Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2015, 19:55   #16
God Member

Re: David Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Get him on board.
Totally agree we as a club including fans should do all we can to get David on board for next season make him feel welcome he could work wonders for Stanley not just on the pitch but off it as well come on Dunny you know you want to.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2015, 11:06   #17
Resting in Peace

I well remember David's home debut for Rovers at about 18 years old. It was obvious that he had tremendous talent, crunching into tackles with bigger, older players without fear, spraying passes long and short, and covering every blade of grass like a turbo-charged Luke Joyce, and having great skill on the ball. I know time and injuries has taken its toll over the years but I think he would be a great addition to our squad to have him, if only for his potential to change a game in our favour for the last 30 minutes or so if we need a goal or two. I would really like it to happen!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 19:02   #18
Full Member+

Bring him on !!!!!
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 20:09   #19
God Member

Great news on the Fishy site that Professor Coleman is also keen to bring in Mr.Dunn. Let's hope he can secure his services, he'll provide a lot of experience and inspiration to the benefit of the younger players.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:00   #20
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: David Dunn

Get David signed on Coley!
Talking to some Rovers fans and they love him and said they would come on to Stanley to watch him!
Thus swelling our gates a bit and possibly getting some 'converts' to the Stanley cause.
ON STANLEY ON with DUNNY driving the bus!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:27   #21

Would be a good signing for you guys, despite his recent injury problems.

'Older' players can work or otherwise. It all depends on their attitude but by the sounds of it he's not after a 'final' huge pay deal.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:28   #22
Junior Member+

I'm a Rovers season ticket holder, have been for a number of years. David Dunn is still, in my opinion, technically our best player, he's just lost his pace and a shame he has had a lot of injuries.
If you keep him fit he will be head and shoulders above any other player in League 2.
stjosephsfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 13:23   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Get David signed on Coley!
Talking to some Rovers fans and they love him and said they would come on to Stanley to watch him!
Thus swelling our gates a bit and possibly getting some 'converts' to the Stanley cause.
ON STANLEY ON with DUNNY driving the bus!
The trouble is that Stanley play on the same Saturday as the Rovers so unless that changes I can't see many Rovers fans coming to watch Stanley.
cjrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 21:58   #24
Full Member+

Watch the space.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 17:18   #25

We are certainly in need of a defensive organiser to eradicate the habit of gifting goals, which confines us to the lower reaches.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 19:42   #26
Full Member+

you spotted the deliberate mistake then.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:31   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Says in this mornings Mirror, Dunny set to be offered a Player-Coach Role by Stanley, Certainly hope thats the case n he accepts.
Old 04-05-2015, 22:27   #28
Senior Member+

coleman has spoken with him
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 22:56   #29

Poor man's Simon Carden.
Old 06-05-2015, 14:45   #30

I would like to see David Dunn playing for Stanley.
- By the way just wanted to say, they are good people on here. Certainly.-
Giacomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..