Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2020, 08:34   #1246
God Member

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Club can do a contract where the option is in their favour;
e.g offer a 1 year guaranteed contract plus an extra year at end of it at clubs discretion if they want to keep the player or not. (similar to what we've got on Callum Johnson, offer 2 and a half year deal when he signed in Jan 2018 with an extra year option in clubs favour) We obviously want to keep Callum, so will activate the extra year so he is still under contract. If we didn't want to keep him, we wouldnt activate the year option.
Thanks Josh wasn't sure about options I believe Hughes has one but who remaining haven't an option and contract running down not sure.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2020, 09:39   #1247
Senior Member+

Specifically Clark and Conneely.
Their contracts expire 30 June 2020.
The club can offer them a new contract and its the players decision whether they sign or reject.
The Club may choose not to make an offer at all.
In theory they have been entitled to speak to other clubs since January.
They can still reject the contact and not sign for anyone else so effectively unemployed.
Their final pay day is end of July.
All this talk about reduced contracts is just that.
There isn't a hope in my opinion of either player signing a contact to earn less and despite pessimism being expressed about football in general I would guarantee that both players would get offers elsewhere at least equivalent to their current deal.
The club also has to consider how to replace them and at what cost.
cashman likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:45   #1248
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Specifically Clark and Conneely.
Their contracts expire 30 June 2020.
The club can offer them a new contract and its the players decision whether they sign or reject.
The Club may choose not to make an offer at all.
In theory they have been entitled to speak to other clubs since January.
They can still reject the contact and not sign for anyone else so effectively unemployed.
Their final pay day is end of July.
All this talk about reduced contracts is just that.
There isn't a hope in my opinion of either player signing a contact to earn less and despite pessimism being expressed about football in general I would guarantee that both players would get offers elsewhere at least equivalent to their current deal.
The club also has to consider how to replace them and at what cost.
Thanks for that twenty eight would be great if both signed on but in my opinion don't think they will as don't think the club will be improving offers as I think they would have done by now.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:05   #1249
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Thanks for that twenty eight would be great if both signed on but in my opinion don't think they will as don't think the club will be improving offers as I think they would have done by now.
I reckon 1 will be staying and 1 won't.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:14   #1250
God Member

Quote:
I reckon 1 will be staying and 1 won't.
So if one stays are you saying they will accept what's on offer and presumably nothing better from elsewhere?
Old 12-06-2020, 10:16   #1251
Senior Member+

Quote:
Who says it needs to be an improvement ?
Old 12-06-2020, 10:18   #1252
Senior Member+

Quote:
So if one stays are you saying they will accept what's on offer and presumably nothing better from elsewhere?
You are making assumptions the offer if one is made will be less than the current deal. How do you know if other offers (if they exist) are improvements ?

What will be, will be.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:45   #1253
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
You are making assumptions the offer if one is made will be less than the current deal. How do you know if other offers (if they exist) are improvements ?

What will be, will be.
I don't know what is going on this is a forum for fans thoughts and especially in these times it's been a scource of breaking tedious days up, just my opinion usually in life people naturally go for pay increases wouldn't have thought footballers any different, looking from the outside looking in I think they have been offered something and they have until June 30th to decide.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:46   #1254
Full Member+

Quote:
Nope. Didn't say that.
I know the player involved. If he gets offered more money elsewhere, would he want to uproot his family? Not quite as black and white as just moving for more money, no matter what people seem to think.
Also consider his life after football. What does he want to do, where does he want to be. Luckily, the player is very switched on with things like that.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:06   #1255
Senior Member+

He's from good stock that's why Josh hahaha !
Old 12-06-2020, 13:29   #1256
God Member

Quote:
Nope. Didn't say that.
I know the player involved. If he gets offered more money elsewhere, would he want to uproot his family? Not quite as black and white as just moving for more money, no matter what people seem to think.
Also consider his life after football. What does he want to do, where does he want to be. Luckily, the player is very switched on with things like that.
Seeing as we have only seen the released list and not the retained list all may have signed we will find out soon, like I said wether about money or not you sign or you don't.
Old 12-06-2020, 13:36   #1257
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as long as players do what they regard as best for their families is all that counts to me,will be sorry to see some go no doubt, but thats the way things have panned out.
monkey hanger and StanleyJosh like this.
Old 12-06-2020, 15:28   #1258
Full Member+

Quote:
Seeing as we have only seen the released list and not the retained list all may have signed we will find out soon, like I said wether about money or not you sign or you don't.
Again not quite as simple and straightforward as that Andy.
A player could be offered a deal and told they will be a squad player.
That player may take less money elsewhere to be a more regular starter etc.

I would put my house on at least a few of the ones not released leaving before a new season start.
Old 12-06-2020, 15:37   #1259
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i reckon josh is spot on wi that.
Old 12-06-2020, 16:24   #1260
Senior Member+

It's a funny old world is football.
Was only chatting to Keith Hill and Flicker about 3 weeks ago and their plans for when the season starts .......... both no longer there plus CEO gone as well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..