Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2015, 08:44   #46
Senior Member+

Re: York City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Good goal by Sean!
MikeA likes this.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:24   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
York must have provided the commentator, going berserk for their goals but hardly raising his voice for ours!
it was radio York commentator at least he said definite pen. cant add anything to the comments about the game. kept looking at my watch after the storms came in hoping there,d be no repeat of the Morecambe fiasco. also well done to the referee as well. let the game go as much as possible plus a fourth official with a smile on his face unlike most who are blakey from on the buses clones.
Redraine likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:02   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Good goal by Sean!
I suppose we should forgive the misses. But it is difficult to forgive his failure to challenge the York scorer for their second goal. McConville just stood there and gave him all the room he wanted to head the ball. No wonder our defenders were furious with him at the time.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:10   #49
Senior Member+

I give credit to the York travelling supporters they were terrific braved the conditions never stopped cheering their team, the fans I met after match were full of complements
about our team & club (((brilliant fans)))
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:23   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I give credit to the York travelling supporters they were terrific braved the conditions never stopped cheering their team, the fans I met after match were full of complements
about our team & club (((brilliant fans)))

The York directors thought it was very funny to watch their own fans get a soaking .
mab likes this.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:55   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I suppose we should forgive the misses. But it is difficult to forgive his failure to challenge the York scorer for their second goal. McConville just stood there and gave him all the room he wanted to head the ball. No wonder our defenders were furious with him at the time.
Mr. McConville did score a(nother) good goal, after some decisive attacking play from Pierro, but he's definitely not the bravest of players, and that was a poor example of ducking out of a challenge. Even jumping and missing the ball might have put off the York scorer. Fortunate it happened when it did and not with another ten minutes to go.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 13:53   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Thanks for the link Mike

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 14:41   #53

Quote:
Let's help him then by bringing a mate next week and really getting behind Andy Holt and the team!
I've got a mate coming over from Dewsbury in West Yorkshire next week, never been to Stanley before in his life. It was his idea to come over not mine, he's been following the fortunes of Stanley for a couple of years now and decided to come and have a look for himself.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:45   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good goal by Sean!
So good, the BBC included it in their 'Best Goals of Round 1':
BBC Sport - FA Cup first round: Best goals from the weekend

But not Matt's...
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..