Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2016, 12:19   #1

Where are we at?

Just wondering where people consider we're at in the season.
Play-offs look within our reach but have we got a realistic chance of 2nd or 3rd, Nhampton seemingly running away with the league?

Was Carlisle a blip or did it expose our limitations (absence of Windass,Winnard reliance on Crooks)
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2016, 14:21   #2
God Member

Re: Where are we at?

I'm sure Carlisle game was just a temporary blip - every confidence that the lads will turn it around for Saturdays' game v Crawley & I'm also sure the reverse fixture against our Cumbrian friends will be a different story than at Brunton Park
Shay is more than able to replace Josh as he's already shown, for me Crooksy will be the bigger miss but again we have players chomping at the bit for their chance, Proccy, Scott Brown & of course Rommy - we'll be just fine
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 14:37   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I also reckon we will be fine, am just sorry i will not be at the crawley game, but thats life.
Old 08-02-2016, 18:49   #4
Full Member+

2 wins from safety in all probability. Every squad in the league is limited some way, a win v Creepy will push us up the league with 6 of the top 7 playing each other.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:43   #5
God Member

[QUOTE=Inspector Morse;1160589]Just wondering where people consider we're at in the season.
Play-offs look within our reach but have we got a realistic chance of 2nd or 3rd, Nhampton seemingly running away with the league?

bebly a top 3 finish might be a bit beyond us now but the play offs should be well within our grasp. a lot of home games to come but need to start picking up a few more wins away. think Saturday was just a blip and I think the majority of fans didn,t feel too comfortable about the trip up there. onwards and upwards and roll on Saturday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:05   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We got 7 away wins so far, reckon thats not too bad?
Old 09-02-2016, 09:35   #7
Senior Member+

Where are we at? In a position that was pretty much beyond our wildest dreams back in August ......
Old 09-02-2016, 09:36   #8
Senior Member+

My wildest dreams anyway
Old 09-02-2016, 09:58   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We got 7 away wins so far, reckon thats not too bad?
only 1 win in last 6 though.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:11   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
only 1 win in last 6 though.
True but 3 in last 8, yeh can do out wi figures. plus 1 draw.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:34   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
True but 3 in last 8, yeh can do out wi figures. plus 1 draw.
problem is for me it has to improve. I still think we,ll make the play offs but I fear if we don't. expectations are higher than 12 months ago and if we fail season tiket sales could drop and andy holts good work could be undone. football fans in general are a fickle lot especially around Accrington. a lot would be more upset if we miss out than if we had finished mid table and had been there all season.
cashman likes this.
Old 09-02-2016, 14:23   #12
Senior Member+

That's why we need to build our loyal hardcore fan base, Fans that will turn up week in week out that will stick by us if times got tougher.

We got 3000 in our Conference winning season where are they now? Rovers got 25k fans in Premiership now only get 12k, So just in that alone there are nearly 15 thousand football fans in Hyndburn that are no longer going to football regularly that we need to attract to come and watch us!

I just hope we make a really big push for season tickets and the new loyalty cards rather than just expecting fans to turn up to the ground and buy one like in previous years!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-02-2016, 16:16   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
problem is for me it has to improve. I still think we,ll make the play offs but I fear if we don't. expectations are higher than 12 months ago and if we fail season tiket sales could drop and andy holts good work could be undone. football fans in general are a fickle lot especially around Accrington. a lot would be more upset if we miss out than if we had finished mid table and had been there all season.
I don't think anybody who got a season ticket for this season could be considered a fickle fan likely to be put off by a bit of a slump, given we only won 2 games out of the last 14 last season. So I don't see it likely that many of them are going to be upset enough by whatever happens next this time around not to renew. OK, fickle fans who have been attracted by our good form so far this season (not that there seem to be that many anyway) who might have taken out a season ticket if we got promoted might not if we don't. But that isn't going to leave us any worse off than we were at the start of this season.

Anyway, what's got to improve? We've won 3 lost 3 of the last 6, and none of the 6 before that (won 4 drawn 2) - and only 4 of those 12 were at home. All the losses were away, and all to top-half teams, including the runaway leaders. And if we were to win all our games in hand (OK not easy given the fixture backlog) we'll be at worst 4th and well clear of 5th. Doesn't look too bad to me, really
Old 09-02-2016, 20:55   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well after tonights draw Mansfield are in 4th place 3 pts above us, we got 5 games in hand on them. on that basis alone were doing ok in my book.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:37   #15
God Member

[QUOTE=Chimer;1160690]I don't think anybody who got a season ticket for this season could be considered a fickle fan likely to be put off by a bit of a slump, given we only won 2 games out of the last 14 last season. So I don't see it likely that many of them are going to be upset enough by whatever happens next this time around not to renew. OK, fickle fans who have been attracted by our good form so far this season (not that there seem to be that many anyway)
I do think our home support has gone up slightly. a 10 per cent increase would only give us as extra 120 or so. people who buy season tickets are not fickle fans but the problem is our fan base isn.t getting any younger and some might think if we miss out on the play offs that enough is enough. there,s always the first match you go to but there is always the last as well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..