Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2015, 19:09   #16
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Maybe his agent has said he has turned down a deal and name dropped Arsenal to get more clubs looking at him and a good move in January/summer
This.

Jimmy Ryan was all set for West Ham before the mighty Scunthorpe stole him from under their noses.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2015, 12:14   #17
God Member

Re: Josh Windass!

No doubt Coley has got a good enough replacement lined up![/QUOTE]

if josh goes in January for the sake of argument a half a million pound undisclosed fee and coley is given half the amount for a replacement who could he sign who would play for us on our wage structure. its been said people don't come here for the money and to break this principle could lead to dressing room upsets. its a top young non league player who is hungry for a league career would be the best bet .
Outback Ozzy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 13:09   #18
God Member

There are players in the squad that could fill the gap

In my opinion

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 13:36   #19
Full Member+

Agreed. Not as good as Windass when he's at his best, but there are other options in a similar no.10 role.

Matt Crooks would be far more difficult to replace within the current squad IMO.
AccyMad, baldy, cashman and 3 others like this.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 16:34   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Agreed. Not as good as Windass when he's at his best, but there are other options in a similar no.10 role.

Matt Crooks would be far more difficult to replace within the current squad IMO.
Agree completely. Crooksy will be a massive miss.....

Old 11-11-2015, 17:02   #21
God Member

Quote:
Crooksy will be a massive miss.....
Do you know something or do you mean would be?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 17:30   #22
God Member

Smile Re: Josh Windass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Do you know something or do you mean would be?
Sorry Yerself, wrong words chosen

Though Coley has stated himself, Crooksy will go on to bigger and better things, let's just hope that he will take us on part of his journey

Old 11-11-2015, 18:23   #23

Both Matt Crooks and Coley should take credit to Crooksy's current position.

Coley obviously saw something that most of us didn't when he persisted in playing him whilst on loan last season and made a priority of signing him in the Summer.

And to the lad himself. He's gone from being public enemy no. 1 to a cult hero in less than 12 months. I'm willing him to do well every time I see him play and given how his team mates react to him, I think he's a very important member of the squad and good to have around the place. He must be the first name on the team sheet every week. He's even managed to turn a Josh Windass string of posts into a Matt Crooks string of posts!
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 18:33   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Both Matt Crooks and Coley should take credit to Crooksy's current position.

Coley obviously saw something that most of us didn't when he persisted in playing him whilst on loan last season and made a priority of signing him in the Summer.

And to the lad himself. He's gone from being public enemy no. 1 to a cult hero in less than 12 months. I'm willing him to do well every time I see him play and given how his team mates react to him, I think he's a very important member of the squad and good to have around the place. He must be the first name on the team sheet every week. He's even managed to turn a Josh Windass string of posts into a Matt Crooks string of posts!
Agree entirely that Matt crooks would be a far bigger miss than josh Windass, he is really on top of his game at the minute and is a joy to watch week in week out.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 13:21   #25
God Member

John Coleman on fishy saying that despite speculation in the press nobody is leaving in the January window also if we where to get £1,000,000 for a player it would go towards the ground does that mean plans for the ground are in peoples thoughts?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 13:40   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
John Coleman on fishy saying that despite speculation in the press nobody is leaving in the January window also if we where to get £1,000,000 for a player it would go towards the ground does that mean plans for the ground are in peoples thoughts?
He also says that in this weeks Observer andy, and no doubt thats his intention imho. but the only opinion that counts is who holds the purse strings!! hopefully they agree with him?
Old 12-11-2015, 18:53   #27
Senior Member+

Would it make any difference if Josh was sold in the summer? Surely his age means we will get a fee whenever he leaves.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 19:02   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

are the age fees not peanuts by comparison?
yonmon and football19 like this.
Old 12-11-2015, 21:45   #29
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I really think we're selling our selves short I mean £1 million for our Josh when last season Swansea payed £1.75 million for an unknown 19yr old Exeter midfielder Swansea set to sign Exeter's Matt Grimes for £1.75m | Daily Mail Online Now £2 million and your closer to the mark
Old 12-11-2015, 23:30   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I really think we're selling our selves short I mean £1 million for our Josh when last season Swansea payed £1.75 million for an unknown 19yr old Exeter midfielder Swansea set to sign Exeter's Matt Grimes for £1.75m | Daily Mail Online Now £2 million and your closer to the mark
That's the guy I was thinking of when I posted the same sentiments / thoughts about Josh's value on another thread.....

I seriously hope that we are not gambling on getting a fair deal when the lad's contract expires in the summer.....tribunals are notorious for their ridiculous decisions when it comes to a players TRUE value......

What irks me...... is that as a club we are now seemingly playing the same brinksmanship game when it comes to player contracts.....i.e. potentially letting them get to the point where the contract runs out and then hoping that we can get a good deal.....or pick up replacements on the cheap / free.

Beattie broke that trend when he started awarding some longer contracts to players....now it seems we're going back to the same old scenario of potentially losing players for either nothing.....or next to nothing .....when their contracts run out !!

Other clubs try and tie down their most saleable assets on longer contracts before it gets to the point where we are at...... yet again ......with our more saleable assets.

Whilst I don't doubt that there may be efforts being undertaken behind the scenes to remedy this situation.....whilst we now say we are in a more stable position financially, I think we need to show a little more forward thinking when it comes to sorting out contracts.

I know we can't afford to pay silly wages and hand these longer term contracts around like we're handing out candy to kids.....but surely it would make sense to protect our interests when it comes to promising talent ?????

We most probably won't get anything near to true and proper values for players when their deals expire in the none too distant.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..