Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2016, 15:08   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley Store

I must be in a minority here. I do not find it confusing in the slightest. Firstly select whether you want the price to be shown with or ex VAT. Then you simply select the item you want and then select the size. Correct price shown. Simples.
baldy likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2016, 15:53   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I must be in a minority here. I do not find it confusing in the slightest. Firstly select whether you want the price to be shown with or ex VAT. Then you simply select the item you want and then select the size. Correct price shown. Simples.
Thats fine outback but if quite a few people are confused i dont regard that as good marketing, do you?
Old 09-07-2016, 16:14   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
A major part of the problem, Outback, is that the goods are being presented/marketed in a way that we simply do not expect at Stanley. In the past, buying from the club store has always been easy. The price you saw was the price you paid (plus postage if necessary). There was none of this "From £xx.xx" stuff. Rightly or wrongly, I always associate that with marketing perhaps politely described as sharp. I see a Stanley shirt priced at "From £29.99" but in fact I have to pay £43.60. I feel that there is something not quite right about that. Maybe I am just old-fashioned.
monkey hanger likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 16:43   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats fine outback but if quite a few people are confused i dont regard that as good marketing, do you?
What a fuss about nothing. You go online, select your shirt / shorts size and pay the price indicated. What could be simpler? Surely we al know the the universally used" price from" covers a range of sizes. "Ain't rocket science"!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 16:50   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
What a fuss about nothing. You go online, select your shirt / shorts size and pay the price indicated. What could be simpler? Surely we al know the the universally used" price from" covers a range of sizes. "Ain't rocket science"!
I dont buy online from stanley store i go in the store, which i will not be doing now, nowt simpler than that.
Old 09-07-2016, 16:53   #21
Senior Member+

I heard the stock is all up at Plastic Box Shop HQ, presuming all the deliveries will be sent out from there so probably quicker to use their website...

Not a problem for me that it says from £29.99, most online shops do say this these days!
Old 09-07-2016, 17:35   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I heard the stock is all up at Plastic Box Shop HQ, presuming all the deliveries will be sent out from there so probably quicker to use their website...

Not a problem for me that it says from £29.99, most online shops do say this these days!
Funny that, i do buy many things online, not one of those i use does that!!
Old 09-07-2016, 20:50   #23
God Member

If its a massive online shop then you would select from childrens clothing, womens and mens - prices would be shown accordingly. Now, all shirts are under one tag and must show 'from'. It's acceptable, normal and perfectly proper.

Move along, nothing to see here.
MikeA, baldy and Redraine like this.
Old 09-07-2016, 23:33   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
probably quicker to use their website...
Not much alternative! The link from the website takes you directly to the Plastic Box website.

As I have already said, the pricing system just happens to be different from what we have been accustomed to at Accrington Stanley.

It's clear we are entering a whole new world. When I have bought from the store previously, I have felt that my money was going directly to the club. I am uneasy about that money henceforth being channelled via a different company, albeit a club sponsor.

Maybe I am the only one to feel that unease.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:15   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
From what I've read about Andy Holt, I don't think there's any need to worry about this. There may be some change in future but, for the present, I'm sure that these arrangements are the best for the club
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:10   #26
Senior Member+

I can understand people being wary of change because of owners at other clubs running the club into the ground for their own gains but...

So far Andy Holt has wiped 1.2 mill debt, completely bulldozed the back of the Clayton End and re building it from scratch, building a brand new stand on the Cow Shed, new drainage on the pitch, not to mention his money in the 2 months when we didn't have any income with postponed games, could we have survived without that money?

Whether you agree or disagree with some things that he's done, he has put his money where his mouth is and doing everything he said he would do!

Keep The Faith.
Redraine and DAV007 like this.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:41   #27
God Member

Aye, Owen Oyston the second!

If there was any dishonourable intentions I'm sure he would have bought a more profitable local club like Clitheroe or Chorley perhaps :-).

As a slight aside - what many owners do in multiple businesses is run one business under the umbrella of a parent company. One business can make a loss and it is offset against the profits of the parent company. In laymans terms for us it would mean that if we made a million pound loss it would be a million pound less profit for Wham (for example), that would be a million pound less that they have to pay tax on (20% I think). To the parent company they would have saved 200k but still made an overall loss of 800k. Could the offset company be made to be worth 800k per year via advertising etc?

Not applicable to us particularly, as that hasn't happened - but it could, and it does happen.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:57   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not much alternative! The link from the website takes you directly to the Plastic Box website.

As I have already said, the pricing system just happens to be different from what we have been accustomed to at Accrington Stanley.

It's clear we are entering a whole new world. When I have bought from the store previously, I have felt that my money was going directly to the club. I am uneasy about that money henceforth being channelled via a different company, albeit a club sponsor.

not uneasy at all, on the contrary

a professional company is now ensuring merchandise ordered is being processed properly with an easy to use website.

Lets be honest, until Lancs Dave got involved, merchandise customer service was poor.
I can recall articles on here of fans from around the world complaining about why their order still had not turned up 2 months later and no one from the club was taking ownership of the issues.

Lancs Dave turned merchandise around and now the Andy Holt is getting his company to take it forward.

All positive
MikeA, baldy and Redraine like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:59   #29

Quote:

I tend to agree as well. One of the attractions of Stanley was that it seemed like you were contributing to the club and it was appreciated unlike some of the plastic clubs higher up the leagues where you were a customer not a fan. It was a struggle against the odds each season which made every season we stayed in the league more of a success.

Now we are backed by Andy Holt so the threat of the wolf at the door has receded. In effect we will be just another League 2 club once all the work is finished. Will that still attract curious casual fans? Who knows. I don't think Andy is here to damage the club but neither is he here to throw money away. As macca says it can be used for tax purposes, to attract grants etc and at the end of the day sold on to someone else to recoup some of the money if not all.

I haven't really looked at the online store much as I've been abroad and using my phone but from what I've saw nothing much appeals to me especially since the new shirt is so similar to the old one.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:25   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Adults and kids would normally be listed or advertised separately by a clothing retailer, whether it is Asda or a football club. It is unique to do it the way Stanley have done it, and is more likely to **** people off an cost sales than if the prices were clear up front.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..