Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2014, 14:10   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: exeter game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Agree to disagree there. I saw his feet over the line by a good foot but his arms remained outstretched in front of him.

Prime position of Lino abuse I take it
What we saw was his feet behind the line, also his arms wi the ball, which he then shoved forward quickly simple as.
Old 29-11-2014, 15:24   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Ooh you are awful! Anyway, don't you know that a Big Muff is nothing more than a foot pedal used for special sound effects by lead guitarists?
There is far too much of these sad attempts at subtle irony going on on this Forum !.First of all Chubbyman slips a cheeky one in , and then that ace of punsters Retired, sorry Revived Red !, flexes his not unconsiderable wit, and now a lamentable effort from the well-revered Redraine !.
Where will it all end ? I ask myself , before our eagle- eyed Moderator ( No mean user of cheerful banter himself I am told !) brings an end to our Jollification !.

So , if you'll pardon the slightly vague Homonym....Amuff is Amuff !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 09:20   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Amazing that you haven't got a grasp of the laws then yet isn't it?

As the majority of the Clayton End shouted for a goal, and 30 years ago you might have had 8 or 10 people stand there (as most would be enjoying the new roof on the main stand), mainly kids, they are pretty new to me.
Quote:
The 'keepers feet were well over the line, the ball no where near but I suppose feet over the line means goal to new fans?

Not the worst defeat, a couple of excellent goals to polish us off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What we saw was his feet behind the line, also his arms wi the ball, which he then shoved forward quickly simple as.
After considering yer insult fer a couple of days, that i aint got a grasp of the laws yet, I have come to the conclusion, perhaps yer a bit too slow to see what actually occurred?
Old 30-11-2014, 13:47   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
After considering yer insult fer a couple of days, that i aint got a grasp of the laws yet, I have come to the conclusion, perhaps yer a bit too slow to see what actually occurred?
I fully agree with Cashman. The keeper caught the ball and held it tightly to his chest as he stepped back over the line and then, realising that he was over the line, he thrust his arms forward so that the ball was 'back in the field of play'.....Clearly the ball was over the line and it should have been given as a goal! The assistant referee was several yards up the touchline while this was going on!

ps Chewbacca.....I must be a "new fan" like Cashman as I have only been watching Stanley since the mid 1950's so you probably think that I am unfamiliar with the rules of the game too!
yonmon likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 30-11-2014 at 13:50.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 18:34   #110
Senior Member+

The goals, all of 'em excellent:
Accrington Stanley 2 Exeter City 3: Match highlights | Exeter Express and Echo
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2014, 19:24   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Thanks Mike !....Great Goals.,poor result though ?.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..