Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 20:30   #46
Senior Member+

Re: James Beattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
so the ammount of games you go to equates to how much of a fan you are?

there is no point in trying to defend what you have said, Im dissapointed.
I'm not trying to defend what I have said, I stand by it 100%,but you criticise anyone that dare question your adoration for JC & JB.... I respect what they achieved for Accy on the pitch it's other happenings that I find I would rather they were not at this club.....You question me as a fan but I strive to get too every single game whether it be a friendly,league, cup or whatever.Most Saturdays I play golf for 4 hours and I still got to the Cheltenham game did you? I'll be at Oxford Tuesday evening will you?No transport...i'll give you a free lift,so get off your ass and support the team properly instead of bitching away on the Accy Web.
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2014, 20:33   #47
Senior Member+

stop avoiding what you said.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 21:00   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I'm not trying to defend what I have said, I stand by it 100%,but you criticise anyone that dare question your adoration for JC & JB.... I respect what they achieved for Accy on the pitch it's other happenings that I find I would rather they were not at this club.....You question me as a fan but I strive to get too every single game whether it be a friendly,league, cup or whatever.Most Saturdays I play golf for 4 hours and I still got to the Cheltenham game did you? I'll be at Oxford Tuesday evening will you?No transport...i'll give you a free lift,so get off your ass and support the team properly instead of bitching away on the Accy Web.
Quote:
stop avoiding what you said.
I do wish you two would stop blocking up every thread with your pointless bickering.
sparkie, Doug, ossy kid and 5 others like this.
Old 12-09-2014, 21:11   #49
Member.

I wasn't a great admirer at the outset but I've warmed to Bettie over the months; like any manager at the Mighty Stanley they come, most do good things and then they go. I am sorry it didn't work out for James and I hope whatever he does it brings him good things. This is the guy that put his hand in his own pocket to bail the club out and I hope he got his money back before whatever it is happened.

For the future I just hope whoever does come in can hack it in a world where the money doesn't pour from golden goblets.

If JC came back I wouldn't be displeased; but at the same time going back seldom works out for the best, but let's honour those that have got us where we are instead of digging up the normal crock of ****e.

Names and wish list get bounded about but any one serious about coming to manage Stanley is surely running against the wind. Let's just hope theirs a bloke out there that can take us forward and keep moving us forward.
yonmon, nige b and choirboy like this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 12-09-2014, 21:14   #50
God Member

Quote:
we have once again seen the real chubbyman

what kind of a fan stops supporting the team if the manager is not their choice.

disgraceful
Three words - pot, kettle, black!
sparkie, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Old 12-09-2014, 21:26   #51
God Member

Still in shock but Luke Joyce's statement on fishy site says it all - whatever's gone on behind the scenes, everyone needs to pull together now more than ever.
3 points tomorrow is vital in more ways than one
Doug, cashman, Revived Red and 2 others like this.
Old 12-09-2014, 21:33   #52
Senior Member+

A certain someone has been in touch to say he or she has heard the player out movements this week where not fully endorsed by Beattie.
Did it have any bearing on him leaving?

If Beattie shows up as Blackpool manager in the near future, can Stanley get any compo?
Old 12-09-2014, 21:33   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Still in shock but Luke Joyce's statement on fishy site says it all - whatever's gone on behind the scenes, everyone needs to pull together now more than ever.
3 points tomorrow is vital in more ways than one
Totally agree with you ACCYMAD.....
all the more reason to shout louder, sing louder and get even more behind the team on the field tomorrow....
Deffo the best remedy in a situation like this is to go out and get those THREE POINTS.......(as usual against all the odds!)
ON STANLEY ON
Old 12-09-2014, 21:35   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
A certain someone has been in touch to say he or she has heard the player out movements this week where not fully endorsed by Beattie.

If Beattie shows up as Blackpool manager in the near future, can Stanley get any compo?

DAV you are such a schemer!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have an accident will you be my lawyer?
DAV007 likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 21:40   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:

Leeds? We outplayed them for large periods of the game.......maybe they were impressed .
Old 12-09-2014, 21:45   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How the hell can Stanley get compo? Club says mutual agreement. unless that means summat different to davo.
Old 12-09-2014, 23:56   #57

We've gone backwards since. Shaker is right..that's the key. Coleman is God.
Old 12-09-2014, 23:57   #58
Senior Member+

Don't want disruption at the club but something has obviously happened and totally shocked me this evening however WE ARE STANLEY and whatever we will come through it 2-0 tomorrow cos the lads have pride in their shirts and sod the manager WE ARE ACCRINGTON STANLEY!
Old 13-09-2014, 00:04   #59
pud

I hope it all works out and you get a manager in that will help you stay up and move up the table.
When I heard he had gone my first thought was he's on his way to Blackpool. Only time will tell.

Maybe a left field possibility for you what about Brett Ormerod?
Old 13-09-2014, 01:32   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Could well have been the straw that broke the camel's back. It was always going to happen sooner or later - sooner better than later to re-appoint and re-group.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..