Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 10 Post By AsFc62
  • 2 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By DAV007
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Chimer
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By choirboy
  • 1 Post By AsFc62
  • 1 Post By smudgie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2016, 11:00   #1

AWAY TRAVEL: Changing hands this season

After many years of organising away travel for Accrington Stanley fans, I’ve made the decision to pass the baton over.

As well ‘life’ taking over from a personal point of view, It makes complete sense given the recent resurgence of the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters Club (OASSC) and all the improvements being made to the club by the owners, that the away travel was headed up by organisation that can invest time, personnel and hopefully use their position as the OASSC to push the away travel as much as possible for the benefit of all.

Nick Westwell worked hard last season to support away travel with OASSC funding and having had a recent chat with newly elected OASSC chairman Peter Leatham, it’s become pretty clear that this is the perfect opportunity for the OASSC to take on the organisation of away travel. Some great initial ideas flying about, with pre travel payment options, OASSC membership discount, prices set for every game each season and plenty more. I’m sure Peter and his Team will be distributing information in the coming days, via the away travel Facebook page and the OASSC Facebook page and also on the clubs website.

Whilst this is somewhat a trivial statement and one without much importance, I would like to take the opportunity to personally thank all of those who have supported the away travel over the years, the away travel was sustainable because of your support, and I was just the guy putting the pieces together.

Despite the heartbreak, last season was the most successful on and off the pitch. The away following last season was a pleasure to be involved with and the pinnacle of the 9/10 or so years being involved with away travel was Wycombe Away. The support to fund/subsidise travel rivalled by the support of almost 600 fans wanting to cheer on the mighty red men was a sight to behold and will remain as one of my fondest memories as an Accrington Stanley Fan.

Thanks Everyone
Ash

ON STANLEY ON
smudgie, Redraine, cashman and 7 others like this.

Last edited by AsFc62; 26-07-2016 at 11:03.
AsFc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2016, 11:33   #2
God Member

Re: AWAY TRAVEL: Changing hands this season

Ah, bless ya chuck - thanks for all your hard work (& others who've done the job over the years) - you've done a sterling job between you
MikeA and sherry like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 11:36   #3

yes absolutely, apologies I hasnt posted my amended version mentioning my predecessors John Timmins and Stephen Lowe
Old 26-07-2016, 12:18   #4
Senior Member+

Ash,
Thanks for all your hard work

Surprised you didn't win the fan of the year vote

Thanks again
baldy likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 12:39   #5
Senior Member+

thanks Ash !!! great work over the years, hope Peter Leatham will be posting on the accyweb when coaches are running to away games
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2016, 13:24   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All the lads thats been involved in the away travel have done a damn good job.
AsFc62 and sherry like this.
Old 26-07-2016, 14:19   #7
Senior Member+

As an exile, I've never used Ash's services but was very impressed with the way he made the effort to keep it going through the times when there wasn't much take up. The arrival of the coach (and a drum) makes all the difference to the "match-day experience" when the lads are down this way .....
sherry likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 20:03   #8
God Member

I second that, Chimer.
Always great at away games to see the Stanley faithfully, whether they come in a coach or a taxi, or on a skateboard! Will always remember the support at places like Watford, Yeovil, and especially Wycombe.
Thanks for all your efforts, Ash, and good luck to the OASSC for the coming season.
sherry likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2016, 21:53   #9
Senior Member+

Many thanks for all your hard work Ash.......
You deserve a break lad.
You kept the buses going through the good and the not so good times.
I really think that the players have always appreciated the support even when we have only half filled a coach.
Good luck to the new team from the OASSC for the coming season.
sherry likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 10:57   #10

The OASSC can hopefully take it up to the next notch

ON STANLEY ON
Old 30-07-2016, 06:41   #11
Senior Member+

Well done Ash.

Can't be easy running a coach , so top effort!!
AsFc62 likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..