Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2016, 10:18   #31

Re: Notts County MATCH THREAD

Game off again
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2016, 10:22   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I asked yesterday if there was a good chance of the weather getting worse could we have an early inspection. They did and called it off. Save some Notts fans a long travell. but Gutted. as the sun is shining as I write this in sunny Harwood.
Shining in Rishton as well Chris !... now there's a strange thing !.

Sad the game is off but would have hated to see 22 players sliding about instead of playing football whilst risking injury !... and making the entire happening little more than a lottery.

Tuesday evenings in 2016 will be fun filled methinks !. 😉

KTF.
Chrisr likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:27   #33
Senior Member+

Looking at the photos on the Fishy site it clearly shows that the pitch would be unplayable. The rain appears to be killing off the grass as it looks very thin.
I can honestly say that I have never experienced such a prolonged period of heavy rain such as we have had over the last two months. My back lawn is usually a good comparison to the Stanley pitch and the grass on my lawn is simply disappearing and it is turning into a mudflat! It will need totally reseeding in the spring!

We will just have to play 'Catch Up' in the latter part of the season and surge into the play offs!
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:28   #34
Senior Member+

Should Coley be looking in the loan market to try and strengthen to cope with the amount of Saturday Tuesday Saturday games?
Old 09-01-2016, 12:07   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Should Coley be looking in the loan market to try and strengthen to cope with the amount of Saturday Tuesday Saturday games?
To me we should be looking at alternative venues to play some matches at first.
Old 09-01-2016, 15:15   #36

Here comes the rain again - right on time for the start of second half!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 16:14   #37
God Member

Today's league results pretty good for Stanley, and even Ipswich helped with their last minute equaliser.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 16:48   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

They certainly were very good fer us, still in top 7 and another game in hand, can live wi that.
Old 09-01-2016, 21:35   #39
Full Member+

Today both Burnley and Blackburn were away, I know Blackburn was pp but the point I was asking is would it not have been possible with the early call off could we have not switched to one their grounds, It would not been that inconvenient for the fans, I am sure there is a FA rule that would be against it. Assuming the host would be agreeable to us playing on their pitch. I think this point is extremely relevant given the blasting coley got for suggesting Carlisle should not be able to switch grounds. It has been an unprecedented level of rainfall, Will the FA help with grants to improve drainage.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 23:01   #40

Quote:
Today both Burnley and Blackburn were away, I know Blackburn was pp but the point I was asking is would it not have been possible with the early call off could we have not switched to one their grounds, It would not been that inconvenient for the fans, I am sure there is a FA rule that would be against it. Assuming the host would be agreeable to us playing on their pitch. I think this point is extremely relevant given the blasting coley got for suggesting Carlisle should not be able to switch grounds. It has been an unprecedented level of rainfall, Will the FA help with grants to improve drainage.
It's not that easy i'd think. First of all it's computerised ticketing the catering then stewarding which would need to be risk assessed then policing then hospitality if there is any and staff to man the stadium.

Fine if you know well in advance but no chance at short notice
AccyMad likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 23:24   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Aye, very sad...
Gone are; The Oddfellows, The Lamb, The Volunteer......
but The Forts and The Old England Forever still doing well with a grand selection of Real Ales,
I usually go into The Forts on Saturdays around 6pm to celebrate Stanley's successes!
I was going to reply earlier but not too easy on my phone and since there is no game to discuss I hope it isn't too off topic but yes been in them all and sometimes on the same night .

The Royal Oak was usually the pub of choice as I could walk out my gran's front door and walk 50 yards to it but I've also had many a lockin in the Forts Arms. I also remember the Albion and Sparth Manor I think it was as well as the others you mentioned. All this was more than a quarter of a century ago which shows How old I am.

I never seemed to make it as far as the Hare and hounds for some reason.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:03   #42
God Member

Quote:
If it only takes a few hours to put on a league football game then somebody somewhere is getting it all wrong
AccyMad and baldy like this.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:37   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If it only takes a few hours to put on a league football game then somebody somewhere is getting it all wrong
You disappoint me Dave. I thought your organisational skills would have been up to it
lancsdave likes this.
Old 10-01-2016, 13:11   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
You disappoint me Dave. I thought your organisational skills would have been up to it
I haven't time, I'm working on a new idea of printing weather
Old 10-01-2016, 13:21   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I haven't time, I'm working on a new idea of printing weather
You will "rain" supreme with that
lancsdave likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..