Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2016, 09:42   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Notts County match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if you turn up, have to queue, miss the kick off and an early goal you might think twice about coming again. professional football has been played for well over 100 years with a system of season tickets and paying cash at turnstiles. its worked ok so why change it. suppose its old fashioned for our new all change regime. if its not broke don,t fix it. terrible gate last night, yes it was cold but dry so I can,t see why any changers are needed. we need more to turn up not less.
Problem last night was Arsenal v Barca on telly, Burnley V Notts Forest, whats a casual likely to do, watch us? I doubt that very much, woulda been better played tonight imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 09:49   #47
Senior Member+

Another fantastic result.

I wonder if people are actually thinking of the bigger picture when there are no cash at turnstiles as it where?

I was told the reason yesterday , which was pretty shocking to be honest, so fair play to Mr Holt for acting.

Is it so hard so actually arrive 1 minute earlier and get a ticket ?

There will be a number of places to get a ticket from, not just the ticket office.

The opposition towards change and ultimately modernising the club is quite unbelievable from some people.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:02   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

I wonder if people are actually thinking of the bigger picture when there are no cash at turnstiles as it where?

I was told the reason yesterday , which was pretty shocking to be honest, so fair play to Mr Holt for acting.

There will be a number of places to get a ticket from, not just the ticket office.

The opposition towards change and ultimately modernising the club is quite unbelievable from some people.
I have nothing against change and modernization and hopefully we will have a club and stadium and team to be proud off , but I was told about this on the way out last night by a friend who had seen a sign somewhere stuck up this isn,t really professional with just 4 days before the next home game does,nt apply to me I have a season ticket but I bet there are a lot of walk on,s unaware of this change if you are going to modernize please use some professionalism.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:03   #49
Senior Member+

Just buy a season ticket and you won't have to queue up every game...Problem solved!
Old 24-02-2016, 10:07   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

what was the reason to stop cash at the turnstiles or is it something what you were told in confidence. to modernise something is no guarantee something will be better. all modernising in my liketime has been the opposite. soulness shopping precincts, giant housing estates with high rise flats come to mind.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:12   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just buy a season ticket and you won't have to queue up every game...Problem solved!
not everyone has the cash to purchase a season ticket or can go to most matches especially mid week games. been going to football for over 60 years and only got my first 3 years ago.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:13   #52
God Member

Quote:
Make em cheaper will sell more but I think we,ve been here before bit of a silly post mate.
Old 24-02-2016, 10:25   #53
Senior Member+

Just been on the Fishy Site which is working fine now.....

Watched Coley's post match interview and he was 'Furious' with the players for the drop in form last night after going three up! He rightly praised Rommy Boco and Mark Hughes for their good performances and also Billy Kee but he fairly laid into the rest of the team. He particularly picked out Crooksy for what I think was some rather harsh criticism for 'lack of effort'! For me Crooksy didn't show a lack of effort just a complete lack of composure in front of goal! Had he scored scored a couple of goals, from the several chances that he had last night, then he could have probably shared the MOM award with Rommy after a famous 5 - 0 victory!
Crooksy is an enigma........he looks somewhat casual when he is on the ball.......when he is without the ball he covers more ground than he appears to due to his 'loping' running style.......but he must be so difficult to play against as opponents find it difficult to get the ball off him and he does have a wonderful understanding with Seamus Coneely.
Crooksy played as a centre forward against us for Hartlepool when on loan there from Huddersfield and he was woeful then in front of goal!
Coley initially tried him here at Stanley as a centre forward and he was still woeful in front of goal just as he was last night, wasting lots of chances when getting into great scoring positions.
Crooksy is just not a natural goal scorer! I shouted from the Clayton End, mid way through the second half after another scuffed shot, "Crooksy, don't shoot, just pass it to somebody else!"
The bang in the face that Halliday took didn't help our balance but we really lost our shape when County upped the pressure and modified their approach. Give County some credit here because they clearly changed their tactics. It was our lack of understanding, perhaps from the players and from Coley and Jimmy dare I say, in not picking up and responding to that change that made us underperform in the second half IMHO.
During a season every team will normally have a 'Blip'. Let's hope that second half performance was ours and that we get back to 'Normal' on saturday against Barnet!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:36   #54
Senior Member+

I rather think that this ticket debate should have its own thread. But it doesn't - so here I am.

Firstly, I am mystified why there hasn't been any official announcement possibly even with a fanfare. Or even fan fare!!! I still have an open mind about the new regime but management by stealth (or by whispers or by twitter) is not a good idea.

