Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2016, 07:29   #226
Full Member+

Re: Summer Signings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think "I'm a Loser" more appropriate?

It could include , Peter Murphy , Lee Molyneaux , Dean Winnard , Wakefield and Shay McCartan (and counting !)
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2016, 07:56   #227
God Member

Quote:
Think "I'm a Loser" more appropriate?
could be the green green grass of home by the end of the season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:04   #228
Senior Member+

Best signing of the season so far? Owen Coyle to Blackburn. Looks as though disillusioned Blackburn fans are considering, or have even bought, in a couple of cases, Season Tickets for Accy. Well done the Venky's.
AccyMad, baldy, Dav1d and 1 others like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 03-06-2016 at 08:04. Reason: punctuation
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:07   #229
God Member

I believe Morecambe are sniffing around Shay McCarten as well will soon be our second eleven.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:15   #230
God Member

Trouble is, not one of our lads who have made the switch to Morecambe have done as well for them as they did for us - Podge did ok but didn't really come into his own again till he signed for Grimsby - really hope Shay isn't on his way to the seaside but after the happenings of the last couple of days, it's anybody's guess who'll be next to abandon ship - I really didn't think Deano would defect so what do I know?
It's starting to feel like 2011 all over again
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:18   #231

Personally I'm not that overjoyed with all these potential signings coming our way.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:24   #232
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Personally I'm not that overjoyed with all these potential signings coming our way.
Dont blame yeh, yeh cant polish a turd.
baldy likes this.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:27   #233
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Not that enthusiastic about them myself - at least all your news at the minute is of incoming players, not being funny but I'm unsure how they're being persuaded to come when your future ownership is still not sorted?
Hope they're not being sold a Stockport scenario cos we all know how that ended
Old 03-06-2016, 08:35   #234
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not that enthusiastic about them myself - at least all your news at the minute is of incoming players, not being funny but I'm unsure how they're being persuaded to come when your future ownership is still not sorted?
Hope they're not being sold a Stockport scenario cos we all know how that ended
I think they are being persuaded because the ownership has been sorted but not announced yet.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:37   #235
Full Member+

Quote:
Trouble is, not one of our lads who have made the switch to Morecambe have done as well for them as they did for us - Podge did ok but didn't really come into his own again till he signed for Grimsby - really hope Shay isn't on his way to the seaside but after the happenings of the last couple of days, it's anybody's guess who'll be next to abandon ship - I really didn't think Deano would defect so what do I know?
I think the only ex Accy signing I've been disappointed with was Craney.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:01   #236
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
I think the only ex Accy signing I've been disappointed with was Craney.
You & me both mate
Old 03-06-2016, 09:27   #237
God Member

Quote:
just what I,ve been saying. seems a sideways move at the best unless there,s something we don,t know is happening at both clubs. only time will tell.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:16   #238
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
just what I,ve been saying. seems a sideways move at the best unless there,s something we don,t know is happening at both clubs. only time will tell.
If you are thinking what I'm thinking I would call it betrayal and we would have to rename our friends on the coast Cherry Pickers, instead of Cockle Pickers
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:23   #239
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If you are thinking what I'm thinking I would call it betrayal and we would have to rename our friends on the coast Cherry Pickers, instead of Cockle Pickers
cant blame em, they want to remain a league club n its the only way.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:14   #240
Full Member+

Quote:
cant blame em, they want to remain a league club n its the only way.

Sorry but the stats don't agree with you.

There's been 9 football league seasons that we have both been in this division.

The team achieving the highest position over the other goes to Morecambe by 5 seasons to 4.

Morecambe have never been in a relegation scrap i.e always been mathematically safe at least 2 weeks before the final fixtures.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..