Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2012, 20:35   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Paul Cook

I quote John............

"Dave O Neill is the right man to take Accy forward"

Now that is what I call 100% clueless.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2012, 20:36   #92
God Member

The two constants in all of this are the Club and Supporters, Managers,Staff, Directors and Playerrs will always come and go but the beating heart of the Club is the fans.

There are differing of opinions yes but no factions we all support the Club and we all want what is best for the Club in this case a swift conclusion we move on and as we always do look forward and get behind the team and whoever is in charge come Saturday against Bristol Rovers.

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:39   #93
Senior Member+

To be honest I think it's good for all sides, Cookys " attack is the best form of defence" tactics only works with the right personnel,and having tried 26 players suggests its not working.Indeed,over the last eight games,only the bottom two have a worse record.
I was for giving Leam the job in the first place,but hope he can choose his own personnel .
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:40   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I quote John............

"Dave O Neill is the right man to take Accy forward"

Now that is what I call 100% clueless.
So you expected him to say O neill is a bellend, the same Oneill who paid his wages?
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:44   #95
God Member

lol, i want a "like" button
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:50   #96
God Member

confirmed by Dany (from Cooks agent) as done deal, 2 1/2 year contract
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 20:55   #97
God Member

For the simple reason that I ain't seen a Stanley game since the early part of this year, I'm reluctant to comment on the team's fortunes; however, given the last months record would not logic suggest that no Div 2 team would currently be interested in poaching Mr Cook? Or am I just a knucklehead?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:00   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
For the simple reason that I ain't seen a Stanley game since the early part of this year, I'm reluctant to comment on the team's fortunes; however, given the last months record would not logic suggest that no Div 2 team would currently be interested in poaching Mr Cook? Or am I just a knucklehead?
Hes gone T its on Twitter "2 n Half" contract. says his agent. Just hope Leam gets a chance at the job.
Old 24-10-2012, 21:04   #99
Senior Member+

Paul Walker Radio Sheffield on Twitter 45 ms ago

Paul Cook to Chesterfield is very much on. Deal to be wrapped up tmrw according to my sources

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:08   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallilad View Post
Hello there everybody, Chesterfield supporter coming in peace.
The rumours are flying around here that Paul Cook is to be announced as our new manager tommorrow morning, has anybody heard anything at your end?
Got to say, when I saw you playing over here I was impressed by the way you played, although you lost it was one of the best performances this season by an away side Ive seen here and weve just lost to Fleetwood at that.
Well yeh were wrong its today n yeh got him, I think he will do very well fer yeh, But don't expect loyalty Whilst hes only been here 8 months, its only really been his own team fer 13 matches, when your better offer came along, good luck.
Old 24-10-2012, 21:21   #101

Top and bottom of it is that we will get the man most of us wanted in the first place (leam), hopefully a good bit of dosh in compo and enough time to turn things around and shoot up the table.

Not worrying about people who don't want to stick around.

Bollocks And Good riddance to cook.

Happy days.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:22   #102
Senior Member+

I feel we have been used and abused by cook, a way to get back into English football. Why has our form been so abysmal since the Chesterfield game. His record per se has been appalling and it certainly didn't look like getting any better, yet we are a club that support and our aspirations may not be to win the league but we do ask for loyalty and respect and I feel that this individual has not respected that.

Disgusted by him

COOK OFF
Old 24-10-2012, 21:25   #103

Paul Cook...His Stanley record...W8 D7 L18...34 goals for, 57 conceded

We aint lost much have we. Our Gain. Onwards and Upwards
Old 24-10-2012, 21:31   #104

Abusive language is, rightly so, outlawed from this forum so you will have to refer to my Facebook status to know what I really think of Paul Cook. I only hope he doesn't take Leam with him and I hope Leam is now given his chance. It runs the risk of being a long season but the club is bigger than any individual. I only hope that 8 games in to his reign at Chesterfield he gets sacked, finds himself without employment, and has his house re-possessed for failing to make the payments. After the Torquay match he said he was doing an interview out of respect to the supporters and moments later he canned it; Paul, you have no idea what respect is and I hope that Chesterfield show you none. Good riddance; your record says it all. Look how well Sligo did once you had left them.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 21:41   #105
Resting in Peace

We have been betrayed. What a pathetic coward of a man he has turned out to be. Don't know how he can sleep tonight.
On, Stanley, on!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..