Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2020, 18:03   #1291
God Member

Re: Former Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Aaron is definitely a confidence player & it would be good to see him back but it was reported when he left for Peterborough that they'd offered him 3 x the wages we were paying him, I doubt he'd be willing to take that much of a cut
Couldn't blame the lad one bit just shows how some clubs though are prepared to pay vastly superior wages at our level for pretty mediocre players, no disrespect to Aaron but he isn't a world beater but you grab what you can when you can.
AccyMad likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-06-2020, 18:10   #1292
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Go on then?

When did we have the chance ?

Highish wages, fee paid to his former club, loan signing to ASFC authorised in the strangest manner ever and then an injury.

Cracking lad in his spell with us, but when some sense returned at Bloomfield Road he wasn't ( to my knowledge) coming our way at that stage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
When a player isn’t wanted by his parent club then anyone can make an offer?
A bit touchy that response Mark ?
Fail to see how that response is touchy was just a honest reply i thought.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-06-2020, 07:39   #1293
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1241142]When a player isn’t wanted by his parent club then anyone can make an offer?

its not as if players are not wanted its to give em match play with another club. if a manager cannot offer anyone regular game time i thought it was obvious. just like stanley send lads out on loan.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 20:38   #1294
God Member

Ferrand Rawson released by Forest Green Rovers.
Old 16-06-2020, 10:05   #1295
Senior Member+

Adam Buxton released by Morecambe!
Old 17-06-2020, 07:15   #1296
God Member

wonder if both lads have been released on financial grounds and not actually how they performed on the pitch.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 07:22   #1297
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wonder if both lads have been released on financial grounds and not actually how they performed on the pitch.
Rawson played over 80 games in his two seasons at fgr and don't think they are without money due to owner, Buxton struggled again with fitness and weight shame good player.
Old 17-06-2020, 09:14   #1298
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

how many of these lads would have been released in a normal situation? not many i think.
Old 17-06-2020, 09:28   #1299
Senior Member+

I reckon both of them.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 12:25   #1300
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
how many of these lads would have been released in a normal situation? not many i think.
That's anyone's guess but with talk of in league 1 a salary cap of 2.5 million and a senior squad of just 20 players maximum that's 480 players to be given a job same in league 2 so managers some with probably players tied to contracts they don't really want are maybe juggling for what could be limited space in the squad by letting go some they normally might have offered a deal strange times.
Old 17-06-2020, 12:33   #1301
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That's anyone's guess but with talk of in league 1 a salary cap of 2.5 million and a senior squad of just 20 players maximum that's 480 players to be given a job same in league 2 so managers some with probably players tied to contracts they don't really want are maybe juggling for what could be limited space in the squad by letting go some they normally might have offered a deal strange times.
Can't see 20 player max for senior squad.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2020, 13:38   #1302
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Agreed Josh.
Do the maths that cap with 20 players would make the average wage £2400 a week.
As if ...........
Old 17-06-2020, 13:47   #1303
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Neither can I don't think it's a good idea but apparently it is being discussed and salary cap It I think will definitely come in probably with a grace period of maybe 12 months for already agreed contracts, but rumours are top earner in league 1 last season was on £15600 a week.
Old 17-06-2020, 13:50   #1304
God Member

If by the way the £15600a week salary is true that's over 50% of Stanley's entire playing budget.
Old 17-06-2020, 20:40   #1305
Senior Member+

Only way that could have happened is if it was a relegated Championship player on an extended deal.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..