Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2013, 19:43   #46
Senior Member+

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Ideal time for clean slate what irks me the most is the chance of old brooms sweeping that clean slate, if so my presence won't be there.
Please expand
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2013, 20:04   #47

I would guess that Beattie will be given a chance if he fancies it
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:38   #48
Junior Member+

If Edgar Davids can get the Barnet Job I'm going For Maradonna as our next gaffer...
DAV007 likes this.
Clearviewsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:41   #49
God Member

Coleman and Bell in as soon as they can get here from Kirkby.

For me it's a no-brainer. They are available, have been involved with the squad (directly or indirectly) over the past few months and know our club better than anyone.

The other options as far as I'm concerned are as follows: Either get in an unproven young coach with little-to-no experience with good contacts or get a basement league journeyman who has been doing the rounds for years not achieving anything. The young coach would use us as a spring and leave after 12-18 months, the older head would find the infrastructure unworkable and probably see us relegated. This is where is backward steps lie in my opinion.

http://andrewomarafootball.blogspot....ccrington.html
SamF, DAV007 and smobile like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:42   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Call yourself a real fan?
Disgraceful comment
I don't know your definition of a real fan, but the reasons for my opinions on Coley and Jimmy, and very indirectly on Sean Mac, are roughly in line with those of countless Dale fans, and also their "new" manager incidentally. Smudgie is dead right to say this issue will split the Stanley fans right down the middle.
yerself likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:44   #51

Re: Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

For me it's a no-brainer. They are available, have been involved with the squad (directly or indirectly) over the past few months and know our club better than anyone.

The other options as far as I'm concerned are as follows: Either get in an unproven young coach with little-to-no experience with good contacts or get a basement league journeyman who has been doing the rounds for years not achieving anything. The young coach would use us as a spring and leave after 12-18 months, the older head would find the infrastructure unworkable and probably see us relegated. This is where is backward steps lie in my opinion.

http://andrewomarafootball.blogspot....ccrington.html
This.
Alvin the chipmunk and DAV007 like this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 20:45   #52
Senior Member+

JC & JB have tipped their hats into the ring, perhaps the chicken farmers will be the next?

FansNetwork/RochdaleAFC.com - Back in Acc? - Rochdale news
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:08   #53
Senior Member+

John and Jimmy leaving us was the end of a very long and succesful chapter in the "book of Accrington Stanley". Cooky and Leam have barely recorded a few lines between chapters. I am looking forward to another long read of the next chapter, whoever the manager will be. When reading a book I sometimes look back at previous chapters to remind me of the story line but then of course you have to pick up the story where you left off and continue reading.
When one door closes another door opens and it is time to look forward once again. Looking forward to reading the next chapter!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:09   #54

If I were Coley I wouldn't come back. He could win the Champions League by beating Barcelona 5-1 and the comments on here would read "having watched the updates on the red button as I was too busy painting the bathroom to go...I can't believe he let Messi get that consolation. COLEMAN OUT".

I also love how Coley delivered unparalleled success and is accused of "walking out". Whereas Leam took two years of wages as a crock....the club stuck by him during a horrendous run and yet it's a case of "bad move but I wish him well". If the face fits eh?

I'm quite willing to take a step backwards if that step involves the play-off campaign of 2011. Quite simply John and Jimmy set a standard that we have come nowhere near since he departed.

At least suggest a viable alternative.......
DAV007, smobile and McKayz like this.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:13   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Like i said every forums got its dumbos, Please highlight were people accused Coley of walking out, cos i can't remember any. Thats never been n issue as far as i'm aware, still if it suits yer bias Alvin.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:18   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
If I were Coley I wouldn't come back. He could win the Champions League by beating Barcelona 5-1 and the comments on here would read "having watched the updates on the red button as I was too busy painting the bathroom to go...I can't believe he let Messi get that consolation. COLEMAN OUT".

