Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree169Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2017, 10:53   #181
Super Moderator

Re: Clayton End development?

Surely, we have no alternative but to replace the stand, as we don't have the required number of seats in the ground to meet Football League requirements, since the Clayton End seats were removed?
AccyMad, cashman, mab and 1 others like this.
Old 29-08-2017, 11:32   #182
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good point that Wyn, never dawned on me.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 29-08-2017, 12:03   #183

'Surely, we have no alternative but to replace the stand, as we don't have the required number of seats in the ground to meet Football League requirements, since the Clayton End seats were removed?'

They were removed because we had plans to build a stand.

If its the plan as first mooted I still don't get who the hecks going to sit in it apart from a few guys who don't like to stand or can't stand.

It might look good but if its sparsely populated it'll likely end up not being used to save money, sucking atmosphere from the ground.

I find it hard to believe it'll have a material impact on away fans at our level. They don't tend to be fickle types.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 12:21   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Maybe this is the way to go, I think we all know by now that we are not going to bring in support from Accy or the surrounding area, so if we had better facilities we may get more support from Yeovil
And Somerset won't need to bring his umbrella!
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 12:37   #185
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post

I find it hard to believe it'll have a material impact on away fans at our level. They don't tend to be fickle types.
obviously yeh dont converse with that many? our facilities for away fans are pretty disgraceful.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-08-2017, 13:05   #186

'obviously yeh dont converse with that many? our facilities for away fans are pretty disgraceful'.

I'm not arguing that point: I agree with you, but would they not be better catered for by improving the Coppice end rather than building a new stand?

My question is, would the additional away fans that would come as a result of improving the facilities be enough to fill a new stand on a reasonably regular basis?

If the answer is no, then we have a nice shiny, empty, atmosphere-depleting stand.

Out of interest is Morecombe's away gate regularly higher than ours for comparable fixtures? This would give a good indication of the likely impact of a decent ground on away support.
Old 29-08-2017, 13:41   #187
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Theres many things to consider imho. our own fans for one, some of them say they dont get a good view if they are moved from their seats for cup games, so its possible that could be the home fans stand? not convinced they would like that though. plus as wyn has said, we aint got enough seats to satisfy the ******* that make the rules since removing clayton ends seats.
Wynonie Harris likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 29-08-2017 at 13:43. Reason: adding
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 13:53   #188

The ground for all its faults is a homely little atmospheric place. I hope the developments don't inadvertantly destroy this.

I've been through this once before and would hate to see it happen at Stanley.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:02   #189
Super Moderator

Quote:
They were removed because we had plans to build a stand.
...which is exactly what we are doing. Are you suggesting that we don't build a stand and get expelled from the league for flouting ground regulations?
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:14   #190

I can't recall from the original planning application, but surely the new stand as proposed was intended to provide more than just seats?
What about the long overdue changing room facilities - the current one's are infamously inadequate.
Perhaps new offices, toilets, club bar etc. All of these could be incorporated beneath a new stand.
If Andy Holt is prepared to invest in such a project, why moan about it?
Much as I enjoy the Clayton End, my standing days won't last forever.
cashman likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 14:36   #191
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I can't recall from the original planning application, but surely the new stand as proposed was intended to provide more than just seats?
What about the long overdue changing room facilities - the current one's are infamously inadequate.
Perhaps new offices, toilets, club bar etc. All of these could be incorporated beneath a new stand.
If Andy Holt is prepared to invest in such a project, why moan about it?
Much as I enjoy the Clayton End, my standing days won't last forever.
Good sense in that, my standing days wont last forever neither.cannot understand people moaning about an obvious improvement.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:42   #192

Those are all good things Lord Stiffie but I can't get away from the fact a large empty stand contributes to a poor matchday atmosphere.
Old 29-08-2017, 14:45   #193

'Good sense in that, my standing days wont last forever neither.cannot understand people moaning about an obvious improvement.'

An improved infrastructure at the cost of matchday atmosphere.

BTW You guys do know there are seats in the mainstand?
Old 29-08-2017, 14:46   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Those are all good things Lord Stiffie but I can't get away from the fact a large empty stand contributes to a poor matchday atmosphere.
So come on then whats this atmosphere that comes from the cowshed?? We stand Clayton End near the cowshed end and we have never witnessed it. on that basis how can it be any worse on that side?
Old 29-08-2017, 14:47   #195

Quote:
Fear not Inspector!
We'll be playing int' Championship by then!
Can't sit in the main stand - I've been banned by AccyMad!
cashman likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..