Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2016, 14:50   #16
Full Member+

Re: Tickets for Wednesday

The official capacity is around 5054, so why was it a sell out against Stevenage with around 4500 on?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2016, 14:58   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
... If the away club asks for all it's entitlement the home club can't do owt about it...

I'm sure that's true and correct, but IF Wimbledon don't sell out all their allocation, why can't Stanley do what happened on Saturday night where all the away fans were pushed into one tiny corner and the 'normal' away standing area was filled up with home fans.
Surely it's in Stanley's interest to get more of their fans in than to have a couple of hundred Wombles running all over the Coppice End?
Can't a barrier be stretched down the Coppice End to separate the fans and let some more Stanley supporters on to one side of it?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 16:01   #18
God Member

It was reduced by H & S to 4700 due to area needed for sky tv equipment/ scaffolding etc

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 16:04   #19
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There are rules in place for the allocation of tickets by the Football League for play off matches. If the away club asks for all it's entitlement the home club can't do owt about it. Without searching I don't know what the numbers are
25% if required I think the offical number is ie 1262.
Old 17-05-2016, 17:11   #20

Home tickets now sold out
Old 17-05-2016, 19:39   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
25% if required I think the offical number is ie 1262.
it is 2,000 or 10%, which ever is lowest as a minimum, the same as a league fixture.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 20:13   #22
Super Moderator

AFC asked for their full allocation of 2K; we compromised on 1700

At the Stevenage game; they were allocated approx 500 ( less than there FL allowance ) and only sold around 150.

We were asked to be a "featured game" by the FL; so with the requirements for TV we lost some spectator space; hence the "sold out" situation
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 20:18   #23
Full Member+

If i can't get a ticket i'll probably watch the game on tv in the Crown, then go into the ground for the last 15 minutes when they open the gates. It's better than nothing i suppose. Will there be extra time if it's a draw or do they go straight to penalties?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 20:29   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
AFC asked for their full allocation of 2K; we compromised on 1700

At the Stevenage game; they were allocated approx 500 ( less than there FL allowance ) and only sold around 150.

We were asked to be a "featured game" by the FL; so with the requirements for TV we lost some spectator space; hence the "sold out" situation
If that's the case then why do Barnsley say the rules are as Chewbacca says

"Despite huge anticipated demand for tickets from Barnsley supporters and a number of pleas from ourselves, Walsall have decided that due to health and safety concerns, at this stage the 1,450 allocation cannot be increased. Under Football League Regulations each home club must make provision for at least 2,000 away supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Banks’s Stadium has a total capacity of 11,300, therefore our away allocation equates to just under 13% of the overall capacity."

Read more at Club Statement: Play-Off Ticket Allocations.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 20:47   #25
God Member

Extra time

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 21:19   #26
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
If that's the case then why do Barnsley say the rules are as Chewbacca says

"Despite huge anticipated demand for tickets from Barnsley supporters and a number of pleas from ourselves, Walsall have decided that due to health and safety concerns, at this stage the 1,450 allocation cannot be increased. Under Football League Regulations each home club must make provision for at least 2,000 away supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The Banks’s Stadium has a total capacity of 11,300, therefore our away allocation equates to just under 13% of the overall capacity."

Read more at Club Statement: Play-Off Ticket Allocations.
It is black and white, the club may have thought Stanley fans would not sell out or it is impossible to give 470 away tickets the way the ground is set up.

If the club genuinely thought they needed to give 2k and that 1,700 on a sale or return basis is a good deal then god help us.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 21:30   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It is black and white, the club may have thought Stanley fans would not sell out or it is impossible to give 470 away tickets the way the ground is set up.

If the club genuinely thought they needed to give 2k and that 1,700 on a sale or return basis is a good deal then god help us.
It must be the former because Stevenage were offered 500 according to MrT so can't be the latter
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..