Coley wanted to go then 12 months compensation would probably be accepted. I have no idea if that equates to 70k, but wouldn't it be Coley & Jimmy anyway ?
Old 21-01-2012, 19:06   #62

Why go to Rochdale ? A club on their way down he'd get the job in January and be sacked by May.

He will eventually move on but for it to be right for him it'd have to be reliably mid table League 1 club or higher - anything less than that would be pointless as he believes he can get Stanley there.

The only other way I could see it would be to move to a team with real potential for going up a few leagues i.e. Bradford.

I also can't see him leaving mid-season if I'm honest - he's had things his own way for how many years here - he'd need to have a summer to get things set up right.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:12   #63
Junior Member+

Stranger things have happened - we never thought Hill would have left us like he did either. Especially after commenting that he would definitely not be going to Barnsley (the week before he went). Maybe Coleman fancies the challenge of coming to us - it certainly is not going to be an easy ride for whoever takes over, but he will have the full backing of a sound set of directors and a top chairman. I think Coleman is a good a man as anyone available to us to get us out of this mess .
Dalenumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:17   #64

Come on Mr Khan.

Time to get on the phone to Coley?

Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:19   #65
Junior Member+

Or we're just trying to get news and pass info on.
Dale2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:20   #66
Senior Member+

what i don't get in all of this is that Stanley are up there and fighting for the play offs and Rochdale are in a right chuffin mess and lets face it hardly the most revered club in the football league with the fantastic legacy of having 2 promotions in a life span of 105 years, one followed by relegation and the other about to be. I wish Coley all the best in whatever he does as he has been beyond a legend for us however Rochdale, Coley you are better than that fella. If he had gone to Preston would totally have understood but Rochdale you're having a laugh!

Last edited by Mick; 23-01-2012 at 06:02.
nige b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:20   #67
Junior Member+

I know some will question 'reporters' info, but Richard Partington is Manchester Evening News and Rochdale Observers reporter, he very rarely gets things wrong , as most Dale fans will testify. Also rumours from other sources that it will happen early next week.
Tweets from Partington yesterday and today.....

Dale have been talking to the Accrington boss for the last few days - Accy looking for sum in region of £70k compensation
20 Jan

From what I hear, compensation package not so much the problem as the length of contract on offer - that's where talks broke down Thursday
20 Jan

But it's far from dead in the water - was always going to be difficult to complete today with Dale going away to Wycombe, Accy to Aldershot
20 Jan

It's as you were then for what I'm hearing will be Chris Beech's last in charge of the first team. Let's hope he can bow out with a win
4 hours ago

Talks have definitely been taking place - I expect further developments early next week
4 hours ago

John Coleman remains the target - talks held this week but couldn't reach agreement. Keep eye on it over next few days
4 hours ago

It's not a done deal yet with Coleman, but it's in the pipeline. As for Nicky, think he'll be given chance under new manager
4 hours ago

Told it's not wrapped up yet - but it's being worked on. I expect it to happen early next week
4 hours ago
UpTheDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:25   #68
Dan
Senior Member+

Conspiracy theorists... I am here!

There's no video online yet cos I've been flying solo and have to get back from Aldershot. It is uploading as we speak.

As part of my Radio Lancashire duties I asked Coley about the Rochdale link (again) and he said the following (I'm paraphrasing slightly, but I'm sure you can get the full interview online)

He's had 12 happy years at Accrington and doesn't see why that can't continue but he is ambitious and the height of his ambition isn't league two. That's good for the club, who would still be in the Unibond if he didn't have ambition.

That's it!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:29   #69

rob heys was'nt at the aldershot game today, wonder were he was spotland, crown ground, wycombe or preston , your guess rochdale fans, because i know where he was.
fact
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:35   #70
Dan
Senior Member+

One more thing (as Colombo would say) - there's been no approach from Rochdale about taking Coley, so how compensation figures are being bandied around I have no idea...

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:37   #71

He's going. That was the chance to say so. Managers always say never say never about moving on, but should have said I am.not going to Dale. You are better than this John. Time to
.be honest.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:37   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
rob heys was'nt at the aldershot game today, wonder were he was spotland, crown ground, wycombe or preston , your guess rochdale fans, because i know where he was.
fact
Well it was one of those but I'll not spoil it for ya
Old 21-01-2012, 19:44   #73
God Member

Can i remind people about swearing on the forum, its a family site even if its topically nerving

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 19:45   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
He's going. That was the chance to say so. Managers always say never say never about moving on, but should have said I am.not going to Dale. You are better than this John. Time to
.be honest.

It's not unknown for managers to use speculation to strenghten their buying powers with current employers
Old 21-01-2012, 19:54   #75
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's not unknown for managers to use speculation to strenghten their buying powers with current employers
Clutching at straws time?
Dalenumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..