Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2015, 17:53   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Dagenham match thread.

Well deserved 3 pts against a poor Daggers side, Thought most had a decent game, could not understand the logic of starting Adam? he was struggling after a few mins, before he went down!!, seemed to me to just annoy whatever injury he had been carrying, will probably be out a bit longer now.
Old 24-10-2015, 17:54   #17
God Member

I don't know who those players were posing in Dagenham kits, but they were nothing like the John Still sides of old. No bite, aggression or guts in their game. Awful.

That said, the reds were fantastic at times. Could (should) have won by four or more. A solid midfield the difference from Tuesday night while the shored-up defence won everything thrown at them.

How we have Billy Kee in our squad I don't know but his quality is a cut above the rest in this league and his selflessness enables the fledgling talent that is Josh Windass to grab the headlines. Great to see Mingoia back to his best with a great assist for our third goal. McConville had a good game also, getting stuck in all over the park.

My man of the match goes to Brad Halliday who really had to fight against their pacey sub (Jones) once moved to left back. A great effort by a young lad thrown in at the deep end this week. Matty Pearson a close second.

Hope Dean recovers from his illness soon and the report on Bucko doesn't make for grim reading.
MikeA and AccyMad like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 17:55   #18

Excellent performance against a team that where weak at the back. We had lots of headed chances(it showed how weak they where at the back and our desire to win the headers) and we could have scored a lot more. Kee was my man of match. He won most of his duels and set up most of are attacks." I believe" we can go up!
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 17:55   #19
Resting in Peace

A lot of our football was breathtaking today. Could easily have been 7 or 8 if a certain midfielder/ winger had taken his chances, but I think he is programmed to aim straight at the goalie! Great goal by Pearson at exactly the right time as it was looking like the wasted chances were going to cost us dear. Many stunning individual performances individually but I suppose I would go for Billy as my MOM with a masterclass of CF play, even if he didn't score. What a smashing game from our new man at left back too!
choirboy likes this.

Last edited by Redraine; 24-10-2015 at 17:58.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 17:57   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I thought Halliday was outstanding n said hope we can extend his loan, at least until were over our injury list.
Old 24-10-2015, 19:57   #21
Senior Member+

Comfortable win.

Felt sorry for Jamie Cuerton, don't think he had a single chance today. Dagenham looked ok down the flanks, but their central midfield was dire.

Well player Mingola
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 20:07   #22
God Member

Can't feel too sorry for Mr. Cureton, he's been a thorn in our side too many times but today looked no threat at all. Sad to see but maybe, just maybe it's time he reviewed his options
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 20:35   #23
Senior Member+

I agree with earlier posters that our build up football was outstanding today and also that The Daggers were a bit below par. Even the mercurial Jamie Cuerton, who did have one golden chance for them near the end but fluffed it! We should have won easily by SEVEN or EIGHT goals!
Pierro could have had a couple of goals as could Josh in addition to the well taken header which he did convert. Sean Mac had a great game and fully played his part in the teamwork BUT he really should have scored Three, or FOUR, or even FIVE goals today, if he only had that ruthless streak in front of goal. The most obvious chance came late on after a flowing move found him in the box one on one with the keeper. He had time to pick a corner of the goal or lift it over the on rushing keeper but he took so long in his indeciciveness that a defender actually clipped him from behind and Sean fell flat on his face! The ref perceived this as a dive by Sean and waved play on whereas I thought that it was a stone wall penalty, (yet another!) The truth is, he should have finished the move clinically and ruthlessly! This is the only shortcoming in our team at the moment. We really need to finish off these sort of teams without showing any mercy!
Having said that, The Daggers were a poor outfit today, but they did try to continue to play in a fair way and did not resort to foul tactics as some teams would have done when being thoroughluy outplayed!
Matt Pearson fully deserved his goal and by this time in the evening he may well be approaching TWELVE feet tall!!!
I thought that the disallowed goal headed in by young Joe Wright may have been a valid goal and I will be watching closely on TV tonight to see if he ran from behind Pearson who had the initial looping header. Joe would have deserved the goal as he too had a super game today!
The BBC Stats show something like 18 shots from us compared to 2 for The Daggers which indicates just how one sided the match was!
The ULTRAS were in fine voice too today and made the 'Extra Man!

ON STANLEY ON.....
with SUPER FOOTBALL ......
from JIMMY and JOHN and THE TEAM....
AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 22:30   #24
Senior Member+

Like you choirboy, I thought Joe Wright's 'goal' was a valid one, only for an assistant who was blatantly never up with play in the first half giving him offside. I also worried when Buxton was led off but Barry did a great job, until he too was injured. A little shuffling at the back and normal service was resumed. There was a scout in front of me watch Joe Wright and looking at his notes, he didn't think too much of him. Personally, I hope he stays with us for a couple of years!The forward play today was breathtaking and yes the team could have, nay, should have had 7 or 8 goals apart from the wayward shooting and a goalkeeper on fine form. Onwards and upwards, back in to the play-off positions and no real damage done regarding the 2 losses prior to this match. I suppose the real test will come against Orient next week.
choirboy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 07:16   #25
Senior Member+

Isn't Joe Wright on loan from Huddersfield?
Old 25-10-2015, 08:03   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Isn't Joe Wright on loan from Huddersfield?
Yes mate

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 10:02   #27
I am Banned

The win puts us back above Morecambe knocking them outta playoff places
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 10:12   #28
Senior Member+

How did Barry play at fullback?,I am sure he wasn't 100%,good pro,big heart.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 10:42   #29

Barry did pretty good considering lack of match practice, no warm up, it's not his natural position and apparently he's been ill.

Decent performance from the whole team, particularly kee. Feels like every game is a must win, gaps will start to appear in the table at some point and we need to make sure we are on the 'right side' of them.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 11:51   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Barry, whilst aint me favourite by some way, did very well i thought, credit were its due.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..