Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2014, 17:53   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: John Coleman and Jimmy Bell return to Stanley - Officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

Coley's right, there seems to be little passion around the place anymore - perhaps it was overcome by logic?
Or perhaps fer various reasons people stopped attending.
Old 19-09-2014, 20:24   #32
Senior Member+

Some great comments coming in the posts guys.
I have just watched Coley's interview on the 'Fishy' site and I really liked what I was hearing........
Honest, realistic but above all else...PASSIONATE!!!!

Let's all look forward with relish to some passion returning to Stanley.
Come on all ULTRAS ........get behind Coley, Jimmy and the team....
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 21:05   #33
Senior Member+

Good luck to John, Jimmy and the team tomorrow....

3 points will be a great start....
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 11:43   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Some great comments coming in the posts guys.
I have just watched Coley's interview on the 'Fishy' site and I really liked what I was hearing........
Honest, realistic but above all else...PASSIONATE!!!!

Let's all look forward with relish to some passion returning to Stanley.
Come on all ULTRAS ........get behind Coley, Jimmy and the team....
ON STANLEY ON
Agree Choirboy, great interview and he had a look of hunger about him
choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 12:35   #35
God Member

I can't believe this. What are they trying to say about our new manager and his assistant.

boards.ie - View Single Post - Sligo Rovers

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 12:40   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
he had a look of hunger about him
No Hollands pies in Sligo?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 00:01   #37
Senior Member+

And another promotion eh?

All Hail the King
DAV007 and choirboy like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:01   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Go back to your dump town near Manchester,
Super John Coleman will be taking us up to league 1 while you scallies will be heading back to the conference.

Stanley we back!

DAV007 believed
baldy, Willie Miller and choirboy like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:25   #39

If people listened to forums we’d be at home to Nelson this weekend with Beattie as chairman and James Gray as captain. 😂

Four promotions
Beating Burnley and Preston
Copious trophies
Third tier football
First ever FL promotion
Record post reformation gates
From looking up to Morecambe to one league below Blackburn
From Osset and Flixton to Sunderland and Ipswich

AccyWeb: “Useless and lucky.” 😂
Old 04-01-2020, 13:15   #40
Senior Member+

I just don't understand why you lot think it's a good idea to try and start a civil war between different groups of Stanley supporters. It's been years since anyone on here criticised JC over anything other than day-to-day selection or substitutions, and everyone is fully aware of his record which will almost certainly never be equalled. I accept there are a couple of people around for whom some particular players can do nothing right, which should be an absolute no-no, but they are regularly shouted down, and a forum is surely about opinions, no?

If criticising a manager is not allowed, try looking back to some of your own posts from the interregnum ….

As for "useless and lucky", give me strength …… or quote a post.

Any chance of peace breaking out for the new decade, seeing as the club is in its best shape for 60 years?
Old 04-01-2020, 13:32   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I just don't understand why you lot think it's a good idea to try and start a civil war between different groups of Stanley supporters. It's been years since anyone on here criticised JC over anything other than day-to-day selection or substitutions, and everyone is fully aware of his record which will almost certainly never be equalled. I accept there are a couple of people around for whom some particular players can do nothing right, which should be an absolute no-no, but they are regularly shouted down, and a forum is surely about opinions, no?

If criticising a manager is not allowed, try looking back to some of your own posts from the interregnum ….

Any chance of peace breaking out for the new decade, seeing as the club is in its best shape for 60 years?
quite correct certain managers were critisised by many who critisise people for calling the present duo, myself i call that arse kissing,
Old 04-01-2020, 16:47   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
quite correct certain managers were critisised by many who critisise people for calling the present duo, myself i call that arse kissing,

Paul Cook was criticised for being a) crap and b) a snake. He was both, undeniably, and had never done anything to earn our respect
James Beattie was criticised for being crap, he was, and had never done anything to earn our respect.
Leam Richardson was 'alright' and never got criticised because he was thrown into a job he didnt want and did the best he could

Coleman on the hand, has his flaws but is the only manager in around 40 years that has won silverware. And lots of it. He gets the club. Lives and breathes the club. Loves the club. If kissing arse is paying respect to the person that put this club back in the limelight then i for one will blow raspberries into it. ##stickytongueemojiithingy##
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 17:06   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

then theres people who talk through there arses as well. i give em respect as anyone who stands with me will verify, also if i see summat i dont agree with i say so, its called telling the truth.
Old 04-01-2020, 17:09   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

Bit melodramatic, it’s just words on the internet.

Just drives me, and obviously quite a lot of old school Accyweb users who never post now, how the forum DOESNT reflect the current vibe around the ground.

We’ve never had it so good, yet there’s an undercurrent, in my opinion, that like the drama of a crisis/bad run

Anyway, I’ll leave ya all to it. Barrow 7 (seven) ??? Messiah better not relegate is now.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 20:49   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
Paul Cook was criticised for being a) crap and b) a snake. He was both, undeniably, and had never done anything to earn our respect
James Beattie was criticised for being crap, he was, and had never done anything to earn our respect.
Leam Richardson was 'alright' and never got criticised because he was thrown into a job he didnt want and did the best he could

Coleman on the hand, has his flaws but is the only manager in around 40 years that has won silverware. And lots of it. He gets the club. Lives and breathes the club. Loves the club. If kissing arse is paying respect to the person that put this club back in the limelight then i for one will blow raspberries into it. ##stickytongueemojiithingy##

Incorrect
No one questioned Paul Cooks ability as a manager, he did well and has done very well to end up with the Wigan job.
Not everyone agreed with calling him a snake, a few real fans like DAV007 argued he made the right move for his career and families finances to move on from Stanley when he had the chance.

He is struggling at Wigan this season, they have the lowest chances created which is very poor for Paul Cook as his team's were known for creating opportunities but maybe he has accepted his squad at Wigan isn't good enough for the championship and he has to try and nick points where possible.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..