Secondly, it has to be said that there are now plenty of away grounds where there is no cash admission at turnstiles. So it is certainly not a new concept.

And thirdly, does this mean we have a new ticketing system? We shall certainly need one if we are indeed promoted. It has been a constant source of annoyance to me that, since the days of Lou Carroll, I have been unable to buy tickets when several members of my family come along. To ensure that we have 5 or 6 seats together next to mine has meant arriving quite early (to the annoyance of the children, especially in bad weather) or risking those seats being available (or asking people to move). Here I must thank the two people (they know who they are) who have done their very best to ensure that seats were available.

I know that Lou's system was very expensive and I know that my situation is probably unusual, perhaps unique. But I do hope that the club is organising a proper ticketing system that will allow pre-purchase. I also hope that the club has thought through the whole system and that the introduction is not "tinpot" or even shambolic. Saturday could be interesting.

In more general terms, come on Mr Burgess. Tell us out loud what is going on. The club has supporters (and fans) outside Accrington and we cannot hear the whispers and gossip.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:38   #55

We seem to be having a few blips recently Carlisle away, Crawley 1st Half.
Last night was shambolic for a promotion chasing team to nearly throw a 3 goal lead.
Crooks should have dominated that midfield last night.

Maybe league position has gone to some of their heads
Hope not as most important 6 games of season coming up.It would be criminal to blow what they've done so far.

Are we maybe missing a leader in pitch?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:44   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Just been on the Fishy Site which is working fine now.....

Watched Coley's post match interview and he was 'Furious' with the players for the drop in form last night after going three up! He rightly praised Rommy Boco and Mark Hughes for their good performances and also Billy Kee but he fairly laid into the rest of the team. He particularly picked out Crooksy for what I think was some rather harsh criticism for 'lack of effort'! For me Crooksy didn't show a lack of effort just a complete lack of composure in front of goal! Had he scored scored a couple of goals, from the several chances that he had last night, then he could have probably shared the MOM award with Rommy after a famous 5 - 0 victory!
Crooksy is an enigma........he looks somewhat casual when he is on the ball.......when he is without the ball he covers more ground than he appears to due to his 'loping' running style.......but he must be so difficult to play against as opponents find it difficult to get the ball off him and he does have a wonderful understanding with Seamus Coneely.
Crooksy played as a centre forward against us for Hartlepool when on loan there from Huddersfield and he was woeful then in front of goal!
Coley initially tried him here at Stanley as a centre forward and he was still woeful in front of goal just as he was last night, wasting lots of chances when getting into great scoring positions.
Crooksy is just not a natural goal scorer! I shouted from the Clayton End, mid way through the second half after another scuffed shot, "Crooksy, don't shoot, just pass it to somebody else!"
The bang in the face that Halliday took didn't help our balance but we really lost our shape when County upped the pressure and modified their approach. Give County some credit here because they clearly changed their tactics. It was our lack of understanding, perhaps from the players and from Coley and Jimmy dare I say, in not picking up and responding to that change that made us underperform in the second half IMHO.
During a season every team will normally have a 'Blip'. Let's hope that second half performance was ours and that we get back to 'Normal' on saturday against Barnet!
Excellent post Choirboy I think it maybe is John,s way off geeing his players up the substitution, s changed the game for me their manager got his better than John not blaming John substitution,s are always a gamble and last night I thought they misfired a bit but we saw the game out and claimed all 3 points which could be critical against a very underrated side well done everyone.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 10:46   #57
God Member

I reckon the lads just like to keep us on our toes (& the edge of our seats) - pure tactics, we were always gonna win last night & the way it happened certainly was good value for your money
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 10:47   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Casuals dont buy season tickets, they come on a whim, be great if they did.
Old 24-02-2016, 10:52   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

County musta got a real rocket at half time, judging by the way they looked/acted when they came out early for second half. whatever it was is not mattering one bit to the 3 pts we got.
Old 24-02-2016, 12:09   #60
Senior Member+

My buying a season ticket was a tongue in cheek comment, obviously a season ticket doesn't suit everybody...Make them cheaper?...£8.65 for an adult + u12...Tell me where you can get a good afternoon entertainment for that elsewhere in Accrington or surrounding area?

I don't think Crooks was singling Crooks out, Was just saying He knows how good Crooks is a lot better than that performance and didn't play as well as he knows he can! People say he isn't a goalscorer I don't think 7 goals is too bad for a DM player!

On the tickets, The club arnt saying that you have to buy them midweek or not at all, You can buy them 5 mins before kick off...If that's going to put fans off then we may as well pack up and not bother at all!
Redraine and Tom D like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..