Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2014, 10:01   #106
God Member

Re: Stanley's next manager?

No, no, I don't like it, Smobile!!!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2014, 10:04   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I've heard it's Steve Evans with Westley as Number 2
I did say who the club could afford, I don't think Rotherham would let him go for 2 mars bars & a snicker
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 11:18   #108
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

For what we are about to recieve may we be truely thankfull
smobile likes this.
Old 17-09-2014, 11:24   #109
Full Member+

Check out the BBC football page for us. Done and dusted it would appear.
DAV007 likes this.
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 12:18   #110

Accrington Stanley set to re-appoint former management duo Coleman and Bell (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 12:53   #111

Well DAV007 your prayers may well be about to be answered with with the return of the double act, after reading this thread if ya where thinking of sorting a welcome home party for em I would suggest somewhere small and intimate....To me this appointment would be a backward step as when they where here last any vacancy that came up JC and JB were linked with it and eventually the inevitable happened and they went to pastures new and FAILED,even looking through your watery eyes and those rose tinted glasses you wear I (personal opinion) cannot see how bringing em back is good for the club we have moved on..
to be honest I do admire your forthright approach towards anybody who is not in (your opinion) your camp but I feel to be accusing a man who only missed TWO away games last season of not being a true fan is beyond the pale.
anyway each to their own this is a public message board and everybody will have an opinion (their own)
I really hope if the dynamic duo return I hope it works out for you and you can say I told you so because if it dont I would be buying a tin hat an keeping my head down ......lol
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 13:00   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Isnt it amazing what you can do with facts.

Coleman is the right man for the job.
Why has he suddenly become Honest?
Old 17-09-2014, 13:14   #113
Resting in Peace

The last time this re-appointment situation was mooted I posted on here that I would approach the Crown ground without the normal spring in my step if it came to pass. I was accused by Davoo7 of almost treason, but I still feel the same way and wish this was not going to happen.
Chubbyman likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 13:20   #114
Member.

Nice Stanley convert.

I've been away for a while; can someone tell me when these things hit the fishy site. Will it be the old "Next Week" or do we pretend it's not important enough to matter.

I can't hide the fact that I'm not displeased that the duo are coming back. I only hope that we can look on it as a new page and give them time to mould the lads into a table climbing team before the New Year. It shouldn't be about old fears and opinions of what as gone before; but what we want them to achieve on our behalf now they are back; hopefully this will be a successful forward thinking club that can punch above its weight and budget. I also hope that they get amongst the fans and make us a wholly inclusive Team.
KiTChener likes this.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 13:43   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I've been away for a while; can someone tell me when these things hit the fishy site. Will it be the old "Next Week" or do we pretend it's not important enough to matter.
Can only hit the fishy site when there is something to be announced that is fact and not rumour
Old 17-09-2014, 14:03   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
With no inside info at all my money is on Coley getting the job. We have no one at the club with any idea about the game, so who is going to decide on a total stranger being given the reins. Think about the past appointments Coley was appointed by Eric (who else on here would have done that) and what followed was a successful but sometimes bumpy ride. Then we start what is an accy trait Paul Cook ex player easy appointment. Liam another that didn't tax anyone's imagination. From behind the 8 ball we appointed JB this as not worked. So we now go back to our comfort blanket and ask Coley. Good, Bad or indifferent we could and have done worse.
Looks like I am off to collect my money, It really was a no brainer, confirmed by Coley attending last Sat game. Ah well it could be worse, just get us up the League John and people will forget the odd fault.
DAV007 likes this.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 14:10   #117
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

And what will become of paul stevenson and the rest of the backroom staff will they be kept on in coleys new world ???
Old 17-09-2014, 14:15   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I was told the terrible twins attending last sats game, was booked weeks prior? also they left right away after the game? so that dont confirm owt, but i still think yeh won yer bet Long Time Red.
Old 17-09-2014, 14:23   #119
God Member

Whilst I don't agree with much of Davo's revisionist assessment of the abilities and charms of Professor Coleman and Ding Dong, I admire his dogged advocacy of the Scouse Two.
But, at the end of the day, it's the board's decision and it's to them, and not people on here, that gruntled fans should direct any ire, if such is warranted at the end of the season.
What worries me is that, from what we seem to know, Beattie left on Friday and JC and JB rocked up on Saturday. Over the weekend, I read some press reports (I know, I know but they have a job to do) of there being 100 candidates. But within less than 5 days, a deal appears to be done. But hey, ho, they know with what and whom they deal; I just hope it's not Stanley that have been done.
I will listen, with interest, to the accent of the Professor's first signing for the club.
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 14:36   #120
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well of 100 applicants or so,probably 30/40% of em will no doubt be rubbish, its insulting i think to the serious uns, if a deal has already been done, it aint the proper way to do things imho.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..