Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2013, 12:28   #181
Senior Member+

Re: New Manager

40 serious applications have been whittled down to 8 that are to be interviewed next week and I thought J. C. had already secured the position
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2013, 13:14   #182
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If the jobs done proper, Then it should be n interesting week.
Old 10-05-2013, 13:19   #183

Bet there's some interesting names amongst the '40 serious' applicants
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 14:54   #184
God Member

I think its time for some 'leaks' to be made to generate a bit of hype. I know full well that John Barnes is town on monday
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:01   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think its time for some 'leaks' to be made to generate a bit of hype. I know full well that John Barnes is town on monday
Fergie must be in the running otherwise he wouldn't have quit at Old Trafford
MikeA likes this.
Old 10-05-2013, 15:33   #186
God Member

I wonder if Paul Simpson has applied. He was last at Northwich Vics before taking up a youth development role in Portugal. If he wants a fresh crack at the Football League, this club could be ideal in his eyes.

I'd imagine Peter Jackson and his terrible suits have thrown their battered hat in the ring. Alan Knill will want paying more than we can afford. Paul Peschisolido will want another chance after losing control at Burton. Les Parry to make a shock return?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 15:45   #187
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I wonder if Paul Simpson has applied. He was last at Northwich Vics before taking up a youth development role in Portugal. If he wants a fresh crack at the Football League, this club could be ideal in his eyes.

I'd imagine Peter Jackson and his terrible suits have thrown their battered hat in the ring. Alan Knill will want paying more than we can afford. Paul Peschisolido will want another chance after losing control at Burton. Les Parry to make a shock return?
Macca distinctly said 'leaks' so you don't wonder or imagine, you actually saw them all in Accy Mc'ds waiting for interviews
Old 10-05-2013, 15:50   #188
God Member

I see... come to think of it that was definitely John Gregory ordering a donner pizza in Cuisine World last night.
lancsdave likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 16:45   #189

I really hope Beattie gets the job. His experience and passion for the club coupled with his connections i think he could do a good job with us.

as for Coleman , dont get me wrong i like the guy but i think he had taken us as far as he could, and Jimmy.. Well my whole opinion of him changed the minute he celebrated like hed won the lottery when rochdale scored against us. Im sure a few would agree with me on that point.
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 17:01   #190
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
I really hope Beattie gets the job. His experience and passion for the club coupled with his connections i think he could do a good job with us.
No thanks
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 17:04   #191

Why ? Give me one good reason
Old 10-05-2013, 17:06   #192

I like Beattie, but wonder if he has the experience as manager. I'd love him to stay in some way.
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 17:12   #193
God Member

seen leighton james on the train to accy yesterday
Old 10-05-2013, 17:14   #194

Leam had 0 Experience and that turned out ok.Plus hes a local lad and knows the club. hes worked under some great managers and most of all the players respect him and will work for him.
Old 10-05-2013, 17:40   #195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
Leam had 0 Experience and that turned out ok.Plus hes a local lad and knows the club. hes worked under some great managers and most of all the players respect him and will work for him.
And also hes not a Bully Boy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..