Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 21:08   #91
Senior Member+

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Evidence?
his however many years of continual improvement against the odds.
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2013, 21:43   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Evidence?
Or are you just like the others with a personal vendetta, who hope they can throw enough mud to make it stick?
So your saying no other clubs players have ever feigned injury, dived or fell out with the opposition?
Do you watch football?
Have you spoken to Gary Jones about why he left?
Its clearly all the big bad wolf john colemans fault.
The fact they where already in the relegation zone when he took over doesn't matter, its all his fault.
But if the Rochdale forum says its true, it must be...

For the mess we are in right now, only John Coleman has the ability, drive and know how to save us.
Mud sticking........JC must be absolutely covered in Bull **** every time you're in range of him !!!
DAV007 likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 21:55   #93
bdc

It is no use for us as fans to be falling out amongst ourselves, JB is manager at the minute and we should stick together and give the team our support. We have had a period of 2 years of instability and cannot afford to keep losing managers through them leaving or being sacked. This just adds to an unstable working environment that doesn't help the players to become used to a manager and their tactics etc.

The basic reality is that we have no money, we are making massive losses and the club can ill afford to pay off Beattie. So unless anyone wants to stump up the cash to pay him off, we are stuck with him unless he walks away. We as fans have always given every manager a fair crack of the whip, so why are people calling for his head after 10 league games? It is far too early in the season to be sacking anybody and the squad is ravaged by injuries at the minute. That means that JB has struggled to put a team out that would be his first choice.

As a club we don't have any God given right to be guaranteed to stay in the division so if we do go down it would hardly be a shock. We have been punching above our weight in the league for 7 years but maybe our luck has run out. As supporters we just need to get behind the lads and support them when they are on the pitch.
cashman, Greeny and Chubbyman like this.
Old 06-10-2013, 22:18   #94
Senior Member+

It is no use for us as fans to be falling out amongst ourselves, JB is manager at the minute and we should stick together and give the team our support. We have had a period of 2 years of instability

I don't agree, if anything going from Cook to Leam continued the stability.
And Beattie was at the club as a player/coach last year, so again their was some stability
and cannot afford to keep losing managers through them leaving or being sacked.
We haven't sacked a manager?
Coley and Cook left for better opportunities, Leam left to be a number 2
This just adds to an unstable working environment that doesn't help the players to become used to a manager and their tactics etc.
Good players adapt to whoever the manager is. The problem we have, some of our players are not very good.
The basic reality is that we have no money, we are making massive losses and the club can ill afford to pay off Beattie.
This is true (sadly).
So unless anyone wants to stump up the cash to pay him off,
I can add £20 to the fund if it will help
we are stuck with him unless he walks away. We as fans have always given every manager a fair crack of the whip, so why are people calling for his head after 10 league games?
Because there has been little to nothing to suggest results will improve
It is far too early in the season to be sacking anybody and the squad is ravaged by injuries at the minute.
This is not true, and other Stanley manager's have had far worse injury list.
This is his team , his players.
He has signed players who have been injury crooks all their careers, so why the sudden surprise when they get injured?
No excuse
That means that JB has struggled to put a team out that would be his first choice.
Not true.
Every single player (except Murphy I think) where signed/re-signed in the summer.
Its his team, his signings.
As a club we don't have any God given right to be guaranteed to stay in the division so if we do go down it would hardly be a shock.
But we must do everything we can to sustain it, especially when you consider the financial cost for going down
We have been punching above our weight in the league for 7 years but maybe our luck has run out.
No such thing as luck - your either good enough or your not good enough
As supporters we just need to get behind the lads and support them when they are on the pitch.
Please point to one post which has said anything other than support the team?
But does that mean we are not allowed to debate the awful results and performances which have been served up on an independent forum?
Old 06-10-2013, 22:19   #95
Junior Member+

As someone has previously said - there is currently no vacancy, so most comments are pretty academic.

