Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2013, 19:38   #16
Member.

Re: James Beattie is name as new Stanley boss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why should it be tears fer a great part Doug? Start off thinking negative is the worst thing yeh can do in my view, Having yer own business yeh should know that.

Yes Cashy; over five years of working seven day weeks, using every penny of my own money and a one way ticket to wasting health just to keep my head above water and hoping survive long to pay off my debts with dignity, very Stanley.

I don't want to sound negative Cashy; I just don't expect much more having gone through the last few seasons like we have. The positives are that we are here in league two for the new season, but with an inexperienced manager and little money. I just hoped that we would at least reinvest in a strong start. What, who and how I don't know.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2013, 19:48   #17
Senior Member+

Very interesting choice,made a highly proclaimed speech at the awards,locked the team in the dressing room for a hour and issued a load of bollockings after a defeat.Has the respect of the full squad.Where's all the squad.....still here not Chesterfield with the snake....is this what the squad have been waiting to hear.....Lets hope so!!!! GOOD LUCK JB FROM ALL TRUE ACCY FANS!!!!!!! SORRY JC AND JB good luck in the future.
Revived Red, ianray and Dazzagee like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 20:06   #18
God Member

Good Luck to James as the New Manager of Accrington Stanley

In my book a very good appointment, okay making the step up to Management is never easy but as a player who has played at the very top level he will have learnt a great deal, I am sure he will have good contacts in the game.

He had Already seen what the Club is about signing as a player so knows the lads, knows the people behind the scenes and knows how the Club has to operate.

Also as a good part of the Managers job is you have to become a figurehead for the Club with the Press & Fans from what I have seen, heard and spoken to him about we have that.

I am sure we have a lot to look forward to for the coming season and exciting times ahead.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 20:16   #19
Senior Member+

Feeling very optimistic, he's been around the game a long time, i,m sure he has picked up lots of info about players, coaches, managers and tactics. Sounds like he has a good attitude and I,m sure he wants to succeed, best of luck Mr. Beattie, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 21:24   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Used to watch a young Beats play fer Rovers youth, in the days when they used to play at ewood, used to model himself on Shearer wi his mannerisms etc, His commitment was second to none in a strong youth team. n from what ive been told, still has that same commitment since joining stanley. So while its a tough call in football management, i'm certainly very optimistic in this venture.
Wynonie Harris and Chubbyman like this.
Old 13-05-2013, 21:40   #21
God Member

One of those 'Stroke Of Genius' or 'What were you thinking of' appointments. Only time will tell. Good luck to him
football19 likes this.
Old 13-05-2013, 22:38   #22
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Fantastic appointment by the club,well done JB!!! Bring on next season
Old 13-05-2013, 23:29   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Fantastic appointment by the club,well done JB!!! Bring on next season
Seconded!
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 02:06   #24
Senior Member+

Really pleased the board have made the appointment so quickly, wishing James a long and successful future with the club,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 07:39   #25
Senior Member+

More on t'fishy: ASFC News Story > 5397

Good positive stuff. Delighted!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 07:58   #26
Senior Member+

Perhaps I'm a lone voice here, but I find myself a little underwhelmed by the appointment.

100 applications, 40 serious ones. I just wonder who else was being considered for the job?

Good luck to JB. I hope that he has much success in his new role.
Old 14-05-2013, 08:27   #27

I think it's a good appointment. Hopefully the rest of the squad will sign up quickly. Wish them all the best for next season.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 08:34   #28

Sounds like a good appointment, but will he be uprooting his family from the South and moving North?

No doubt Coley and Co will now turn their attentions to the Macc job having been denied the chance to return 'home'.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 08:42   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Sounds like a good appointment, but will he be uprooting his family from the South and moving North?
Have no idea, may have been already considering that fer various reasons. I don't know n doubt if you do? Aint that great fer a northern lad to live down yon, I soon moved back in 60s.
Old 14-05-2013, 08:47   #30

I must admit, that I did want John & Jimmy back, not for nostalgic reasons, but for stability. I had long since accepted the fact, that as far as players were concerned, the club was just a spring board for aspiring talent until a better offer came along. But throughout all this time, the management team remained a constant.

With the recent short tenures of Richardson and Cook, the last thing I felt the club needed was another young buck, thinking he’d proved himself after half a season, then sodding off as soon as a better offer came along. I hope I am not going to have to eat my words, but I have a feeling that Beattie will be different and will be a successful appointment for our club.

Now that the appointment has been made, I can see the other side of the argument and accept that this is a step in the right direction (forwards) and that safe is not always the best or most exciting option.

Congratulation to James Beattie on getting THE best job in football – As manager of our club, you will always have my 100% support.

Well done also to the club for making an early decision and giving James the best chance to hopefully keep most of the current squad together and plenty of time to recruit some quality players in. As others have also said, pleased we have not gone for a journeyman “big name” looking for one final payday.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..