Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2013, 21:51   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The new squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Cashy it's not for you is it
Nah nige i was crap.
Old 27-07-2013, 01:46   #122
Full Member+

The reason I suggested a bit of intrigue as to the lack of a No 8 or No 11 is that you wouldn't normally reserve such a squad number for a loan signing???

Personally, I think we're still a good couple of signings away from a side that will worry the sides chasing automatic promotion, but I think we're assembling a side that is more likely will mount a challenge for a top 12 / play off spot than struggle at the wrong end

But I dare say, the fans of the other 23 teams in this league and all the critics have a different opinion.

The aim of Beattie, his backroom team and all the lads who pull on the shirt will be to prove them all wrong.......

I've got a growing feeling of confidence that they will !!!!
Chubbyman likes this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 23:01   #123
Senior Member+

What about Karlton Watson?Apparently he's signing ,what squad no. Surely not 8 or 11.Still fancy Naismith coming on a season loan deal!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 00:04   #124
God Member

Today what was so apparent was the lack of a midfield dominator of the ilk of Linganzi out of the players who have moved on this Summer he is the one we will miss the most.

A natural ball winner & the ability to spray the ball about from the middle of the park, there are players within the squad who I think could do a job but whether they could do it game in game out I am not sure?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 07:15   #125

question has to be were is dean winnard
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 07:22   #126
God Member

Didn't see the Barrow game (lucky me, by the sound of it) but the absence of a midfielder like Linganzi was also evident against Oldham. But then, Linganzi was a one-off. I'm no expert but, without someone who can win the ball off opponents (like Linganzi using guile or Proctor using arms and legs) Joyce doesn't always cut it. If given time and space, Joyce can do well, but, in League 2, the only space is on the terraces, not on the pitch. I hope the 'long ball' reference in Mr Beattie's post match interview is not an acknowledgement of the apparent lack of a midfield powerhouse.
cashman and football19 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 16:46   #127
Senior Member+

I didn't see the Barrow game due to a golf comp.but it sounded horrendous,I hope and think this is just a blip,it sounded like the pitch was terrible so that's not helpful to a team trying to play football along the ground.I can't see Beattie opting to play the long ball all the time as some quality football has been played by Stanley recently.Given time Watson could develop into a Linganzi type player,but have Stanley the time?As I keep harping on about there's still the loan market and surely Beattie has got some cards up his sleeve ,I think there are some pleasant surprises coming our way!!!!
cashman and Acky252 like this.
Old 28-07-2013, 17:45   #128
Senior Member+

Agreed with most of the above points.

Central midfielder and a number 1 keeper are the priorities I hope.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:45   #129
Senior Member+

Watsons a centre-back so I can't see him filling the Linganzi roll.He had horrendous injury problems in his late teens and hasn't broke any pots since.
IMHO toto was a better prospect,but that's history now,if the lad gets a chance.i hope he takes it.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:50   #130
Senior Member+

Agree Smudgie but its the lack of goals that concerns me,were are they coming from ??
Redraine likes this.
Old 28-07-2013, 17:56   #131
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Agree Smudgie but its the lack of goals that concerns me,were are they coming from ??
Indeed. I would be a lot happier if there was any mileage left in the situation with Naismith.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 18:07   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Agreed with most of the above points.

Central midfielder and a number 1 keeper are the priorities I hope.
Do the majority share my opinion that Dundavin is a great shot stopper,but not a First choice keeper?
cashman likes this.
Old 28-07-2013, 18:10   #133
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

So far theres only the Barrow match we aint scored n 3 of the friendlies have been against higher clubs?? Whilst aint perfect its better n yer thinking.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 28-07-2013, 19:00   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Do the majority share my opinion that Dundavin is a great shot stopper,but not a First choice keeper?
I have always held that opinion.
Old 28-07-2013, 19:05   #135
Senior Member+

What my worry is how many of the goal scorers will actually be in our first eleven?.
And who's our pre season top scorer--probably Murph !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..