Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 09:44   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Fylde match thread

Agree with all that's been said. On the field, the whole team seemed settled and knew what was required of them. None of the Cook histrionics were needed. The Fylde fans were great - very welcoming. Such a pity that a few idiots (not to be confused with Stanley fans, of course) without a brain cell between them had to misbehave. In view of comments on such matters a few weeks ago, hopefully action will be taken.

PS - Sorry to hear about your pie, yonmon. Mine was hot, covered with gravy of a perfect consistency, accompanied by tasty mushy peas and chips that were cooked to perfection.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2012, 09:54   #17
Senior Member+

Aparently one of them has already been banned from Ewood.

Hopefully now we also ban him.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05   #18

Well the 'morons' in question will certainly not be travelling with me/us again. Accys Finest. Put a downer on an awesome day.

The club are going to act apparently, whether they stick to their word is another question. Dont need people like that.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats good to hear ash, Stanley fans have a damn good name n are the best in my view,cretins like that only taint whats good.
Old 04-11-2012, 15:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Well the 'morons' in question will certainly not be travelling with me/us again. Accys Finest. Put a downer on an awesome day.

The club are going to act apparently, whether they stick to their word is another question. Dont need people like that.
Good call Ash and hopefully the club will act we don,t need idiots like that !!!!!!!!
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 15:38   #21
God Member

Great day out and fantastic result

As usual when we take a bigger than average away following a few who don't normally travel can't handle those beer. Just got to say well done to our own stewards who where planning on trying to drag him out from the middle of the crowd but took the advice that they would just antagonise things so will be having a chat with him the next home game
Old 04-11-2012, 16:33   #22
Super Moderator

All,

Need to gather the facts from the sad incident yesterday.

We will listen to your views and act in the correct manner.

Overall a great day out with a superb result.

Backed by a FANtastic travelling support. Dread to think what the gate would have been if Fylde would have drawn a Southern team. Doubt the receipts would have covered the costs.

The home "day trippers" were leaving at half time!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 16:34   #23
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post

Quote:
John_TimminsRe: Fylde match thread
Great day out and fantastic result

As usual when we take a bigger than average away following a few who don't normally travel can't handle those beer. Just got to say well done to our own stewards who where planning on trying to drag him out from the middle of the crowd but took the advice that they would just antagonise things so will be having a chat with him the next home game
Nows wheres that LIKE button Good on you Ash n john
Old 05-11-2012, 08:00   #24
Senior Member+

[quote=Revived Red;1026275]Agree with all that's been said. On the field, the whole team seemed settled and knew what was required of them. None of the Cook histrionics were needed. The Fylde fans were great - very welcoming. Such a pity that a few idiots (not to be confused with Stanley fans, of course) without a brain cell between them had to misbehave. In view of comments on such matters a few weeks ago, hopefully action will be taken.

PS - Sorry to hear about your pie, yonmon. Mine was hot, covered with gravy of a perfect consistency, accompanied by tasty mushy peas and chips that were cooked to perfection.
[/quote]

RR !!... Although I realize that this PS was probably added as a harmless jest, I find it of little consolation and have added it to other snippets of derision and advice received.
e.g. " You should not have gone straight to the Pie purveyor as soon as you got off the Bus !!...they (The Meat and Potato Pies that is, not the charming girls in the Kiosk !) would not have had chance to reach the desired temperature for consumption !"....or one wag even suggested that it could quite possibly have been some form of divine retribution for my straying from the straight and narrow during the past week !!.
Still RR...The fact that the Pie was not overpriced was of some consolation to me as I deposited the remnants in a bin by the Home Dugout !! , and I'm so awfully glad that you found such satisfaction from your snack !.
ps. Unlike one or two venerable users of our Forum, you were not there to witness my brush with 'The Chicken Balti' at the Kassam Stadium...( Just one more reason for hoping above hope that the Reds put one over on Oxford United in December !!)... so I shudder as I add an image of the offending offering....

What will tomorrow evening at Morecambe bring ??.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG0249.jpg (216.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by yonmon; 05-11-2012 at 08:05.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:59   #25
Senior Member+

the Steak and ale pie was in my top 5 all time best away pies!!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
the Steak and ale pie was in my top 5 all time best away pies!!!!!
And I spotted you devouring it Steve !!..... but life really does throw me a curve-ballor two where pre-match refreshments are concerned !!..
Glad you enjoyed yours though !!.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 15:46   #27
Senior Member+

Video highlights:
AFC Fylde vs. Accrington Stanley Video Highlights & Interviews (03rd Nov 12)
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 18:08   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Thanks for the link birthday boy - well almost

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 18:31   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers Mike twas a good day ta, hope yeh had one yerself yesterday.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..