Tell you what DAV007 - you are seriously and uniquely deluded in your support for JC. In fact you must be connected in some way. Blind loyalty is a dangerous trait.

As I said, by all means give the bloke credit and never forget what he did for Accy, but don't ever think he is up to the current task or has any future at Accy.

It's "off to Hell in a handcart" if he ever held the reins at the Crown Ground again. Accy v Stockport County quicker than you could say what happened !

Wake up and stop hanging on to history. It's tomorrow's chip wrappers.
Old 06-10-2013, 22:22   #96
Senior Member+

Harrysmate
I refer you to my post number 89 on this thread,
Once again, you have come to the table empty handed.
Old 06-10-2013, 22:29   #97
God Member

Fed up of reading the same old crap from DAV007.........?

Then do what ive just done and add the dick head to your ignore list.........sorted!
Greeny likes this.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 06-10-2013, 22:32   #98
Junior Member+

Quote:
Harrysmate
Rather be empty-handed than empty-headed but that's your problem, not mine.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Old 06-10-2013, 22:33   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Harrysmate
Once again Davo you have come to the table empty headed,I refer you to your post 94,"We as fans have always given every manager a FAIR CRACK Of THE WHIP" I assume yeh mean like YOU gave Leam?
Greeny likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 22:45   #100
Senior Member+

Remember this image from the BBC website circa 2006 ?...

Have they ?... Will they have ?..... Who can instil this into the current squad ?.... When will we see it ?...

I remember painting this on the back of some wallpaper on our Lounge floor.

I wish I had the confidence NOW i had THEN.
yonmon likes this.
Old 06-10-2013, 22:46   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Once again Davo you have come to the table empty headed,I refer you to your post 94,"We as fans have always given every manager a FAIR CRACK Of THE WHIP" I assume yeh mean like YOU gave Leam?
I think I did to be honest,
before the results improved their was an increasing number of fans who where questioning him and wanting a change.
I though his run of results where awful and I still do.
Infact, so would any normal fan but unlike some fans I thought the answer was to remove him.

I got it wrong on Leam, but as previously stated Leam had a bit of a cushion to work from, Beattie has left us adrift.
Old 06-10-2013, 23:28   #102
bdc

Quote:
It is no use for us as fans to be falling out amongst ourselves, JB is manager at the minute and we should stick together and give the team our support. We have had a period of 2 years of instability

