Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2015, 17:54   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Wimbledon Match Thread.

As i said certainly not start wi a right back on the left. 2 up front at home sure dont bother me any, but Terry wasn't at the races,? joss seemed too deep, and what about replacing the injured dino with an attacking player? how is that remotely sensible?
Old 21-10-2015, 18:03   #62
God Member

Don't wish to intrude on the coaching session, but have just watched the goals and the one thing that amazed me was how 'bright' it was. Have they put some 100 watt bulbs in the floodlights, or were they using night-vision cameras?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 18:27   #63
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As i said certainly not start wi a right back on the left.
Even though I agree he had a bad game there, you'd think the natural backup to a left back would be a right back? I'd be interested to hear who you'd have put at left back instead seeing as we don't have any in reserve?? Or should we just not play with a left back because we had none?
baldy likes this.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 18:38   #64
God Member

Sorry but the blame for the defeat lies squarely with John Coleman.

Keeping his other left back a secret and choosing not to play him is just not on. That added to how he intentionally injured three our four starting defenders before kick off... then using his pea shooter to take out Dean during the game?! Urgh. I also thought the way he applied to the FA to make sure Matt Crooks received a fifth yellow card and consequential 1 match suspension was disgusting.

Change at the top needed.
Oldgobbin, baldy, Redraine and 2 others like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 18:52   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Even though I agree he had a bad game there, you'd think the natural backup to a left back would be a right back? I'd be interested to hear who you'd have put at left back instead seeing as we don't have any in reserve?? Or should we just not play with a left back because we had none?
Personally i would have played conneely back, hes done it before.
Old 21-10-2015, 18:55   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Sorry but the blame for the defeat lies squarely with John Coleman.

Keeping his other left back a secret and choosing not to play him is just not on. That added to how he intentionally injured three our four starting defenders before kick off... then using his pea shooter to take out Dean during the game?! Urgh. I also thought the way he applied to the FA to make sure Matt Crooks received a fifth yellow card and consequential 1 match suspension was disgusting.

Change at the top needed.
The blame does lie there no question at all,its not about a change at the top, thats never been mentioned, but as yeh crave attention from some you think what yeh want shaker.
Old 21-10-2015, 19:55   #67
Senior Member+

Right were getting somewhere here Cashy...Conneely as LB.

Now for the other 10 positions...
Old 21-10-2015, 20:19   #68
Full Member+

So now our only available dependable center mid is covering left back?
baldy likes this.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley

Last edited by Red-Osbornello; 21-10-2015 at 20:20. Reason: Typo
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 21:50   #69
Senior Member+

In the second half we had our first choice forward four playing and hardly got a sniff,so Wimbledon deserve credit.
Pearson can play left back and was our only option (unless dean played there)I just think we stood off them a little and they capitalised.
I thought before the game they would be open to pace behind their centre backs and was disappointed windass was played deeper.
Would have liked Kaid to have been involved as he's got genuine pace,and Barry can play right back,so there were options.
Must admit I was impressed with their centre mid,he ran the game in the second half and couldn't half get around for a 35 year old.
Hope we get a response on Saturday KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2015, 07:41   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
He is a little ring rusty but prolific when given a decent run out.
You must have watched him somewhere else Chris, he hasn't been given a decent run out mainly because he's not consistent. You could argue he's not consistent because he doesn't get a good run, Chicken & Egg, but he's the one who has to prove his consistency. He's a flair player, good on his day but not enough days, like most flair players. In League 2 that's difficult for somebody like Bruna, he would be better off in the higher leagues where you get to play a bit more football than thugball.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 22-10-2015, 09:45   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
In the second half we had our first choice forward four playing and hardly got a sniff,so Wimbledon deserve credit.
Pearson can play left back and was our only option (unless dean played there)I
Disagree, pierro could do the job also, but lets move to half time, dino is injured, no-ones addressed the fact that Bruna replaced him?is everyone afraid to criticize the messiah? the guy to my knowledge has NEVER played full back? hes an attacking midfield player, also at half time we were NOT losing, Connelly has also played defender, whilst hes been excellent this season in midfield, no-one was really setting the world alight tuesday night, so i can see other options than poor owd Bruna, Barry was also on the bench,he can defend also, It makes me puke the way some defend the defenseless,
Old 22-10-2015, 10:37   #72
God Member

To be fair Tuesday nights game was lost in the midfield where most games are decided Young Josh had a nightmare 1st, half against 35yrs, young Dannie Bulman ok others were below par including Matty but he has played on the left before and played ok, I IMHO think the big mistake of the night was playing Josh in a role which is alien to him and he says himself on Twitter he had a bad game hopefully lessons learned and we move on.
AccyMad likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2015, 11:29   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Disagree, pierro could do the job also, but lets move to half time, dino is injured, no-ones addressed the fact that Bruna replaced him?is everyone afraid to criticize the messiah? the guy to my knowledge has NEVER played full back? hes an attacking midfield player, also at half time we were NOT losing, Connelly has also played defender, whilst hes been excellent this season in midfield, no-one was really setting the world alight tuesday night, so i can see other options than poor owd Bruna, Barry was also on the bench,he can defend also, It makes me puke the way some defend the defenseless,
Don't think we did too bad last season when Coley was forced to play Piero and Kal as defensive RB/LB due to injury, So why not try Bruna there?

Coley has admitted that maybe we aren't as good as he thought, Fair play for him trying to be attacking (Wimbledon had conceded 5 in the last game and 3 by HT in our game) than sit back and try to sneak a winner!

It cost us the game but id much rather us play attacking football, especially at home, Backfired on Tuesday but with the team we've got i'm sure we will win more than we lose playing like that at home!
Old 22-10-2015, 11:58   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Don't think we did too bad last season when Coley was forced to play Piero and Kal as defensive RB/LB due to injury, So why not try Bruna there?

Coley has admitted that maybe we aren't as good as he thought, Fair play for him trying to be attacking (Wimbledon had conceded 5 in the last game and 3 by HT in our game) than sit back and try to sneak a winner!

It cost us the game but id much rather us play attacking football, especially at home, Backfired on Tuesday but with the team we've got i'm sure we will win more than we lose playing like that at home!
Because we had options that had played defence before, is that so hard to grasp? I also prefer attacking footy at home, but yeh gotta cut yer cloth, dinos injury was a real disruption imho.
Old 22-10-2015, 12:04   #75
Senior Member+

That's how I saw it Andy,you could say it was a bold move playing him there and maybe on another day paid off,but for me he's a talented offensive player,but when we don't have the ball,sometimes switches off.
For me I would have moved pierro to fullback and give kaid a start with proccy starting (terry missing out) and sheilding:screening the back four,winning the second balls.
It's all about opinions and although it's a good debating topic,coley knows his players better than us.
Plymouth away on Saturday,then a game on Tuesday,did that have a bearing? As we died in the second half
andyd likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..