Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2013, 19:32   #16
God Member

Re: 21/12/13

I'll be the voice of discernment then ... it really irks me bringing out new strips in the middle of a season. Is it a 'clever' marketing ploy or can we just never get our act together in spring?
cashman likes this.
Old 16-12-2013, 19:45   #17
God Member

Strange one for me this, I agree with Rob about doing things mid-season

I presume this also heralds a New Home Strip?

If so I hope it will be priced to reflect the point that the Last New Home Strip was launched not too long ago?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 20:31   #18
Senior Member+

made up we are losing Samurai.
Did they go bust?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 21:01   #19
Senior Member+

Re: Re: 21/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Did they go bust?
Not bust but laid off alot of staff last year

They did have problems with their products though
lancsdave likes this.
Old 17-12-2013, 10:19   #20

I don't suppose we know the circumstances behind the change, but I did cringe when I saw a few people spending their hard earned on replica shirts in the shop on Saturday after I had been told the news.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 07:16   #21

All has been revealed

Stanley Seal Mitre Deal - Accrington Stanley FC
Old 19-12-2013, 08:24   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I don't suppose we know the circumstances behind the change, but I did cringe when I saw a few people spending their hard earned on replica shirts in the shop on Saturday after I had been told the news.
I can answer this now

From a retail point of view this was a rock and a hard place situation.

Read the wording of the press statement first, the primary issue here is a new kit supplier, it does not say radical new kit design. We may run a competition where you spot the difference apart from the manufacturers name . Yes there are some but nothing too drastic.

This has been very much a rushed through job by Mitre to get limited numbers of kit for us to sell before Christmas. There has been no weeks of notice that we would get it. Given the history of delivery times at Stanley, if we said we 'MAY' have delivery of kit before Christmas and you wanted a shirt for a Christmas present would you wait and see if they turn up or take the one in front of you ?

The lads in the shop were not officially supposed to say anything but they felt it was only fair to warn people. I am told that even though they did warn people shirts were still bought for reasons I have just stated

There have only been 2 sizes of shirts left for a few weeks and no childrens shirts for a while. Due to lead times, we had no chance of getting them in time off the previous supplier so in that respect this is great timing, and we can now go some way to satisfy the demand we have had for childrens shirts, the fact children want a Stanley shirt for Christmas and could have ended up with a lesser known Premier or Championship shirt has to be a plus point for the club.

If anybody feels aggrieved at their recent purchase we will deal with it accordingly, there will be no blanket policy.
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 19-12-2013, 09:53   #23
God Member

I think that Dave has put the facts across well. As Dave says, if anybody has a grievance, please P.M. me and together with Dave, we shall address it

Just remember, there will be some collectors’ items out there in a few years

DAV007 likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 10:20   #24

Thanks for the insight Dave & Joe - Looks like we will finally have a decent supplier as well as visible & proactive outlets.

Great Stuff.
Old 19-12-2013, 20:11   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Did they go bust?
Relocated to Southport........perhaps?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 22:18   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Did they go bust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Relocated to Southport........perhaps?
Chubbyman, I think your obsession with DAV007 is marginally more worrying than DAV007's obsession with JC - which he does seem to be overcoming to some extent now
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 20-12-2013, 01:42   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Chubbyman, I think your obsession with DAV007 is marginally more worrying than DAV007's obsession with JC - which he does seem to be overcoming to some extent now
Nothing sinister I've heard DAV007 is female 27 ,and has looks and a body to die for!!On the other hand Cashman reckons it's a bloke !!Time will tell.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..