Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2016, 16:23   #1
Senior Member+

Bristol Rovers Match

What a superb football match we had today at The WHAM stadium!
Bristol were a very good side and it took a superb performance and 100% application from Stanley to come out on top!
Every Stanley player came out of the match with credit and you could see on the players faces at the end of the match just how chuffed they were to win and to have played in the style which we are used to seeing.
The pitch held up well but was very slippy in the corners but Stanley still produced some sublime passing football once again. But it was also down to their determination and willingness to play for each other that won the match for us!
Pearson was the best of my MEN OF THE MATCH! He was immense and his efforts to keep the ball in play when attacking in the first half almost resulted in Stanley goals. 99 out of 100 players would just not have bothered to keep the ball live but but he somehow twisted his body to hook the ball back in TWICE!
What a wonderful and very important victory in a match which was a credit to both sides and a great advert for our division!
Excellent support from the ULTRAS today and the atmosphere in the Clayton end was superb!
ON STANLEY ON

AccyMad and chevyfire like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 30-01-2016 at 16:33.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2016, 16:32   #2
God Member

Re: Bristol Rovers Match

Brilliant advert for league 2 and apart from the first 15 minutes the better team should and could have been 3_0 all played well especially Ross in goal clean sheet looking calm and assured but man of the match for me was Matty Pearson guts and bravado and some excellent distribution automatic spots looking a possibility now on Stanley on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 16:33   #3
Resting in Peace

An enthralling match. These lads deserve 3000 home supporters with this standard of performance. Spirit and skill in abundance from every man jack, including my bete noir McConville who I must take my hat off to for breaking the deadlock. Could have been a bigger victory with our chances but Bristol really made us work for it
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 16:41   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Two very good sides,3 very deserved points in my view. well done the stanley eleven.
Old 30-01-2016, 17:10   #5
Senior Member+

choirboy saved me giving a match report !!!
Bristol have a good team and they didn't come for a draw.
With a bit more firepower up front,they would be as good as any team.
Acci had to work their socks off to get anything and they didn't disappoint.
Mention for bristols fans,never stopped backing their team.
Finally,a mention for Coley,changing your keeper against a playoff rival was a massive call,and proved a good one,the lad had a decent game.
baldy, cashman, choirboy and 1 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:20   #6
Full Member+

A brilliant match where both sides deserve credit, I am afraid the ref and officials in an attempt to let the game flow did miss several serious claims for penalties and fouls. But Bristol brought a good number of supporters who were right behind their team. we had a total crowd of 2020. I don't know what the breakdown of home and away supporters is. However the club deserve much higher attendances than they are getting. The new owner is putting his money where his mouth is and things are turning in the clubs favour. The game today deserves to be game of the day on TV. I think this was the first clean sheet of the season, I would struggle to pick a man of he match as that could fairly be shared amongst a number of players. But anyone seeing this game today will want to come back for more.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:27   #7
God Member

Fantastic result you mighty men in stripes. BIG 3 pts that.I'm smelling auto promotion.
Chrisr likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:51   #8

How good is Halliday?!?! Big future for that lad
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:55   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
How good is Halliday?!?! Big future for that lad
agree thought him and pearson were immense today.
Old 30-01-2016, 18:06   #10
Senior Member+

It was interesting as they seemed to settle into playing 4-1-3-2 and their front two seemed to go up against our CBs.
This meant they were a little narrow at times which brought our fullbacks into play and they didn't disappoint ,although credit must go to Sean and piero as they occupied their fullbacks.
As I said the game was full of little battles and our lads shaded it,really good game played at a high tempo.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 18:46   #11
Senior Member+

Already on Sky's site:
Accrington 1-0 Bristol Rovers | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 18:52   #12
Senior Member+

All I will say is that it was a thoroughly enjoyable game for all to watch between 2 teams who are gunning for promotion. An excellent advert for league 2, but just how did Crooksy miss from 4 yards. Nice to see the appearance at half time of Rommy Boco, Welcome back

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 18:59   #13
God Member

Wow! What a game - edge of my seat stuff, every man jack of our lads worked their socks off & got the result they deserved - enough said!! An even happier bunny than I was earlier when we heard Rommy was back
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 10:15   #14
Resting in Peace

View from the Gas:-

Bloody Hell that was cold | Bristol Rovers Independent Fans Forum
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 10:20   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Pretty fair i thought?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..