Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 13:48   #1

New Manager

Might as well kick this one off……..

Who do we want as the next manager of our wonderful club ?

I am going to stick my neck out and say John Coleman and Jimmy Bell. They gave us 13 years of brilliant service and loyalty before finally being tempted to try their hand at a HIGHER level. Unlike the snake who slithered off to another club in the same division as us and Leam who appears to have gone to be Phil Neal to the snakes Graham Taylor.
DAV007 likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2013, 14:00   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: New Manager

No way Hose fer me, Never go back, Body language speaks volumes to me, n before they left, that said it all. They did a great job whilst here, but fer me had come to the end. Much prefer a new up n coming guy with stuff to prove.
Redraine likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:05   #3

Coley for me - tried and tested will keep us in the league
DAV007 likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 14:05   #4

No way do we want them back. Paul Stephenson for me!
StanleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 14:11   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Leam kept us in the league, on obviously much less wages than coley n jimmy, how would yeh suggest that would be funded Sam?
Old 30-04-2013, 14:14   #6

Same way we'll have to fund any other bloke?
DAV007 likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:14   #7
Member.

For me the big question is why? Why have we lost 3 Managers in such a short time, not one of them where sacked or pushed; ok maybe some where pushed, no one is saying so we won't get to know.

John and Jimmy for me; yes Coleys body language was significant prior to his departure; but again why? The Board; Money; Single personality clash, what!

Wages not paid. CCJ's. Managers diving overboard after pulling off one of the best survival efforts in ages. Something is very wrong somewhere.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 14:20   #8

I can understand where you are coming from Cashy with a young, hungry manager and I agree that it would be ideal.

Only problem is that we keep getting our fingers burned, when they get 12 months under their belt and think they're the new Sir Alex and sod off somewhere else.

We need a bit of stability and i don't reckon the dynamic duo would be as hasty to move on again, should the chance come.

It's hard enough having to start rebuilding the squad from scratch every summer, without having to do it with the manager too.

I have a feeling that Mr Beattie may be asked to step up, but who knows.....

The only loyalty in football these days is us fans.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:24   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aye but would they work fer far less money? Doubt it meself, Were as a young hungry type we could afford. thats my logic.
smobile likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:27   #10
Full Member+

I'm not one for bringing back past managers because in most instances it never seems to work, but, after saying that I doubt if we can have a hugh list of people to pick from on our budget. I just hope that whoever we get can keep most of the players, we don't want to start next season with another new squad.
I am also upset by the fact that we seem to becoming a copy of Blackburn Rovers with such a turnover in managers.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 14:33   #11

Talking Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
I'm not one for bringing back past managers because in most instances it never seems to work, but, after saying that I doubt if we can have a hugh list of people to pick from on our budget. I just hope that whoever we get can keep most of the players, we don't want to start next season with another new squad.
I am also upset by the fact that we seem to becoming a copy of Blackburn Rovers with such a turnover in managers.
Except we keep getting the compo, whereas them clowns keep paying it out.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:37   #12

Re: Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but would they work fer far less money? Doubt it meself, Were as a young hungry type we could afford. thats my logic.
I can understand that logic as far as players are concerned as in young therefore equals cheap however a young and hungry manager is early to mid 30's likely to have a wife and young kids to support.

For me our potential candidates are those who are inexperienced but have money from previous jobs i.e. ex-pro's or those of an age where the mortgage is paid off and the kids have left home.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:43   #13
Senior Member+

I suggested on the previous 2 occasions that we needed to go for someone young, hungry and looking to step up from cutting their teeth in the lower leagues. Garry Flitcroft and Matt Jenson would get my vote again.
cashman likes this.
Old 30-04-2013, 14:44   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco
we can have a hugh list
Ok, I'll go for Hugh Laurie.
Wynonie Harris, jaysay and yonmon like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 14:46   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

True Sam, but Leam took it fer a starting point n to be honest ive been well pleased wi job hes done, n i heard hes got a family, A club wi our meagre resources will probably always have to go fer that type of thing, same wi players, mainly frees n loans etc. Anyone doing ok here will always move on to better, its a fact n summat we should get used too. Good Vid from Rob on fishy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..