Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2012, 18:07   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Paul Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
until they get the compensation sorted hes staying ... theyre not going to say owt till they get that sorted ....
The fact that hes interested after only a few games here, means as far as i'm concerned,He is no longer wanted here, He has no loyalty whatsoever fer our club, Its insulting in my eyes n certainly no reason to CALM DOWN MrT.
Old 24-10-2012, 18:21   #62
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Quickly scanned my way through this thread but didn't see this being addressed....

Is Liam going with him?
Wasn't it a condition of Cook's appointment that he accepted Leam as his assistant?

If so, I can't see Leam going to Chesterfield as well.

Now that Cook has made it clear that he wants to leave, whether he goes or not, the sooner Leam is back as manager, the better!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:22   #63

Dunno what to think on this one on one hand I,m thinking media rubbish and rumour mongering (cooky has always seemed committed to his roll when I have spoken to him) and then the other side is that it aint as rosy in the garden at Stanley as we are led to believe and there is still a load of crap going on in the background. Anyway I said at the time of JC &JB,s departure and even though I have respect for Cooky we should of stuck with Leam an give him a chance to prove himself.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:23   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Wasn't it a condition of Cook's appointment that he accepted Leam as his assistant?

If so, I can't see Leam going to Chesterfield as well.

Now that Cook has made it clear that he wants to leave, whether he goes or not, the sooner Leam is back as manager, the better!
My sentiments also.
Old 24-10-2012, 18:25   #65
Senior Member+

Mine too.

LEAM RICHARDSON........... NAAAAAAAAAA NA NA NA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:30   #66
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Cheers, any chance we can have Jack Lester too? If only to stop him scoring against us!

Is it all done at your end?

Cheeky Sod!

Gotta tip my hat to you all. Just been reading the thread and normally you'd get somebody saying that its just a sideways step or slagging the other club off, but its respectfull what you have said about us. Thankyou.

One thing though, somebody has stated that he'd be coming here and having money to spend............No. Not exactly true, yes we have a fairly decent budget but there would have to be some wheeling and dealing to be done to get the players that he wants.
Somebody has stated on our forum that they want him to bring your No7 with him aswell. Personally I think there should be clauses in the contract that the outgoing manager should stay clear of his old team as to protect them.

Gotta say that you have the single most best emoticoms I have seen on any message board!

This ones my favourite!
Metallilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:35   #67
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Ladies and Gents,

The Club CANNOT say anything as there is nothing to say OFFICIALLY.
So the news is banded around in the media before the club can have the balls to admit or confirm that an approach has been made????

Quote:
As Radio Lancs have said Chesterfield wish to talk to Paul Cook BUT until they agree to the terms and conditions wanted by ASFC, nothing more can be said..
Contradicting yourself there !!! If there's mileage in the story then surely Chesterfield have made an OFFICIAL approach for Cook??? If nothing can be said why come on here trying to appease folk with claptrap like this when the Radio is coming out with statements like "compensation deals being finalised"...So who's told Radio Lancs then??? Are they "speculating"????

A "professional" outfit would at least have the courtesy of keeping it's paying customers informed, by posting even the briefest of notes on it's own official website.

Quote:
Rest assured as soon as we have some FACTS, the information will be out for us all to read...
Why do I get the feeling that the words "undislosed deal" will be getting banded around somewhere in the near future

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:37   #68
Senior Member+

Well said Carpon.
Old 24-10-2012, 18:38   #69
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Quickly scanned my way through this thread but didn't see this being addressed....

Is Liam going with him?
more news....Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw
More news on Chesterfield situation. Tommy Wright and Mark Crossley will be kept on at Chesterfield, whoever comes in

Looks like we'll be keeping our assistants on whoever comes in, so you'd no need to worry.
Metallilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:43   #70
Super Moderator

Gents,

Trying to help.

On the basis that's going on here I'll turn off my PC and start on the thousand other jobs that are required to keep us running as a pro club.

Call down to the ground over the next couple of days and see exactly want does go on. Not tomorrow morning if you want to chat to me; I'll be a Fylde to ensure we get a fair and proper allocation for our FA Cup tie.

We cannot stop press speculation nor people enquring about a vacancy that may or may not exist!!

Wish I didn't bother at times
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:48   #71
Senior Member+

Heard on the way back on Radio Sheffield that ASFC were making an official announcement on the Fishy and that John Sheridan's numbers 2 and 3 would be staying under the new manager so if that's Paul Cook presumably Leam will not be going to Chesterfield.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:50   #72
God Member

the media is there to get the facts and relay them around in which ever way it sees fit, thats being done. Slagging off Rob Heys or anyone else for that matter is out of order - they've got better things to do at the moment that keep Accy Web up to speed - when there's summat to say maybe they'll say it? Robs only real crimes ever have been committed under amateur 'owners' when he has had both his hands and testicles tied as to which lies he can tell and which he cany deny - thats not his fault. His behaviour and work is pretty exemplorary considering what he has to work with so back off him.

As for Cook, sling yer hook
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:53   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the media is there to get the facts and relay them around in which ever way it sees fit, thats being done. Slagging off Rob Heys or anyone else for that matter is out of order - they've got better things to do at the moment that keep Accy Web up to speed - when there's summat to say maybe they'll say it? Robs only real crimes ever have been committed under amateur 'owners' when he has had both his hands and testicles tied as to which lies he can tell and which he cany deny - thats not his fault. His behaviour and work is pretty exemplorary considering what he has to work with so back off him.

As for Cook, sling yer hook
Macca, thanks for the post and as ever, it is a commonsense one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 18:59   #74

Don,t think anybody is getting at you Mr T just frustration with nowt being said ( and some do understand how these things have to work from a legal point of view)and the speculation from the media circus. At the end of the day it,s our beloved Stanley and the stanley family that is at the centre of the rumour mill again.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 19:21   #75
Senior Member+

ALL WE WANT IS THE TRUTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLE!!!!

Sick of this lying, behind close doors rubbish.

According to Dany the deal is almost done, at least we can rely on her.!!!

Hang your heads in shame people at the club. Yet again US the fans that pay YOUR wages are last to know. Pathetic.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..