I don't agree, if anything going from Cook to Leam continued the stability.
And Beattie was at the club as a player/coach last year, so again their was some stability
Each manager has their own ideas and own tactics they want to implement when they are appointed. This usually means an overhaul of the playing squad each time a new manager is appointed, hence the instability it creates on and off the pitch. This also means it takes more time to see results on the pitch, doing this for the past 2 years hasn't helped. Under Paul Cook, we established a big playing squad and a number of these players were deemed not good enough for Leam who sent some of them out on loan, released some of them and then also added some of his own players. When Leam left JB signed a number of his own players and this meant another overhaul of the team. If we sack JB the same cycle will repeat and again will take time to manifest itself on the pitch.
and cannot afford to keep losing managers through them leaving or being sacked.
We haven't sacked a manager?
You have wanted the current and last manager sacked in the past 8 months
Coley and Cook left for better opportunities, Leam left to be a number 2
This just adds to an unstable working environment that doesn't help the players to become used to a manager and their tactics etc.
Good players adapt to whoever the manager is. The problem we have, some of our players are not very good.
We have a mixed bag of some decent players, some not so good and crocked players, Lets not forget the fact that losing all the time can have a massive detrimental effect on their confidence. This is a hard thing to get out of as shown last season.
The basic reality is that we have no money, we are making massive losses and the club can ill afford to pay off Beattie.
This is true (sadly).
We agree on something
So unless anyone wants to stump up the cash to pay him off,
I can add £20 to the fund if it will help
Send a cheque for about 50 grand and you may get your wish
we are stuck with him unless he walks away. We as fans have always given every manager a fair crack of the whip, so why are people calling for his head after 10 league games?
Because there has been little to nothing to suggest results will improve
It is ten games into the season, you were saying the same thing about Leam and he was given time to turn it around and that is what he did. There is nothing to suggest that it cant happen again.
It is far too early in the season to be sacking anybody and the squad is ravaged by injuries at the minute.
This is not true, and other Stanley manager's have had far worse injury list.
This is his team , his players.
He has signed players who have been injury crooks all their careers, so why the sudden surprise when they get injured?
No excuse
The only players who have been crocks are Hunt and Webber, when both fit they are very good players at this level. That is a risk that JB has taken and Webber hasn't worked out but Hunt is a very good player for us. Did Coley or Bell ever have to name themselves on the bench in the football league?
That means that JB has struggled to put a team out that would be his first choice.
Not true.
Every single player (except Murphy I think) where signed/re-signed in the summer.
Its his team, his signings.
It would be his team if he could get all the players he signed on the pitch and not being sat on a treatment table.
As a club we don't have any God given right to be guaranteed to stay in the division so if we do go down it would hardly be a shock.
But we must do everything we can to sustain it, especially when you consider the financial cost for going down
I'm sure everyone at the club is aware of it, especially Peter Marsden who is funding the club at a time when nobody else is willing to. Its not like the players are stood on the pitch every game trying to lose.
We have been punching above our weight in the league for 7 years but maybe our luck has run out.
No such thing as luck - your either good enough or your not good enough
Over a season I would agree but in certain matches you get some luck and in others you don't. Look at the York game away last season, we were played off the park for 90 mins and up pops Pete and we get a point that was the catalyst for staying up.
As supporters we just need to get behind the lads and support them when they are on the pitch.
Please point to one post which has said anything other than support the team?
But does that mean we are not allowed to debate the awful results and performances which have been served up on an independent forum?
I haven't said that the fans aren't backing the lads, just saying we need to do our bit when they are on the pitch.
See above
Old 07-10-2013, 07:01   #103

Well DAV007 ya have managed to stir up the nest again and I don,t understand what your agenda is !! back on post 48 I asked you where JC had said he was desperate to get back to Stanley your reply was post 56 "press quotes" so basically just some paper talk nothing actually from the mans mouth unless of course you know different ???? maybe you have access to the inner sanctum up at Stanley, you now seem to be turning your attention to Peter Marsden as well. I have no doubt that all your protestations are for the right reasons and you are right (and we have covered all this ground before) about JC and I don,t think any level headed Stanley fan would argue about what he did for the club but this is the way I see it
(1) both Peter Marsden and James Beatie have dipped their hands in their own pockets to keep this club out of the grasp of the tax man.
(2) If we where to get rid of James where is the money coming from to not only pay him off and also pay back and I quote the "10,s of thousands of pounds" we owe him for paying the tax bill???
(3) If JC is such an outstanding manager why has he not worked in football league management since being sacked by Rochdale ???
(4) If JC did come back I do believe he will still have the same player squad and apparently they aint up to it so how are things going to change ????
(5) So far this season we have at times played some reasonable football and to a certain extent have been unlucky and without a bit of luck in this game ya don,t get owt ......Fact.
(6) The lads are just as disappointed at the results as we the fans are and I that is FACT!!!
(7) FINALLY (because I,m getting bored) If yer man was to come back and Stanley still went down who would you blame then ..............maybe Buzzers grass is the wrong colour !!!!!!!!!! tongue in cheek statement there DAV ......LOL
Old 07-10-2013, 07:31   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Didnt Coley leave the profession because Stanley was taking up more and more of his time?

Dont let facts get in the way of a personal vendetta jaysay.
personal vendetta I don't give a stuff really
Old 07-10-2013, 07:48   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
(2) If we where to get rid of James where is the money coming from to not only pay him off and also pay back and I quote the "10,s of thousands of pounds" we owe him for paying the tax bill???
Bet he regrets that now after how poor Naismith is
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..