Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2016, 15:08   #241
Senior Member+

Re: Former Players!

Langazi has always been an head scratcher for me, he played 10 games for Acci,looked the part,got a move etc ...,but stats show him only starting 30+ games in a 7 year pro career,with just 1 goal.
Doesn't add up for me,he looked a tremendous prospect,maybe he will come again,strange ��
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2016, 17:24   #242
God Member

Like a certain Mr.Crooks, it needs the right manager to bring out some player's potential, F19.
Time will tell if the potential many (including me) saw in Linganzi in his brief spell at Stanley can be realised, but it would have been nice to have been able to see what Professor Coleman could have done for him.
football19 and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2016, 20:36   #243
God Member

Released by Blackburn after injury if memory serves?

Gillingham released after injury limited his appearances, he then disappeared entirely - tells a story unfortunately. I think we were lucky that we saw probably the only uninterrupted period of his career
Old 22-07-2016, 18:53   #244
Full Member+

Joss Windass and Rob Kiernan start for rangers against east stirling, and danny whitehead (Remember him) moves from wigan to cheltenham on a season loan
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2016, 19:35   #245
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Joss Windass and Rob Kiernan start for rangers against east stirling, and danny whitehead (Remember him) moves from wigan to cheltenham on a season loan

And scores!

https://twitter.com/bet365/status/75...979649/photo/1

Forget "The Sash", please!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:57   #246
Full Member+

whats the sash ?
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 14:19   #247
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
whats the sash ?
A sectarian song, I believe, maybe accompanied by flute a la Gazza from his time at Rangers. Perhaps Deasss can confirm?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 14:56   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
A sectarian song, I believe, maybe accompanied by flute a la Gazza from his time at Rangers. Perhaps Deasss can confirm?
Any song Rangers fans sing are sectarian apparently, even the Hokey Cokey apparently Singing the Hokey Cokey could land football fans in sectarian bother - Daily Record .

When challenged nobody has ever managed to point out the sectarian lines but it just is however that's probably a debate too far for this forum. Infact it's a song celebrating the victory at the battle of the boyne.

The quote in the tweet is part of a version of that god awful don't send me home song and only relates to Windass as it vaguely rhymes with Sash.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 16:49   #249
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It sure is, "The Sash My Father Wore" is an owd proddy song from N.I.
Old 25-07-2016, 16:09   #250
God Member

Luke Simpson has signed for York, good luck to the lad
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 18:41   #251
Senior Member+

Not sure if they've been mentioned but Luke Clark and former youth team player Billy Priestly playing for Salford tonight and former loan player Jason Gilchrist starting got FC United!
Old 26-07-2016, 19:30   #252
I am Banned

Kaid Mohamed just finished a trial with Torquay not to be offered a deal there
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:36   #253
Senior Member+

Micah Evans signed for Telford!
Old 03-08-2016, 17:05   #254
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Still one of the best players I've ever seen wear a Stanley shirt!
He played at the base of a fluid diamond formation. He was slow to move the ball on and did not impress unfortunately.
Pompey have brought Baker in from MK dons and Lalkovitch from Walsall. They play either side of Roberts and behind d our target man Smith.
Danny Rose who arrived from Northampton played at the base with Doyle. Linganzi just was not on their wavelength and he has not been offered another chance.
I wish him luck in finding a club, maybe you guys can inspire him. It just seems he was not at the races with us
Jackfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 17:32   #255
God Member

We've still got the no. 6 shirt available - doubt we could afford Linganzi, although it's awfully close to the start of the season & he hasn't got a club yet . . . . .??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..