Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2015, 22:13   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Josh Windass!

How much are they both realistically worth though taking into consideration their contracts are up in 6 months?

is it worth the gamble of keeping them until the summer and hope a few clubs come in and we can get a bidding war going to get a better compensation deal?
Old 09-12-2015, 07:41   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me the gamble is will they have been part of a team that achieves this season,? if so then the gamble is worth it.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:36   #108
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me the gamble is will they have been part of a team that achieves this season,? if so then the gamble is worth it.
I agree with Cashy on this (someone must have slipped something into my morning cup of tea!).

For me I question "will selling make a difference to our chances of continuing with a good season?".

Personally I reckon if we got a half decent sum for Josh, sell him. I believe we have players who could fill his position and we wouldn't suffer, or even bring in someone to add competition for that place.

I think if we managed that, we take a punt on keeping Crooks. He'd be too big a miss, and our season would go t!ts-up without him pulling the strings. Unless we got an astronomical fee for him I'd say refuse to sell, offer him a bumper deal in the latter part of the season, and hope it helps the compo claim in the summer.

I don't think we'll get anywhere near the fee touted around in the press for either of them, although Crooksy would certainly deserve it.

All just my opinion of course. On Stanley on.
AccyMad, cashman and Revived Red like this.

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 16:38   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
I agree with Cashy on this (someone must have slipped something into my morning cup of tea!).

For me I question "will selling make a difference to our chances of continuing with a good season?".

Personally I reckon if we got a half decent sum for Josh, sell him. I believe we have players who could fill his position and we wouldn't suffer, or even bring in someone to add competition for that place.

I think if we managed that, we take a punt on keeping Crooks. He'd be too big a miss, and our season would go t!ts-up without him pulling the strings. Unless we got an astronomical fee for him I'd say refuse to sell, offer him a bumper deal in the latter part of the season, and hope it helps the compo claim in the summer.

I don't think we'll get anywhere near the fee touted around in the press for either of them, although Crooksy would certainly deserve it.

All just my opinion of course. On Stanley on.
Very sensible post
Red-Osbornello likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 20:41   #110
God Member

Please dont quote Matt as sensible Joe, he'll be naked next week :-)

A millionish for either would constitue silly money and its bye-bye. But 500k? Correct Cashy, its bullshine. Prmotion would be worth 500k so its a no brainer, refuse to sell and hold out for Bosmanian compo
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 17-12-2015, 07:58   #111
Senior Member+

If you believe everything you read on Twitter...QPR and Brentford are now after Josh!
Old 17-12-2015, 09:25   #112
God Member

I think I,m right in saying player,s under 24 in the last 6 month,s of their contracts can be approached without permission of the parent club agree a deal on a contract and walk away when the contract finishes for nothing and the fee goes to a tribunal. If more than 1 club is interested in Matt and Josh this could work in Accy,s favour as one club might make a money bid in January that the club can,t turn down either way the player,s seem to have all the ace,s.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 11:24   #113
Senior Member+

Neil redfern at Barnsley wants crooks
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 12:33   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
any info on who he wants them to steal from DAV
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 15:09   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Has he approached FIFA? Plenty to choose from, I hear.
Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 07:58   #116

Not sure who this Neil Redfearn at Barnsley is. The only one I know is manager at Rotherham.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 08:27   #117
God Member

Lost, if you know him well, tell him to b****r off.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 21:33   #118
Senior Member+

Josh is having an operation for a double hernia...Should be available for selection at the beginning of March!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:00   #119
Resting in Peace

Ouch!��
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 16:00   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Josh is having an operation for a double hernia...Should be available for selection at the beginning of March!
That's a relief. I was worried it was an Alice Band injury which, for Josh, would have been career threatening.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..