I also love how Coley delivered unparalleled success and is accused of "walking out". Whereas Leam took two years of wages as a crock....the club stuck by him during a horrendous run and yet it's a case of "bad move but I wish him well". If the face fits eh?

I'm quite willing to take a step backwards if that step involves the play-off campaign of 2011. Quite simply John and Jimmy set a standard that we have come nowhere near since he departed.

At least suggest a viable alternative.......
Alvin, I couldnt agree more.

Some of the regular posters on here are the biggest hypocrites I know.

The ignorance is this case is not bliss, its disgusting.

Some people should be ashamed of themselves.

John Coleman is the best thing to ever happen to Accrington since 1968, but a few old moaners will have you believe otherwise!

Last edited by DAV007; 30-04-2013 at 21:23.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:21   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

View From The Cow Shed: Leam Richardson leaves Accrington Stanley
100% with you on this Shakey.

there are a plethora of lower league managers who make a career out of getting sacked. That wouldn't happen with us, they'd stay in the job until we were relegated out of sight.

There are celebrity managers but these come with an entourage of cameo pals who all want paying. They invariably want things that we couldn't provide - such as paying

Young and hungry, hmm, where to start on dissing this one. Yes it can work but I'mo not sure I'd be willing to trust the future of the club to someone inexperienced. The Flitcroft/Jansen partnership is interesting though as that would throw up possibilities in aiding the rats deserting HMS Ewood - and that could help to sustain our future.

Coley and Bell. They had their faults undoubtedly but a majority of the gripe is that they deserted us for Rochdale. Sorry but they gave us 13 years and almost as many trophies, you can't seriously begrudge them a change of scenery? There are feck all guarantee's in hiring a manager (or indeed with providing a Fleetwoodesque playing budget and finishing bottom half six points above us) but at least we know what we'd get with these two;

We'd get two affable scousers who clearly have an affinity with the club and who fight tooth and nail for us. I'm adamant with the rest of you that the club has moved on behind the scenes since they left - but is that not because they had to, and that it would have happened anyway?

If Eric Whalley was still at the club I would suggest that this entire episode had been cooked up at the Christmas Party 2011.

"tell 'ee what fellas, we need some more brass, they're aint enough washers fer t'pay t'stewards"
"go hed lad, where wheeze gonna get some like"
"well, thee two can sod off and we'll get compo from them daft Manc Buggars, then we'll bring that Chef back from Dublin and get compo when he goes. Tha can puddit in t'contract that 'ee 'as to tek Leam wi'im an'all - then we get more compo. Give it a year or so get yersens booted and thi can come back"
"bloody hell la, I bet I can get Westley to give us anundred grand for Proccy as well, then he can come back as our present to the fans"
(Jimmy chips in) "I bet I can get R Sean to come b..."
Tom D, SamF and smobile like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:23   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Please expand
Please expand what?

Not that it matters anyway

As far as many are concerned coley&bell FC is the way to go...!

Lets bring back Gilbraith while we are at it

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 21:27   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats rubbish macca saying club moved on but would have happened anyway, We would have gone to the wall simple as, if Mr Khan had not stepped in. Yer memorys getting worse than mine n i'm n owd fart.
Old 30-04-2013, 21:28   #60

Re: Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

If Eric Whalley was still at the club I would suggest that this entire episode had been cooked up at the Christmas Party 2011.

"tell 'ee what fellas, we need some more brass, they're aint enough washers fer t'pay t'stewards"
"go hed lad, where wheeze gonna get some like"
"well, thee two can sod off and we'll get compo from them daft Manc Buggars, then we'll bring that Chef back from Dublin and get compo when he goes. Tha can puddit in t'contract that 'ee 'as to tek Leam wi'im an'all - then we get more compo. Give it a year or so get yersens booted and thi can come back"
"bloody hell la, I bet I can get Westley to give us anundred grand for Proccy as well, then he can come back as our present to the fans"
(Jimmy chips in) "I bet I can get R Sean to come b..."
Made me chuckle
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..