Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2015, 20:11   #31
Full Member+

Re: Nicky Hunt

If the bonuses referred to are Loyalty Payments they are guaranteed incremental payments even if you leave and you didn't request a transfer.

As clubs have different pay structures it isn't just about comparing weekly wages.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2015, 20:18   #32
Senior Member+

Joyce moved for better facilties, unfinished business, family and friends, bigger club, big attendances, wanted to play infront of 1000+ away crowds etc. It was a move he really wanted to make.

I cashy i just think you base everything about your dislike for John which i honestly dont get.

You could easily see from the end of season do in the crown that John and Nicky were fine, both sat next to each other drinking and chatting away.

Coleman has made some superb signings already, back him!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015, 20:56   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Joyce moved for better facilties, unfinished business, family and friends, bigger club, big attendances, wanted to play infront of 1000+ away crowds etc. It was a move he really wanted to make.

I cashy i just think you base everything about your dislike for John which i honestly dont get.

You could easily see from the end of season do in the crown that John and Nicky were fine, both sat next to each other drinking and chatting away.

Coleman has made some superb signings already, back him!!
Believe what yeh want, i dont really give a stuff. Yeh havent seen me knock his signings in fact have said i'm fine with em, Dont mean i have to like the guy, and i will back the team any day.
Old 29-06-2015, 21:38   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
In my view they didn't want to keep him, it aint hard to figure.
Please explain your reasoning for thinking this...
Old 30-06-2015, 06:09   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Please explain your reasoning for thinking this...
I will tell yeh to yer face Baldy if yeh really want to know.
Old 30-06-2015, 06:17   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I will tell yeh to yer face Baldy if yeh really want to know.
Just a simple question, If we offer a better basic wage, a definite 3 year contract (which I believe would have been a first at this club) where Carlisle was only 2 with maybe a 3rd and he would have been club captain!!

Please tell me why you think John and Jimmy didn't want to keep him?
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 07:24   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Are yeh really that dumb? or are yeh just trying to drop me in it.?
Old 30-06-2015, 07:58   #38

Quote:
Just a simple question, If we offer a better basic wage, a definite 3 year contract (which I believe would have been a first at this club) where Carlisle was only 2 with maybe a 3rd and he would have been club captain!!

Please tell me why you think John and Jimmy didn't want to keep him?
And, as Luke said in his interview, Stanley is a short commute from home. Sounds like he was pretty determined to play at carlisle, for the reasons given by fc stanley.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2015, 10:03   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
And, as Luke said in his interview, Stanley is a short commute from home. Sounds like he was pretty determined to play at carlisle, for the reasons given by fc stanley.
Those reasons plus some he didn't mention fer obvious reasons.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:18   #40

I don't understand..... are you saying that the management didn't want to keep him (like you said further up this thread) - which makes no sense as we offered him a seemingly better contract than Carlisle, and you don't offer contracts to players you don't want to keep, especially with our budget. Or are you saying he didn't want to stay - which is obvious because of everything he has said about his desire to play for Carlisle.

Of course he might have other reasons that he wants to keep private - just like anyone anywhere who is moving jobs. But are you implying there is something more sinister happening behind the scenes?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2015, 10:52   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No i'm not implying anything, many footballers move from many clubs and they never hardly tell the real reasons, cos they dont want to harm themselves or their mates who are still there. its not rocket science, but it seems like it is to me.plus some of the private stuff they normally tell mates.
Old 30-06-2015, 14:34   #42
Senior Member+

Not quite sure why people come out and say things like "They didn't want to keep him, it ain't hard to figure" but then not back up the reason for saying it!

Like the playground "I know something you don't know, but I'm not tell you"
Old 30-06-2015, 14:36   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Not quite sure why people come out and say things like "They didn't want to keep him, it ain't hard to figure" but then not back up the reason for saying it!

Like the playground "I know something you don't know, but I'm not tell you"
Well i didn't have yeh down as stupid baldy, but i take it back.
Old 30-06-2015, 14:58   #44
Senior Member+

You didn't just avoid the question again did you Cashy? Deary me!
Old 30-06-2015, 15:14   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You didn't just avoid the question again did you Cashy? Deary me!
I did offer to tell yeh, but stupidly yeh carry on.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..