Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree161Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2015, 09:14   #46
God Member

Re: Signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not signing or not being offered? Tbh I'd be happy to see him back at the Crown, thought he really came into his own towards the end of last season
He,s been released along with 3 other youngsters including Dan Potts who Luton have already signed we,ll have to be quick as I,m sure others will be after him.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2015, 22:10   #47
Senior Member+

Yes unfortunately Chrisr we have to scrimp around for players as even most conference teams have money! Be nice to have a little to get the fans , town and club a bit more excitement but its usual business! Comes from having a board with 90% of them having the same wage as most of us on here!! You look at morecambes board, they dont over spend but they can compete with wages for decent football league players! Shame they have a manager who picks the wrong ones!

HOWEVER it wouldnt be as exciting this summer to find out who we will be signing from nowhere and also it wouldnt feel as good when we beat teams in the league that spend and spend and spend and we can happily chant 'What a waste of money'.

Keep The Faith! One day we will get a millionaire chairman , one day....
cashman likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 22:11   #48
Senior Member+

As seen on Dan Jewells twitter, some guy called Hughes was offered a deal with stanley but turned it down to play in non league with Fc Fylde. That is what we have to compete with....

Old 01-06-2015, 07:22   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
As seen on Dan Jewells twitter, some guy called Hughes was offered a deal with stanley but turned it down to play in non league with Fc Fylde. That is what we have to compete with....
That says it all, Fylde are a "Few" leagues below Div2? Anyone cant see the relevance of that, needs a Lobotomy?
Old 01-06-2015, 09:10   #50
God Member

Quote:
Matty hughes played with sean mcconville at Chester last season(on loan from Fleetwood) and originally played as Mcconville did at Skelmersdale wonder if that rules out the Mcconville twist.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:22   #51
Senior Member+

I know he might earn a few pounds more at Fylde but its a big step down from football league if he was offered it! Obviously shows hes not in it for the football! Id give my job up for a year to play football league! All depends if Mcconville wants to play football league again or have a better pay elsewhere in non league! Hopefully from experience and now with Coleman at the helm he will go for the latter.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:25   #52
God Member

Maybe he just realises, after his time at Fleetwood, that he isnt good enough to make the good money in football - so is working full time with part time football to satisfy his love of the game?
AccyMad and baldy like this.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:29   #53
God Member

Quote:
Yes unfortunately Chrisr we have to scrimp around for players as even most conference teams have money!
Average League 2 attendance last season was 4,427. Stanley's average of 1,664 was 37% of that average, and placed us 72nd out of 72 league teams.
11 Conference teams bettered that average, two of which (Eastleigh and Woking (of blessed memory)) are not demoted ex-league teams.
In the absence of a sugar daddy (which, personally, I think could be a poisoned chalice; ask fans of Maidstone Utd or Wimbledon etc, etc, or meat-eaters at Forest Green!) we must console ourselves that being able to watch League football with Stanley is a miracle in these days of 'soccer.com'.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:14   #54
God Member

Coleman stated he had 4 targets who he had offered deals we now know 3 of them wonder who the other is possibly a keeper?
Old 01-06-2015, 13:12   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Maybe he just realises, after his time at Fleetwood, that he isnt good enough to make the good money in football - so is working full time with part time football to satisfy his love of the game?
nothing new there. my old man did the same pre war. at our level for a lot of players its about paying the bills and not popping down to the local aston martin or Ferrari agents.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:42   #56
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Chris, the board at Bury had a lot more more money to speculate with having found themselves a 'sugar daddy' as they did.
You really need to get in the real world as a Stanley fan, much as I appreciate your enthusiasm the cold hard facts are that since we got into the football league we have been consistently punching above our weight & should consider it a massive achievement just to still be here & going into our tenth season when no-one gave us a cat in hell's chance of staying in the league for more than one - yes, in an ideal world all the population of Accrington would turn up for every game but in reality that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
I Don't accept we are punching above our weight, Despite ending up where we did can anybody truly say the teams we played were any better than us? I don't think so. It is great that we are into our tenth season but we need to push on, we need success on the field and then you will see an increase in gates. I do call on the board to dig deep and speculate. I am a little surprised that people seem to have got into a comfort zone and are happy to accept our lot. I do live in the real world, with a club brand as strong as Stanley we should market it better. There is a lot we can do via the supporters club. None of us should be happy at having the lowest gates in the league.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:47   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I Don't accept we are punching above our weight, Despite ending up where we did can anybody truly say the teams we played were any better than us? I don't think so. It is great that we are into our tenth season but we need to push on, we need success on the field and then you will see an increase in gates. I do call on the board to dig deep and speculate. I am a little surprised that people seem to have got into a comfort zone and are happy to accept our lot. I do live in the real world, with a club brand as strong as Stanley we should market it better. There is a lot we can do via the supporters club. None of us should be happy at having the lowest gates in the league.
"The Board" are just Stanley-loving people who, while some may be a bit better off than you and me, don't have unlimited pots of money to throw at a football club. If they over did it one season and success didn't come immediately, we'd be passing buckets around the following year to try to meet the commitments that would still be lurking about. You wouldn't want our special brand to be exploited the way Venkeys tried with Rovers, with similar results, would you? And look what happened to Pompey - even with regular 14000 gates they haven't looked like starting the comeback from the administration that followed their reckless overspending a few years back.

I totally admire your enthusiasm and think the Supporters Club are doing really well under Nick's leadership. You deserve a better response from the town. But sugar daddies, speculating to accumulate, only bring short-term solutions leading to long-term problems for small town clubs.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:57   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
. None of us should be happy at having the lowest gates in the league.
Nonsense i am not aware of anyone who is "HAPPY" about our gates.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:30   #59
Junior Member+

Wycombe star Peter Murphy set for surprise exit; plenty of interest - HITC Sport

Could we have him back as our new captain?
RedArmy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:50   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy1968 View Post
Could we afford him interesting he want,s to leave Wycombe maybe homesick, but would be a good signing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..