Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2016, 14:13   #31

Re: 2016/2017 Squad ......Signings

got to admit one of my first thoughts (oh yes, the wife's wrong - more than one braincell, me) was what a shame the fans couldn't say a proper goodbye. Reminds me of me when I slipped quietly off into the sunset on the day of my retirement (did have a drinky-poo gathering a month earlier mind).
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2016, 16:23   #32
Senior Member+

Another goalkeeper to be added to the list. Welcome on board Elliot Parish. Formerly of Blackpool, Bristol City and more recently Colchester United.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 21:41   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I never read it like that? to me it reads he may sign up as a player for the club hes working for?
You're probably right Cashy but I am presuming that he was offered a contract at Stanley. So I have put him in the list with the others who have also been offered contracts and who have neither signed up with us again or with another club......in other words......sort of in 'Limbo'.

Good to see another keeper signed up........Elliot Parish. It will be good again to have two lads keeping each other on their toes, both vying for the place on the teamsheet but also providing quality cover if one or t'other gets injured.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2016, 21:46   #34
Senior Member+

Updated including another Keeper........Elliot Parish.
Players signed up now;

Keepers;
Chapman
Parish

Defenders;
Beckles
Hughes
Pearson
Sykes

Midfield;
Brown
McConville
Coneely
Hery

Attackers;
Kee
Webb
....... 12 Players signed up

Still to be resolved.......

Tom Davies
Terry Gornell
Shay McCarten
Marcus Carver
Max Hazeldine
Adam Buxton
Liam Goulding
Romy Boco
Brayden Shaw ......9 players yet to be resolved

Andy Procter - Physio. (Likely to move elsewhere and may register as a back up player).
Old 22-06-2016, 21:52   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
There really should be some sort of testimonial for Proccy, a chance for the fans to say thanks & goodbye properly - what does anyone else think?
I fully endorse your suggestion....
Procky has been a wonderful Stanley servant and deserves the fuss of a Testimonial match.......
Who knows? .........we could see John and Jimmy running out with some of our ex players coming back to celebrate a great career.
Old 22-06-2016, 22:37   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Whoops!.......
I think I have overlooked Romy Boco.
Any body know if he is going to sign up and how he is recovering from that bad facial injury?
Last I heard he went to France and he had to have further surgery.

Get well soon Rommy!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Old 23-06-2016, 14:03   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Another promising signing a left sided defender,
Old 23-06-2016, 14:07   #38
Senior Member+

Welcome Frazer Shaw. Hope your Stanley career is long and illustrious.
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 23-06-2016, 17:59   #39
Senior Member+

Left footed left back added........welcome to Frazer Shaw.
Players signed up now;

Keepers;

Chapman
Parish

Defenders;
Beckles
Hughes
Pearson
Sykes
Frazer Shaw

Midfield;
Brown
McConville
Coneely
Hery

Attackers;
Kee
Webb
....... 13 Players signed up

Still to be resolved.......

Tom Davies
Terry Gornell
Shay McCarten
Marcus Carver
Max Hazeldine
Adam Buxton
Liam Goulding
Romy Boco
Brayden Shaw ......9 players yet to be resolved

Andy Procter - Physio. (Likely to move elsewhere and may register as a back up player).

Last edited by choirboy; 23-06-2016 at 18:04.
Old 23-06-2016, 20:50   #40
God Member

Mixed opinions on the Orient forum, consensus seems to be that he was decent but not great, whilst mitigating that last year was his first season as a pro. Most would have kept him

Frazer Shaw signs for : General Chat
Old 24-06-2016, 07:55   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=maccawozzagod;1170977]Mixed opinions on the Orient forum, consensus seems to be that he was decent but not great, whilst mitigating that last year was his first season as a pro. Most would have kept him

apart from chapman none of know much about any signings we have made but did any of us know about davies, pearson, brown,etheridge before we signed them and they didn,t turn out too bad have they. if none of the out of contract players don,t re sign i have faith the management will find as good or better replacements. stanley are a club on the up at the moment. 5 years ago they were on their uppers and are a better prospect for hungry young lads who want to improve.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 08:18   #42
God Member

From our visit last season Orient fans showed themselves to be pretty fair observers of the game, so have no reason to argue with the views on their forum.
Wish Mr. Shaw well and it would be great if he turns out as effective as a previous naturally left-footed full back (JJ).
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2016, 09:28   #43
Senior Member+

John and Jimmy have a proven record of 'Reinvigorating' young players who have been released or struggled to make it at 'League' level.
I trust that the list of new players so far signed on will also be inspired by 'The Dynamic Duo' to renew their careers and contribute very effectively to the
'Stanley Redvolution'.
ON STANLEY ON!
WITH JIMMY AND JOHN!
BACKED BY ANDY AND DAVE!
WITH IMPROVING FACILITIES!
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-06-2016, 13:44   #44
Senior Member+

After attending the OASSC meeting last night, Jimmy stated we needed to sign another 4 players, which could mean that 5 of the nine yet to sign on, are going to sign on. The only thing he didn't say was which positions.

Old 24-06-2016, 15:28   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Marcus Carver has gone, wish him all the best.
AccyMad and sherry like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..