Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2015, 21:17   #31
I am Banned

Re: Signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Wouldn't be one bit surprised if this is true - except maybe for the bit about paying money out for anyone
There's the money we'll recieve for kal
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2015, 21:34   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The Rochdale forum is reporting we have signed Super Sean McConville. Oh dear!
Well now that Joycey has gone, you and Choirboy need something to discuss

choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 21:45   #33
Resting in Peace

I'm off!
choirboy likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 21:47   #34
I am Banned

Southport FC sign four new players and a player coach and re-engages five on new contracts - Southport Visiter

Peter Cavanagh signs as player coach
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 07:18   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Chester have accepted a bid off a Football League club
Are football league clubs even allowed to buy conference clubs ?
AccyMad likes this.
Old 29-05-2015, 08:35   #36
God Member

mc conman I hope not. lindfield and Barnett next?
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 19:20   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I'm off!
Me too!....
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 19:26   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Well now that Joycey has gone, you and Choirboy need something to discuss

I'm back already!
Hmmmm......
We conceded 77 goals in the season just completed. (The worst in our division!)
It will be interesting to see if we concede as many next season??????
Old 29-05-2015, 19:45   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
mc conman I hope not. lindfield and Barnett next?
I'd be happy to give Sean Mc another go under the watchful eyes of Coley and Jimmy.
If by 'Barnett' you mean Charlie then no thanks just now....... but if on the other hand you mean Tyrone Barnett of 'The Shrews' then YES, YES, YES.
He is just what we need.... and indeed he was one of the type of players that we needed last season! (I reckon we could have got him three or four years ago when he was at Macclesfield).
Old 29-05-2015, 20:13   #40
Full Member+

maguire not signing a new contract at west ham
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 20:19   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
maguire not signing a new contract at west ham
Not signing or not being offered? Tbh I'd be happy to see him back at the Crown, thought he really came into his own towards the end of last season
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 22:10   #42
Full Member+

we have signed a player named Matty Pearson according to telegraph, apparently he spent last season at Halifax.Coley signed him from Blackburn when he was at Rochdale. I don't know the lad and I welcome him to the club. However it seems this is not shaping up to be a team capable of challenging at the top of the table. The board have to speculate to accumulate like Bury.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 22:35   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
we have signed a player named Matty Pearson according to telegraph, apparently he spent last season at Halifax.Coley signed him from Blackburn when he was at Rochdale. I don't know the lad and I welcome him to the club. However it seems this is not shaping up to be a team capable of challenging at the top of the table. The board have to speculate to accumulate like Bury.
Chris, the board at Bury had a lot more more money to speculate with having found themselves a 'sugar daddy' as they did.
You really need to get in the real world as a Stanley fan, much as I appreciate your enthusiasm the cold hard facts are that since we got into the football league we have been consistently punching above our weight & should consider it a massive achievement just to still be here & going into our tenth season when no-one gave us a cat in hell's chance of staying in the league for more than one - yes, in an ideal world all the population of Accrington would turn up for every game but in reality that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 06:53   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Chris, the board at Bury had a lot more more money to speculate with having found themselves a 'sugar daddy' as they did.
You really need to get in the real world as a Stanley fan, much as I appreciate your enthusiasm the cold hard facts are that since we got into the football league we have been consistently punching above our weight & should consider it a massive achievement just to still be here & going into our tenth season when no-one gave us a cat in hell's chance of staying in the league for more than one - yes, in an ideal world all the population of Accrington would turn up for every game but in reality that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Yeh cant put sense were there is none Di, quite a few have said that to chris n the penny still aint dropped.
andyd likes this.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:32   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I'd be happy to give Sean Mc another go under the watchful eyes of Coley and Jimmy.
If by 'Barnett' you mean Charlie then no thanks just now....... but if on the other hand you mean Tyrone Barnett of 'The Shrews' then YES, YES, YES.
He is just what we need.... and indeed he was one of the type of players that we needed last season! (I reckon we could have got him three or four yearsn ago when he was at Macclesfield).
no I ment Charlie. just a bit of sarcastic banter or having a go at people who go on about ex players coming home.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..