Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2013, 13:13   #76

Re: The new squad

That's my hope too. Not sure if it's wishful thinking or not.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2013, 16:27   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
A good display by the team last night Webber looked impressive but what the squad is missing a Linganzi style confident power house in midfield

I agree, we lack some metal in central midfield.

I'm also not overly confident on having no experienced reserve keeper should Dunbavin get an injury. Maybe Beattie would utilise the loan system if that did happen?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 16:47   #78
God Member

I think it was always going to be Naismith OR Webber depending who wanted the most cash for being here. Webber's age means that we would unlikely get any sell on fee for him whereas Naismith we might. On the other hand it may also mean that we get to keep hold of him for the remainder of his career. If he's as good as his pedigree says then I'd take that.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 16:56   #79
Senior Member+

I would say we need a number 1 keeper Dav to be honest !!
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:00   #80
Senior Member+

Does nobody think its time to give young Dawber a chance to stake his claim for the number one jersey.Dunbavin is a great shot stopper but game after game I'm forever cringing as he anchors himself to the goal line,I'm sure the goal conceded tally would fall if he came off his line and challenged for more crosses!!Dunbavin is a great keeper but I wonder if a better one is sat on the bench!!!!!!
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:18   #81
God Member

over his last 79 games almost 1 in 3 games has produced a clean sheet ...
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:27   #82
Senior Member+

welcome young Windass
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:44   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I wonder if a better one is sat on the bench!!!!!!
On the evidence of his 45 minute cameo appearance in the Oxford game, absolutely not. He should be loaned out to get real match practice.
Redraine and DAV007 like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 18:12   #84
Senior Member+

Bit harsh Revived !, the oxford game was always going to be a damp squid,and I felt for young Dawber.My only moan at Bav is he loves to kick the ball (probably one of the best at the club!),were young Dawber always looks to throw it first.
How many times do you see Bav catch the ball and race to the edge of the area for a quick throw??
Chubbyman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 18:16   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

From my viewpoint thought dawber did ok at Nelson n Darren, would have liked to have seen him given 45 mins against one of the Div1 clubs.
football19 likes this.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:16   #86
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=Revived Red;1068217]On the evidence of his 45 minute cameo appearance in the Oxford game, absolutely not. He should be loaned out to get real match practice.[/QUOTE
I haven't seen much of him, but in the Man U cup game last season he didn't impress me. Got caught out by high balls, but maybe he's grown since then!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 18:19   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=Redraine;1068226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
On the evidence of his 45 minute cameo appearance in the Oxford game, absolutely not. He should be loaned out to get real match practice.[/QUOTE
I haven't seen much of him, but in the Man U cup game last season he didn't impress me. Got caught out by high balls, but maybe he's grown since then!
I was not over impressed at that game, but then Man U didn't play 11 dummies, Think the lads come on a bit since then.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:20   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
How many times do you see Bav catch the ball and race to the edge of the area for a quick throw??
Exactly! Drives me mad, especially when his big kicks are usually snaffled by a giant defender.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 18:25   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Exactly! Drives me mad, especially when his big kicks are usually snaffled by a giant defender.
Thats cos hes related to Anne Robinson.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:41   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football 19
was always going to be a damp squid
Is there any other kind of squid?
Tin Monkey and yonmon like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..