Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2014, 08:26   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
People cannot surely believe he makes a good figurehead,his loud foul mouth was the main reason for parting with Southport,who wanted to become a family orientated club.
No it was not.

Please go on port chat and find out how mythical the Southport chairman s comments where.

People have no idea of what went on at Southport and the traditional childish reaction of the Southport chairman when he doesn't get his own way.

Last edited by DAV007; 16-09-2014 at 08:29.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2014, 08:36   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No it was not.

Please go on port chat and find out how mythical the Southport chairman s comments where.

People have no idea of what went on at Southport and the traditional childish reaction of the Southport chairman when he doesn't get his own way.
His win percentage ratio wasn't that good DAV....off the top of my head about 24%
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 08:43   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What hes done or not done is irrelevant, its what he is.
Old 16-09-2014, 09:07   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Beattie was building a good team in my opinion with great spirit and Paul Stevo is carrying it on,the whole squad are buzzing and they're trying to play exciting football ,they just need a bit more time to develop.......but alas it's about to be all undone by a manager who never tried to improve the pitch whilst at Stanley and once slumped into a chair in Mr Whalleys office 30 mins or so before kickoff and when asked what the pitch was like said he didn't know .....God help Stanley for what we are about to receive !!!
It'll be like letting a fox loose in the hen house!
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 10:31   #80

Quote:
People cannot surely believe he makes a good figurehead,his loud foul mouth was the main reason for parting with Southport,who wanted to become a family orientated club.
Point 2 is that bettering themselves ? Or BETTING on themselves?
I forgot to mention the guy offered out one of our fellow Dale fan's during away match at Torquay United in Aug 2012, I really hope you all end up with Flickers from Chorley or someone, It'd be a bad move bringing him back like others have said on here a step backwards
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 17:25   #81
Full Member+

Wish the club would keep us in the picture , after all without fans there would be no club.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 17:29   #82
Junior Member+

Latest word here is that its all over bar the official announcement, so best of luck with that. It leaves us looking for another new manager but at least our season is nearly over.

And good luck against Oxford tonight - things never look too bad if you're winning.
cashman likes this.
sligostanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 17:34   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Wish the club would keep us in the picture , after all without fans there would be no club.
Was that not the idea of a fans Director?
Old 16-09-2014, 17:46   #84

Im a lifelong Sligo fan and to be honest I am glad to see the back of JC & JB if they are on the way. I think alot of rovers fans would feel that way . Although they did give us a win in europe , our league form has been poor .Our playing style has gone backwards and very direct. He plays a big centre half up front and hopes for the best , makes poor substitutions and odd team selections . In their defence they did take over mid season in a league they don't know , with limited budget and an injury crisis.
Hope it works out for ye.
Shea Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 18:19   #85
Member.

We support Accrington Stanley, not a player, manager or board member. We've been through some ridiculous ****e over the years but we have always continued to support the TEAM as a whole; there are thousands of facets that go in to making that Team called Accrington Stanley and we are all part of it irrespective of where we are in the world; rich or poor. The only thing we have in common is the club. It doesn't matter if it's Coleman or Dunn, all that matters is 3 points tonight and every week after. We don't have a choice in who the manager is, same as we don't have a choice but to back the Team all the way.

I note that little has changed on here.
KiTChener, SamF, Chimer and 4 others like this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 19:15   #86
God Member

Not happy its all going backwards again, Ive seen us play proper footy on deck stuff post C&B and thats what i go to watch, I'm thankful I've got a very busy uni year ahead no time for 90 mins of grr cos I'm fed up with it. I can't see Nicky Hunt putting up with the scouse hairdryer treatment.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 19:25   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post

The club only deal with fact, which is when anything becomes official.
SamF likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 19:32   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The club only deal with fact, which is when anything becomes official.
Oh how strange, i thought our board dealt in bullshine.
smobile likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 21:16   #89
Junior Member+

I've been following Stanley for about 9 years now (since the start of the conference promotion season) and I've never been impressed with JC's style of play nor his touchline attitude so if he was appointed I would be disappointed. Yes, he did work wonders with a miniscule budget and get us into the football league. Yes, he did bring some gems to the club but the question is, what would the fans rather have? A manager who berates an official at every opportunity and plays hoof ball which is the wrong style for the some of the players he unearths and then wonders why the team don't get results. Or, would we prefer a manager who makes it clear that keeping on the deck is key taking into account the height of the team and doesn't blame an official at every opportunity? (although, at times I'll admit, we get some shocking officials) My money would be on JC coming back but I feel that giving an opportunity to someone else instead of bowing down to nostalgia would be the right way forward. However, time will tell and whatever happens I just hope that spirit of the squad is not affected.
dantoro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 21:47   #90
God Member

More than happy for people to disagree with the Coleman appointment for whatever personal reason but I've had enough of this nonsense about his Stanley teams playing hoofball. We played the best on the deck game in the league in our play off season, scoring bucket loads the year previous with Grant and Symes. Both on a pitch that was more in line with the imagery of a Seamus Heaney poem than a Football League surface.
baldy, maccawozzagod, SamF and 1 others like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..